I-485 Ready to Be Scheduled For Interview - DALLAS Wait times

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Finally got our interview date :)

Here was our timeline

November 2nd - Application processing started

August 11th - Received interview appointment notice

Sept 13th - Interview is scheduled for Sept 13th.

Does anyone know if my wife needs to apply for a namechange or get a social security card before going to this meeting? She is pregnant and won't be working so we don't really need authorization to work. I just don't want to get there and not have all my documents.

You need an EAD to get an SSN... A name change I don't know how Texas laws work but I know here in Virginia it can take weeks to get an official name change through the courts but technically Aslong as you have the marriage certificate most places will will do a name change on any shared account you have... It's also not a requirement to do a name change it doesn't prove the marriage is anymore legit than if 1 was to keep there maiden name... In today's times more female are keeping there maiden name and Uscis can't hold judgement of a name change hasn't happened so don't worry too much about the name change... Just take with you ALL documents that have both your names on it like medical or utility bills, insurance's like life or medical, shared financiers... Aslong as her name is on it that's all they want to see it doesn't matter if a name change has happened or not Edited by Moslund

April 8th: AOS sent

April 11th: Recieved at Chicago lockbox [Day 0]

April 25th: NOA1 date (never recieved e-notifications) [Day 14]

April 29th: NOA1 hard copy recieved in the mail [Day 18]

May 9th: "Fingerprint fee recieved" [Day 28]

May 12th: Reciept number's start working on USCIS case status website [Day 31]

May 20th: Biometrics letter recieved [Day 39]

June 1st: Biometric appointment [Day 51]

​November 12th: Interview letter received ​[Day 216]

December 1st: Interview day! APPROVED [Day 235]

December 5th: Case status changed from "fingerprint fee received" to "Approved" post dated Dec 1st [Day 239]

Received approval letter in the mail for Green card [Day 239]

December 6th: "Card was mailed to me" [Day 240]

December 8th: Green card received in mail!!! [day 242]

• 1 month later...

Here is my timeline - Dallas Field Office

Adjust of status based on us citizen marriage:

I might be off a day or so on the dates that I provide but at least you have a picture of Dallas field office processing time. Just make sure when ever you receive a letter from uscis, you reply quick so you save time.

09/23/15: mailed package

09/30/15 : priority date (letter from uscis stated that the received my package)

10/10/15: letter for biometric finger print recieve do

10/24/15: biometric was done

11/01/15: letter received requesting a I-864 sponsor

11/15/15: mailed I-864 and was received by uscis in 3 days

12/15/15: letter from uscis requesting more evidences for I-864 (bank statements and others)

12/27/15: mailed I-864 evidences to

01/22/2016: case is ready for scheduling, will schedule your interview and mail you a notice

Waiting 8 months

8/15/2016: received a letter saying they schedule my interview

09/16/2016:interview completed and approved .. they asked me to send them some evidences and then I will received my GC so I sent them and now waiting for green card.

In total exactly a year from the date that I mailed my package to the date my case was approved

(09/23/2015-09/16/2016)

I know it took some people in Dallas more than two years just because they are so slow and they reply so slow to uscis! So be ready and organized and mail them what they ask for quick.

Good Luck

• 4 weeks later...

Here is my timeline - Dallas Field Office

Adjust of status based on us citizen marriage:

I might be off a day or so on the dates that I provide but at least you have a picture of Dallas field office processing time. Just make sure when ever you receive a letter from uscis, you reply quick so you save time.

09/23/15: mailed package

09/30/15 : priority date (letter from uscis stated that the received my package)

10/10/15: letter for biometric finger print recieve do

10/24/15: biometric was done

11/01/15: letter received requesting a I-864 sponsor

11/15/15: mailed I-864 and was received by uscis in 3 days

12/15/15: letter from uscis requesting more evidences for I-864 (bank statements and others)

12/27/15: mailed I-864 evidences to

01/22/2016: case is ready for scheduling, will schedule your interview and mail you a notice

Waiting 8 months

8/15/2016: received a letter saying they schedule my interview

09/16/2016:interview completed and approved .. they asked me to send them some evidences and then I will received my GC so I sent them and now waiting for green card.

In total exactly a year from the date that I mailed my package to the date my case was approved

(09/23/2015-09/16/2016)

I know it took some people in Dallas more than two years just because they are so slow and they reply so slow to uscis! So be ready and organized and mail them what they ask for quick.

Good Luck

What evidence did they ask to send after the interview?

07.2012: First met my future husband
01.08.2012: Started dating
04.22.2014: Marriage

02.12.2016: Sent AOS/EAD package

02.16.2016: Priority date on NOA1

02.22.2016: NOA1 Texts/emails received

02.26.2016: hard copies of NOA1 in the mail

03.07.2016 walk-in Biometrics (scheduled for 3/15/2016)

03.21.2016 RFE for I-485

05.19.2016 Second RFE for I-485

07.15.2016 EAD approval notice

MYE7m6.png

305fm6.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Final Green Card Received. See dates below:

Here was our timeline

November 2nd - Application processing started

August 11th - Received interview appointment notice

Sept 13th - Interview is scheduled for Sept 13th.

September 16th - Received notification of approval in mail.

September 20th - Received Green Card in mail :)

• 5 months later...

"As of February 15, 2017, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice"

Do anyone here know my case's processing time?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Could take awhile you just have to be patient .

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

• 2 months later...
Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Has anyone filed in October - December 2016 and recently got interview notice ?

I know Dallas has real bad backlog but just wanted to see how much more I need to wait, my I485 was filed in Dec, 2016.

Thank you a bunch!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.