hdbueg

how often do you verbally talk to your fiance?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Every evening, barring internet trouble or general life wotsits getting in the way. It used to be typing only until we got microphones sorted, and then there was no real reason to revert back. In the early days I figure it would be several times a day, but I honestly don't know how people sustain that. Different strokes.

There's that smell again...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I could only speak to my wife over the phone/Skype like once a week, mainly due to her crummy internet connection. We like tried every app, LINE, What'sApp, Viber, but could never really maintain a stable "voice" connection, except on Sundays, really odd. I theorized that it must have been because everyone in the Philippines was at Church so no one was using the internet, hahaha.

That said, I would have killed to hear my wife's voice more often, or see her smile in action. Texts can often lead to miscommunication/misunderstanding as they cannot inflect tone or demeanor. If your man is "too busy" to talk with you now, I cant imagine what he would be like in the future,

This is part of our problem. The terrible internet connection in Metro Manila's poorer sections of town. And, since I'm an OTR trucker, I get into areas of the US with either terrible or non-existent cell coverage (how I get online thru verizon). Couple that with my 24/7 type job, and I don't know one day to the next what time I'll be driving.

We've gotten to the point with her new residence and my new trucking company, that I'll ring her when I stop driving, unless it's the wrong time for her. Then either I will hang up or she will decline the call. Next, she walks to a place where she gets good enough coverage to use the fb messenger app and we can text each other. Sometimes, but rarely now, she'll vid call me from skype, but that disconnects on us too quickly. And sometimes she'll ask me to call her, but our hour-long conversations ring up expenses pretty quickly. Which is difficult since I'm sending her money every week and paying for her sister's Philippine college (they're one of the poorer families, I believe, but have cell phones that sometimes even get loads).

K-1 Application sent 2-16-16

Received at Dallas lockbox 2-18-16

NOA1, sent to California 2-23-16

NOA2 4-21-16

NVC shipped to Manila 5-12-16

Consulate received 5-16-16

US Embassy Interview -- APPROVED!!! 8-24-16 :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

Filed: Timeline

When I met first my girlfriend we used only to chat for the first 5 months, then she finally stopped to be shy and we started to make calls and then video calls; actually we chat during the day, and when we are both free (usually when in Europe is deep night and when in USA is evening) I call she and we spend 1 hour together more or less, it depends on how much I'm tired cause it's a huge sacrifice to be up till deep night every single day for 2 years.
We make video calls once per week when she can steal the computer to her mom for to have her high quality cam and to enjoy some intimate time together.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We scheduled a one hour session once per week on skype. Then we would talk on the phone several times per week since we both worked full time and she was a volunteer. We also sent emails every day.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

My fiancé is in the military and currently deployed at sea so we can't talk on the phone as much as we would like. He's able to make calls out on the ship sometimes but it doesn't happen often as the lines are always down. We are only able to talk regularly when he pulls into a port.

So we message each other everyday day via Facebook and email.

This is part of our problem. The terrible internet connection in Metro Manila's poorer sections of town. And, since I'm an OTR trucker, I get into areas of the US with either terrible or non-existent cell coverage (how I get online thru verizon). Couple that with my 24/7 type job, and I don't know one day to the next what time I'll be driving.

We've gotten to the point with her new residence and my new trucking company, that I'll ring her when I stop driving, unless it's the wrong time for her. Then either I will hang up or she will decline the call. Next, she walks to a place where she gets good enough coverage to use the fb messenger app and we can text each other. Sometimes, but rarely now, she'll vid call me from skype, but that disconnects on us too quickly. And sometimes she'll ask me to call her, but our hour-long conversations ring up expenses pretty quickly. Which is difficult since I'm sending her money every week and paying for her sister's Philippine college (they're one of the poorer families, I believe, but have cell phones that sometimes even get loads).

We have pretty good success with "we chat" app. Text, voice, video calls.

