liampot

medical and visa validity

19 posts in this topic

My wife is under administrative processing for 4 months now. Her medical will expire next month september 23. I booked my flight going there to visit her and my son. I took vacation and i was allowed to have it only for next month. Sept 20 is my arrival. My question is ..if her visa will be issued..lets say this month or early next month...does it mean the visa validity is until September 23 only and she need to go to US?

we were thinking of withdrawing her passport so anytime the cinsule called for her to bring the passport back she can just redo her medical so she can extend the validity. But as i am reading someone said the 6 month period of the medical is for interview..applicant must have her interview before the medical reach 6 month period and once issued the 6 month doesnt count. It depends on the visa validity and its not really tied up with medical validity. Please enlighten me before mu wife will travel going to manila.thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The visa is only good from 6 months of the date of the medical. Many have had to redo the medical because they won't issue the visa if the medical is not good.

This is all wrong...... "But as i am reading someone said the 6 month period of the medical is for interview..applicant must have her interview before the medical reach 6 month period and once issued the 6 month doesnt count. It depends on the visa validity and its not really tied up with medical validity"

My fiance had her medical June 8, interview June 18th. Her visa issued date is July 10th but it expire Dec 8

Edited by Shauneg

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The medical is only valid for 6 months. Regardless of the interview date, the visa will expire same time as the medical.

Ex: Jan 1, 2015 is the medical. Interview March 1, 2015. Visa expiry will be July 1, 2015.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

i got my medical last feb. 23,2015 i was interviewd march 3,2015 due to lack of documents i got 221 the affidavit of support with original signature from the petetioner and nbi explanation letter. I got the referall letter from the usem that i have to go to nbi .. that was march 18,2015. after i comply all the documents that they required. then I saw my status update was march 31,2015. i am in aministrative processing until now. it is more than 4 months already my status did not change at ceac. i am worried my medical it will be expire this aug.23. i dont know what am going to do.

anybody can help me????

Timeline

My wife is under administrative processing for 4 months now. Her medical will expire next month september 23. I booked my flight going there to visit her and my son. I took vacation and i was allowed to have it only for next month. Sept 20 is my arrival. My question is ..if her visa will be issued..lets say this month or early next month...does it mean the visa validity is until September 23 only and she need to go to US?

we were thinking of withdrawing her passport so anytime the cinsule called for her to bring the passport back she can just redo her medical so she can extend the validity. But as i am reading someone said the 6 month period of the medical is for interview..applicant must have her interview before the medical reach 6 month period and once issued the 6 month doesnt count. It depends on the visa validity and its not really tied up with medical validity. Please enlighten me before mu wife will travel going to manila.thank you

Visa validity IS tied to the date of the medical (6 months max). I would not withdraw the passport until it is absolutely necessary.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Visa validity IS tied to the date of the medical (6 months max). I would not withdraw the passport until it is absolutely necessary.

I am thinking if she will not withdraw her visa and issued then she needs to go to US September 23. My arrival date in manila will be on sept 20. I am ok to just redo the medical in case they will call to send back her medical so another 6 months before it expires. Im planning to stay until oct 5. Do you think if visa will be issued on september they will not give some adjustment to the visa validity?

Timeline

I am thinking if she will not withdraw her visa and issued then she needs to go to US September 23. My arrival date in manila will be on sept 20. I am ok to just redo the medical in case they will call to send back her medical so another 6 months before it expires. Im planning to stay until oct 5. Do you think if visa will be issued on september they will not give some adjustment to the visa validity?

Sne has to be on U.S. by Sept. 23rd. As for the question......they will not. U.S. immigration law dictates that immigrants must have valid medical before entering the U.S. A K-1 is considered immigrant for this purpose.

Timeline

Nope they will not adjust the validity without a new medical. Be prepared to suddenly fly out

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

So best thing to do is to withdraw then if they call to send it back i will let her do medical again then send it together ...passport and new medical.

Well my wife withdraw her passport today...guess what? Her medical which is her 221g was never been reviewed by anyone. The nice lady told her if she is sure she wants to withdraw her passport because she can do something and it will be issued anytime. My wife took it anyway because it will expire on sept 23. The lady gave her a paper and a pen and she was asked to make a request letter. She requested to allow her to redo her medical even if yhe old medical was still not yet expired so they can process the visa and if possible to issue it on September so we will leave philippines together on october.

Ill update everyone

Well my wife withdraw her passport today...guess what? Her medical which is her 221g was never been reviewed by anyone. The nice lady told her if she is sure she wants to withdraw her passport because she can do something and it will be issued anytime. My wife took it anyway because it will expire on sept 23. The lady gave her a paper and a pen and she was asked to make a request letter. She requested to allow her to redo her medical even if yhe old medical was still not yet expired so they can process the visa and if possible to issue it on September so we will leave philippines together on october.

Ill update everyone

Timeline

Ill update everyone

Ill update everyone

That's a bummer, they should have reviewed it right there.....

That's a bummer, they should have reviewed it right there.....

Actually yes the nice lady told they can do something right away and can issue the visa anytime..but we dont need a visa that will expire on sept 23 because i already booked our one week vacation in palawan and another week in Manila. So my wife just need a letter from them that she can do an advance medical at st lukes so we can enjoy each other before leaving philippines. What we need is to ectend the visa validity.

Timeline

Actually yes the nice lady told they can do something right away and can issue the visa anytime..but we dont need a visa that will expire on sept 23 because i already booked our one week vacation in palawan and another week in Manila. So my wife just need a letter from them that she can do an advance medical at st lukes so we can enjoy each other before leaving philippines. What we need is to ectend the visa validity.

Oh that's what you meant. I thought she was warning you that anyday now it could happen. I think it's wise what you're doing and can spend a little vacation there before she comes and won't feel rushed at the last second when it's issued.

Oh that's what you meant. I thought she was warning you that anyday now it could happen. I think it's wise what you're doing and can spend a little vacation there before she comes and won't feel rushed at the last second when it's issued.

Yeah thanks. Quick question to you and Hank

My wife did the Personal Evaluation when she did the Medical last April..reason is she jad a previous marriage annulled. So do you think she will undergo that again?

Timeline

Yeah thanks. Quick question to you and Hank

My wife did the Personal Evaluation when she did the Medical last April..reason is she jad a previous marriage annulled. So do you think she will undergo that again?

I honestly don't know and don't want to steer you either way.....I'll leave that for someone else.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.