AbuAmina

Immigrant Visa for Yemenis

535 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Thats what they want when they say the physical file; what you submitted to uscis. Ok so i got put on the list of transfers on june 28th. July 6th i received an email from iv yemen saying my case will be transferred. On july 27th my status changed to transfer in progress and on the 29th it changed to ready with ALG at the end. Now im just waiting to hear something. Yes he needs to give them a hotel name and address because some people were sent back for not having this information. Algerian people are some of the nicest people i met but they do have tempers especially when you make them feel stupid or when you dont understand what they say. Its happened to alot of my friends

Glad to hear u arrived safely there! Edited by Umnori

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

So I am kinda lost right now and any input would be greatly appreciated.

I sent an email to both Algeria and Malaysia asking if they would accept my husband's case for transfer.

Malaysia said he need to be physically there and let them know when he's there and I guess they will request to transfer his file then

Algeria just sent me an email accepting the transfer and said it will take several weeks for the file to be transferred

I am not sure what to do now. Should I have my husband travel to malayasia or just wait until file is in Algeria and have him go there?

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

This is the email I got from Algeria

the transfer request is processed at the National Visa Center to the arrival of the files in Algiers. The U.S. Embassy in Algiers will contact you when your case arrives to let you know the date of your visa interview.

The embassy recommends that you do not travel to Algeria until after they provide you with a visa interview appointment date. You should plan to be in Algeria for up to one month while your case is being processed at the embassy. The Consular Section cannot provide an estimate on the processing time for your case as each case is different

Timeline

This is the email I got from Algeria

the transfer request is processed at the National Visa Center to the arrival of the files in Algiers. The U.S. Embassy in Algiers will contact you when your case arrives to let you know the date of your visa interview.

The embassy recommends that you do not travel to Algeria until after they provide you with a visa interview appointment date. You should plan to be in Algeria for up to one month while your case is being processed at the embassy. The Consular Section cannot provide an estimate on the processing time for your case as each case is different

So what's happening now is they've accepted ur case and that's actully good now they'll go ahead and transfer one day you'll see transfer in progress when u check his case status ..: it's way better the Malaysia cuz he need to physically be there to actually accept the transfer and he would have to be there for 3 months .. So we've all got the email u got from them when saying they've accpeted our case and were in the several week wait for our interview dates .. So I wana know where is ur husband now is he still in Yemen ?! Cuz if he is take him out of there b4 he wouldn't be able to get out the country

Timeline

One more thing... Was ur case still at the NVC or was it at Cairo?! This is very important to know. Because if it was then hun ur gonna get the interview in around a week from after geting that email ... It's much easier for those whoes cases are still at the NVC compared to those who already had their case in Cairo ... If it was the the NVC then they will also change ur case number

Timeline

Inshallah soon it will be transferred, my husband has been in Djibouti for almost three months his case showed ready the 9 of August. But obviously it still takes time for physical files. I still feel it'll be a long process, October will mark 5 years of this exhausting process, I really can't wait for it to be over. Seems I got the short end of the stick, but alhamdulila ala kol Hal! I'm sure something great will come out of this inshallah.

Timeline

Hey guys has anyone heard that Egypt has opened up for Yemenis to go.. Or is it just me .. Like come on man where were you when we all had appointments and missed them cuz of them not letting us in .. It's sad wallah we had to transfer and now we're just siting next there waiting for an update everything has been delayed cus of them and now they want to open it .. I guess it's good for those whoes files are still there and are expecting appointments they don't have to go through all the trouble good luck to everyone who still has it in Cairo!! I guess this is good news to many

الله يسهل للجميع

Timeline

Inshallah and alhemdillah

i check my case status a few times a day cant wait till it changes to dji and ready

Yeah inshallah u get an interview date as soon as possible too! Egypt is taking forever to transfer physical cases my senator told me that. My husbands case has been showing ready in algeria on August 29 and now it's been almost 3 weeks and haven't heard a word from them so inshallah Khair

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.