AbuAmina

Immigrant Visa for Yemenis

535 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

I dont know how to copy and paste on this phone

Go to google do dhl track and click on the website that shows

My wife's case was transferred from Cairo to Algeria July 27th. I don't think Egypt is using dhl. My congresswoman said they might be using diplomatic pouch. I also got my son a passport while in Jordan and they have to send it from Egypt to Jordan so I asked them to use dhl because it's faster but they said they don't ship internationally and that they use diplomatic pouch. But if you can search mines for using the date I gave I would appreciate it because I couldn't figure out how to do it

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

I searched it up under the date 24 of july

There was a package delivered from nh to algeria

Im confused when they send the physical file do they send it from nvc or from the embassyin cairo to the other embassy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

I spoke with a supervisor at the NVC and I think I know why Djibouti and Algeria are taking a long time to schedule some people. I was told that they are waiting for a physical file but not all of us have physical files because there were so many cases transferred to Egypt. So basically they are waiting for nothing. Can anyone who was waiting for a physical file to arrive at Djibouti or Algeria tell us how long it took to arrive?

I can't believe this man why are they doing this! I swear this is depressing waiting every single day thinking will get a new update I'm tried of this wallah my heart hurts. Especially hearing this that their waiting for these physical files when they can go ahead with the electronic one they'll take all the original copy's with them to the interview anyways .. Anyways I called the NVC the other day and I got no where he was so rude and he said we can't do anything for u just wait till they contact u for the interview .. I asked if there's anything to do to speed it up he said no I said can I personlly call the embassy their and ask so he laughed at my question and said let the embassy do their job and some other things I just said I just wanted to know for general information.. literally after waiting an hour and a half on the phone and at the end get this

Timeline

I requested the case transfer back in May and it finally transferred on August 7.It has been ready Since August 11. As far as how long it takes for the physical file to be transferred it takes several weeks. I tried emailing then asking how long it was going to take they replied with this....

Thank you for your email. Your case is being transferred to Djibouti. Case transfers can take several weeks to arrive in Djibouti from the time the transfer request is processed at the National Visa Center to the arrival of the files in Djibouti. Regardless of any emails you receive from the National Visa Center or IVYemen, please do not contact the Embassy asking if your case has arrived these emails will not be answered. You will be contacted when your case has arrived and has been reviewed.

Going forward, the National Visa Center will be scheduling visa interview appointments on behalf of the U.S. Embassy in Djibouti, Djibouti. Once the case transfer has occurred the case will be in the queue to be scheduled at this U.S. Embassy. Please note, we are unable to estimate when this will occur, as NVC is processing the cases in date order based on the capacity at the U.S. Embassy. NVC will notify the applicants via their email address on file once an interview appointment has been scheduled.

They dont give you an exact timeframe just like all our other processing timeframe. Yemen is different they cant estimate anything for us. Inshallah all of our physical files arrive soon.

See the process to Djibouti is longer then algeria I guess because there's way more ppl in Djbouti .. I know some one who had an appointment on the same day my husband had in June and because he was in Djibouti he transfered there with out wait I guess he tried one week where he tried to go to Egypt but he gave up and requested the transfer and just 2 days ago it said "ready" in Djibouti .. How long was that from the end of June till 2 days ago .. He kept telling my husband to transfer now but we said no maybe because their in Djibouti why they won't give the visa for Egypt regardless we ended up transferring almost a month after he did but it took about 3 weeks from the request until our case stated ready in algeria and now we've waited almost a month and no interview yet .. Inshallah Khair for everyone

Timeline

Hey has anyone heard how fast Oman is processing cases.. Some one I know, her husband canceled hercase here and went to Oman and started a new case and had his wife meet him in Oman and he got her thru the border and it prolly only took one week and she got her visa and just arrived 3 days ago .. Now a lot of ppl are considering Oman ..

Hey has anyone heard how fast Oman is processing cases.. Some one I know, her husband canceled hercase here and went to Oman and started a new case and had his wife meet him in Oman and he got her thru the border and it prolly only took one week and she got her visa and just arrived 3 days ago .. Now a lot of ppl are considering Oman ..

Timeline

This is the link to the dhl and the shippers reference thing for those who a wondering what bntelyemen is talking about but I honestly don't know what to fill in the blanks and how it works or how you did it sister

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.