VOL

Trumps leads grow in Polls

47 posts in this topic

Does saying I love the act of him giving the establishment the finger, but not what he says, make sense.

I think I lot of people feel that way.

His 15 mins will be over soon

Yup I agree.

Do people consider towel head and wet back offensive. ?

I'd wager someone who wears a turban or a person of Hispanic origins would.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'd wager someone who wears a turban or a person of Hispanic origins would.

My wife is from Hispanic origins in Philippines, She would have zero clue what wetback meant.

I only think wetback would offend an illegal immigrant, not a person who came to USA legally

My wife is from Hispanic origins in Philippines, She would have zero clue what wetback meant.

I only think wetback would offend an illegal immigrant, not a person who came to USA legally

Try asking her. She might surprise you.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Try asking her. She might surprise you.

I'm a natural born US citizen. If someone called me a wetback, or any of my Hispanic relatives a wetback, or any of my Hispanic friends -- regardless of their immigration status -- a wetback, I would consider that person a bigot, and beneath my contempt.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

And what, pray tell, must one do to be worthy of your contempt?

Be a really big fan of Rush.

Edit to add: Except those friends of mine who are really big Rush fans, because I love them in spite of their infirmity.

Edited by Killary

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

I'm a natural born US citizen. If someone called me a wetback, or any of my Hispanic relatives a wetback, or any of my Hispanic friends -- regardless of their immigration status -- a wetback, I would consider that person a bigot, and beneath my contempt.

As well they should be.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

As well they should be.

USA had Operation Wetback

It was to remove illegals from USA

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wetback

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's a derogatory slur for people south of the border. Like calling an Asian person a slope.

Timeline

It's a derogatory slur for people south of the border. Like calling an Asian person a slope.

If a person lets a derogatory slur bother them or piss them off, then they have no skin and are pretty much a cry baby and have no spine.

I have been called all kinds of derogatory names (Honky, Cracker, Redneck, Hillbilly) and it never bothered me, I just laughed it off.

Everybody in the USA get too butthurt now of days.........

Naa wet back is going to offend most if not all Hispanics . Someone from the PI with Spanish blood is no more Hispanic than I am German because I have Salzburger roots

[quote name="VOL" post="7764511"

I have been called all kinds of derogatory names (Honky, Cracker, Redneck, Hillbilly) and it never bothered me, I just laughed it off.

And that's just in here by the tolerant liberals.

Lol that was 1954. We use to say cullerd back then also and have restaurants named Sambos

And what, pray tell, must one do to be worthy of your contempt?

So if it was beneath her contempt level that means it would be ok .

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If a person lets a derogatory slur bother them or piss them off, then they have no skin and are pretty much a cry baby and have no spine.

Everybody in the USA get too butthurt now of days.........

When the government uses those slurs to describe people and conceives policy that reflects those prejudices, you might feel different if you are the target of it.

Timeline

I heard a new term last year, it was Pepper Bellies.

I got a good laugh from that....