2013/05/03 Married

2013 CFO seminar to change name

2013 Passport issued in married name

USCIS

2015/06/27 Sent I-130

2015/06/29 Priority Date

2015/0701 NOA1

2015/08/05 NOA2

NVC

2015/08/17 Package received at NVC

2015/08/26 Received DS-261/AOS bill

2015/08/29 Sent AOS/IV

2015/08/31 AOS/IV scan date

2015/09/01 DS-260 submitted

2015/09/21 3 n/a (CC)

2015/09/28 Receive confirmation email of CC waiting interview date

2015/10/01 Interview date scheduled (P4)

Manila Embassy

2015/10/12 SLEC Medical, required to get doctor certificate and return the 30th.

2015/10/19 Went to hospital to get the doctors certificate for SLEC

2015/10/30 Appointment with doctor at SLEC for evaluation

2015/11/03 Completed medical

2015/11/05 Interview scheduled - APPROVED

2015/11/06 CEAC changed to issued

2015/11/11 Passport and visa delivered

2015/11/12 Passport stamped at CFO

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Since we are so far from each other and in totally diferent time zones (Brazil and Australia), we can only speak in the morning (his night) and at night (his morning). We talk for like 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours at night via facetime, and send messages while the other is sleeping :)

Our Journey (L)

8/20/2015 - I-129F packet sent
8/24/2015 - Packet received by the USCIS
8/26/2015 - Received NOA1 (Notice date)
9/04/2015 - Received NOA1 by mail
9/22/2015 - NOA2!!!

1/19/2016 - Interview! VISA APPROVED!

3/08/2016 - Entry in the USA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We call each other about 3 or 4 times a day. He is 6 hours behind so sometimes it gets difficult but he will call every morning when I am on my lunch break at work for an hour. Then we call and skype each other when I get home from work for about half an hour to an hour. Then he calls again on his break at work for half an hour. We also whatsapp throughout the day and email each other too every single day. We also send each other voice notes and videos whilst the other is sleeping! :luv:

Our Journey :goofy:

5/23/2015 - Met my love in the US of A

9/21/2015 - Sent off i-129f!

9/25/2015 - Received NOA1

10/27/2015 - Received NOA2!!!!! :dancing:

11/11/2015- Package received by NVC

11/12/2015- Got our case number

12/09/2015 - Medical

01/13/2016 - Interview & APPROVED! :) :dance:

5/17/2016 - Flight booked!!! The big move is finally here!

5/21/2016 - We got marrieddddddddd :wub:

Filing for Adjustment of Status

5/27/2016 - Applied for SSN and changed to married name - (still not received)

6/8/2016- Filed AoS (I-765, I -131, I 485)

6/13/2016 - AoS Received

6/25/2016- NoA

9/20/2016 - EAD & Advanced parole card received!

10/2/2016 - Green card received!!!! :star:

Removal of Conditions

9/21/2018 - Filed package to Texas via USPS priority mail

9/24/2018- Package delivered confirmed

10/19/2018 - i-551 stamp at infopass appointment

10/26/2018 - 18 month extension receipt notice received

zzflag017.gif united-states-flag.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

We try and get video time in everyday and we are successful most of the time. Sometimes work gets in the way but we make up for it on the weekend.

We use line and skype text chat all the time.

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2016-07-14

NOA Date : 2016-07-23

Bio. Appt. : 2016-08-08

Interview Date : 2016-10-25

Approval / Denial Date : 2016-10-25 APPROVED

Green card Received: 2016-11-02

Employment Authorization Document

Approved Date : 2016-09-19

(F) Every love story is beautiful but ours is my favourite (F)

we have a big time difference so day here def chat only. Night sometimes. I'm not a huge phone person never have been so its random when we have long FT Calls.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

We try and get video time in everyday and we are successful most of the time. Sometimes work gets in the way but we make up for it on the weekend.

We use line and skype text chat all the time.

I forgot normal voice calls which is constant too. Basically i would never go a week without seeing or talking to my fiance. That is unheard off,and i have no idea how people do that.

Adjustment of Status

NOA Date : 2016-07-23

Bio. Appt. : 2016-08-08

Interview Date : 2016-10-25

Approval / Denial Date : 2016-10-25 APPROVED

Green card Received: 2016-11-02

Employment Authorization Document

Approved Date : 2016-09-19

(F) Every love story is beautiful but ours is my favourite (F)