17 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Greeting everyone.

I am back again with a question/doubt to ponder you lovely people. Please put your precious views regarding the following situation.

I filed I 130 for my spouse and kid, Spouse's I 130 accept with PD 23 July with a receipt number.

The kids i 130 was rejected and sent back to me in mail, reason for rejection was I enclosed only Check of only $420 instead of $840 for both the beneficiaries.

I sent them back the form the same day i got it in mail along with the appropriate fees.

Check debited from account 4 days ago, didn't receive any email or sms regarding the kids I 130 being accepted,

checked it online on MyUSCIS case status had not changed, it say the Case was rejected because of so and so reason.

So my question or doubt is... now that they have debited the check I sent will they treat both the petitions as one case or two different petitions 2 different cases with different priority dates?

What should I do? When do you guys think that I should call the USCIS and tell them my situation.?

I misread your post, i apologize, they are two separate cases.

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Other Timeline

You ll know about your pd when you ll receive NOA 1 and yes it ll be 2 cases because you paid for 2 petitions. I personally have 3 cases but on the same pd.

Pd 24 july 2014

Case complete 12/08/2015

Interview date ##

Medical app. Date feb. 1st 2016

Visa in hand ???

POE ???

The title is very misleading.

Kid's I-130 was not rejected. It was returned due to incomplete documentation on the part of the applicant.

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Timeline

I misread your post, i apologize, they are two separate cases.

No problem.. thanks for the input

Hi,

It's two separate I-130s, so it's two separate cases. It will never be one case.

You can have the two cases dealt with together at the NVC and U.S. Embassy.

Best of luck

Thanks Aaron 2020, hope they will give me the PD same as that of my wife's.

You ll know about your pd when you ll receive NOA 1 and yes it ll be 2 cases because you paid for 2 petitions. I personally have 3 cases but on the same pd.

Thanks Lera66, waiting for the snail mail, the USCIS website didnt change their message yet.. it still says that the case was rejected for so and so reason.

The title is very misleading.

Kid's I-130 was not rejected. It was returned due to incomplete documentation on the part of the applicant.

I apologize for the title, It says

Case Rejected Because I Sent An Incorrect Fee

On July 28, 2015, we rejected your Form I-130, Immigrant Petition for Relative, Fiance(E), or Orphan, Receipt Number WAC159049****, because you sent us the incorrect fee. We mailed your case back to you, including any supporting materials and the incorrect payment. Please follow the instructions to resubmit your case. If you do not receive your rejected case by August 27, 2015, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283.

So thought of putting the title as Case Rejected. :)

Timeline

And guys whats up with the Immigration timeline on VJ? First of all Lemme ask you guys should I follow the timeline for I-130 for IR1/CR1? because I applied for F2A category..

How accurate is the timeline because last night when I checked it, it showed the date as 19th June 2015 at CSC and today it is showing 12th June 2015. Is it retrogressing or what?

Really pray to the almight that I get NOA-2 soon with approval...

Thanks

regards.

Timeline

Guys an update on my son's I 130, received the snail mail today, application accepted but the PD is August 4th 2015. Spouse's PD is July 23rd 2015. I guess at the time of NVC processing I can merge them into a single case.

And no one replied on the USCIS Timeline.. is it reliable? Should I be following it, because mine is F2A category not IR-1/CR-1.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The processing time for F2A, from i130 to visa issuance, is more or less 2 years. While for IR1/CR1 it's more or less a year.

Since F2A and other family based categories are dependent on priority dates, your wife's and son's case will most likely be separated, meaning won't be interviewed at the same time. Depending on the movement of the visa bulletin.

Timeline

In the event wife's visa is already issued, she can delay her move until child's visa is issued as well.

Their priority dates are not that far away from each other so just treat it as a minor inconvenience.

Timeline

In the event wife's visa is already issued, she can delay her move until child's visa is issued as well.

Their priority dates are not that far away from each other so just treat it as a minor inconvenience.

Thank you apple21... I was in an impression that I-130 approval time for either F2A or IR-1 would remain the same that is till NOA2, at the NVC they separate IR and F2A... What you say is I 130 for F2A and IR/CR are sorted out at USCIS level... hmm interesting...

Well regarding the child I 130, he would be a derivate of the principal beneficiary my spouse isn't it.. I know it not much of a difference in the PD.. ( Only 15 days apart )... but that has an impact at the time of interview... if the Interview dates are different for both of them.. its a pain to go to embassy twice which is far off from my hometown.. any ways lets see what NVC does in this regards... will keep the updates posted.

Thank you for spending your valuable time to reply.

Timeline

F2A and IR1/CR1 are two separate visa categories. The steps are almost identical but the waiting times are different.

Your child is an automatic derivative of your wife's i130 since you filed as an LPR/Green Card Holder. You didn't need to file a separate i130 for the kid. But since you already did, just process the kid's i130 as is so the payment won't be for nothing.

Regarding the interview, maybe you can postpone wife's interview until the child's case catches up. It's too early to say at this point.

Once the cases get to the NVC you can wait to do your wife's stuff until the child's has arrived and join them together. If you do this then they can interview together as well. It happens frequently with IR1 cases but as apple as noted, you did n't need to file the I-130 for the child unless you were applying for citizenship soon.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

The kid could have come on the mom's petition. You havent applied for anything. You've petitioned for your wife and child. Because you are a green card holder, not a USC, you only needed to send one petition to cover BOTH people. When you got to the NVC stage you would have sent one I-864 and paid two IV fees and they would send two IV applications (DS-260.) Essentially you paid an extra $420 for a petition you didnt need. (I wrote it in my first post then edited it when I realized what you had already done. You can't undo it now, the money is gone.)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.