MaGi14

Havana, Cuba Interest Section Administrative Processing

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi MaGi:

Any news?... Have you received answer from the President? I'm planning on writing to the white House.
Cases like this should be a topic on Marco Rubio's campaign. We have done everything the correct and legal way however we are being penalized with this absurd waiting. Have you received any answer from his office? in the other hand more than 8000 Cubans entering illegal with no background checks!... I'm not hating (a quien dios se lo dio... good for them) but this waiting it's just so depressing...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi MaGi:

Any news?... Have you received answer from the President? I'm planning on writing to the white House.
Cases like this should be a topic on Marco Rubio's campaign. We have done everything the correct and legal way however we are being penalized with this absurd waiting. Have you received any answer from his office? in the other hand more than 8000 Cubans entering illegal with no background checks!... I'm not hating (a quien dios se lo dio... good for them) but this waiting it's just so depressing...

Hello,

No answer from the President, Vice President or Congressman. I e-mailed my congressman again =(. Marco Rubio sent me a release of information yesterday to be signed in order for his office to check with the Federal Agency. I feel the same way about the 8000 people that will be entering US. I am really happy that they had this opportunity, and that their journey will end soon, but at the same time I am sad because we have been waiting so long with no answer. We went thru the legal way thinking that it was going to be as fast or faster than any other way =(. It breaks my heart to see my daughter get a picture of her dad and kiss the picture and start looking behind the frame to see if he is there. I am so tired of this ordeal. It should not be this hard for a family to be together. Today is not a good day for me, I am so sick of checking the case daily with no change on the status, been ignore by the people that I am e-mailing in reference to the case, and receiving the same generic e-mail from the Embassy week after week. ='(

Timeline
omg!.. it brakes my heart picturing your little one doing that to her dad's picture. The office of Marco Rubio is in Doral, If you are coming to Miami maybe you should pass by and talk to some one in person, also you can request a personal interview with your congressman. not sure if this might help and push a little.

stay strong, stay encouraged, Hopefully they will call him soon from the embassy requesting the new medical and police records. The longer cases of waiting I've seen on other post are from countries like Pakistan and north Africa. unfortunately we don't have a comparison point with Cuba.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi MaGi:

Any luck with the letter to the president?

I ask my congressman Carlos Curbelo to do another inquiry (they have done 3 already) and they got the same answer " Still in AP they need to wait" :clock::(

Timeline

Hi MaGi:

I ask my congressman Carlos Curbelo to do another inquiry (they have done 3 already) and they got the same answer " Still in AP they need to wait" :clock::(

Este viernes a las 2:00 p.m. nuestro Cónsul, Sr. Brendan Mullarkey, estará en línea para aclarar todas tus dudas sobre visas. Es muy sencillo participar: escribe tus preguntas como comentarios de este post. Puedes hacerlo desde ahora y te responderemos el viernes. Por favor, NO incluya en su comentario sus datos personales (fecha de nacimiento, número de caso, etc.) Recuerde que no podemos comentar sobre casos específicos. Si tiene preguntas sobre su caso, puede escribirnos a havanaconsularinfo@state.gov

I wrote my inquiry and question to the consul on facebook "Embajada de Estados Unidos en Cuba"

Timeline

Hi MaGi:

Nope =(. No reply from the president or vice president. I am getting so desperate, I do not know who else to contact that will help me. Let's see if we something out of the consul =(.

Timeline

Este viernes a las 2:00 p.m. nuestro Cónsul, Sr. Brendan Mullarkey, estará en línea para aclarar todas tus dudas sobre visas. Es muy sencillo participar: escribe tus preguntas como comentarios de este post. Puedes hacerlo desde ahora y te responderemos el viernes. Por favor, NO incluya en su comentario sus datos personales (fecha de nacimiento, número de caso, etc.) Recuerde que no podemos comentar sobre casos específicos. Si tiene preguntas sobre su caso, puede escribirnos a havanaconsularinfo@state.gov

I wrote my inquiry and question to the consul on facebook "Embajada de Estados Unidos en Cuba"

Tha's good! pero tienes que repetirle la pregunta a partir de las 2 cuando este live. Yo lo he hecho con el department of state, consular affairs. pero no contestan en referencia a AP solo info about Visas.

good Luck!!

Timeline

Nope =(. No reply from the president or vice president. I am getting so desperate, I do not know who else to contact that will help me. Let's see if we something out of the consul =(.

Have you think in contacting the Media??... even Donald Trump will make a big topic of this regarding "Legal Immigration"... don't know,,, I'm just thinking out loud. I'm desperate too.

Timeline

Have you think in contacting the Media??... even Donald Trump will make a big topic of this regarding "Legal Immigration"... don't know,,, I'm just thinking out loud. I'm desperate too.Y

I thought of that too
I thought of that too
I thought of that too

I have thought of that, but since I have had no luck contacting the entities related to the issue, I am not sure what impact I would have with the media =(. I have been looking to contact Primer Impacto or Univision, but I am not sure, if they would care about it =(.

Timeline
I thought of that too
I thought of that too
I thought of that too

I have thought of that, but since I have had no luck contacting the entities related to the issue, I am not sure what impact I would have with the media =(. I have been looking to contact Primer Impacto or Univision, but I am not sure, if they would care about it =(.

Give it a try... My case is different because I'm dealing with the consulate of Montreal and they will not care for a latin TV station. and American TV Don't care about an immigrant case.

Timeline

I am about to start crying, I am so tired of been ignored. I posted my question, and all the questions before and after mine were answered. Mine was completely ignored, and the chat is over. This is going to drive me crazy, I am sooooooooo angry, sad, so many mixed feelings. :ranting::angry::(:unsure::wacko::blush::dead::mellow:

• 2 years later...

hi guys 
I wanna claim an asylum in USA but the problem is how to get there.

Is it possible to get Usa from cuba?

I have an idea and I want to ask some questions here
Florida(Key west)-Cuba(Havana) ferry service is going to be open soon. me and my friend can go to Havana legally as tourists and then get to key west from there .
but there is a high chance that Florida keys coast guard find us when we are in us waters.
normally when someone reaches us soils can claim for an asylum. I want to know how much exactly should we go in to us soils to have the rights to claim for an asylum. 
for example if Florida keys coast guard gets us do we have the right to ask them to get us to the nearest USCIS office or they will arrest us and then deport us back to Cuba. 
anyway I want to know what will happens exactly and what are the laws around this.hope someone know anything about this here 

• 5 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.