MaGi14

Havana, Cuba Interest Section Administrative Processing

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hello,

Let me start by saying that we are desperate waiting for the administrative processing to be done. I will make my long story short. We got married February 14, 2014. I submitted the I-130 March 18, 2014. I am the petitioner (US citizen) for my husband who is in Cuba. I got pregnant during our honeymoon and our baby girl was born December 2, 2014. His interview at Havana Interest Section was March 5, 2015. During the interview he presented pictures, our baby's birth certificate, but they requested additinal information to proof our relationship. He went back March 9, 2015 with a file with all our phone calls, e-mails, letters, text messages and more pictures. The case has been in administrative processing ever since. It has been 5 months since the interview. I call and e-mail the Interest Section weekly and I get the same automaed reply, about the administrative processing. Our baby girl is growing fast and he has not been able to be with her. I'm at the breaking point. Please any information, advise or similar experience is greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance for your time.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

So sorry that you're going through this. Have you tried reaching out to your local senator to see if they can inquire on your behalf? When we were going through the process - I remember people asking their senators for help during this stage. So it may be worth a try. It seems like after 5 months they should know the outcome of your case - no reason to make you wait!

Edited by lorella

K1 Visa

Texas Service Center

12.23.2013 I-129F Sent

01.02.2014 I-129F NOA1

07.07.2014 I-129F NOA2

09.24.2014 Interview

11.13.2014 Visa Issued

11.20.2014 POE Miami, Florida

11.23.2014 Civil Ceremony

AOS

01.12.2015 AOS package sent

01.16.2015 NOA1 (I-485, I-765, I-131)

02.06.2015 Case status change - RFE (I-485)

02.12.2015 Biometrics Appt

02.12.2015 Received I-485 RFE letter and sent requested info back to NBC

02.18.2015 Case status change - I-485 RFE information received by NBC

03.09.2015 EAD/AP Approved

03.16.2015 EAD/AP Card mailed

03.18.2015 EAD/AP Card Received

06.15.2015 I-485 Interview Waiver Letter received (dated 6.11.2015)

08.28.2015 I-485 Approved - Card in Production email received

Timeline

I am so sorry for your struggles! Has your husband visited the embassy to see what the hold up is? When they put you in administrative processing did they give you a 221g and ask for more information? If you don't find out something soon, I would definitely contact your senator.

Timeline

Thank you so much for your reply. I contacted my senator, let's wait and see what the outcome will be. We are desperate, and everyday that passes it gets worst. Thanks again.

Timeline

I am so sorry for your struggles! Has your husband visited the embassy to see what the hold up is? When they put you in administrative processing did they give you a 221g and ask for more information? If you don't find out something soon, I would definitely contact your senator.

:( yes he went to the embassy and the reply was the same "Thank you for contacting the Embassy of the United States of America in Havana, Cuba. We regret to inform you that Mr. Gilberto Garcias case is still pending completion of the administrative process. We realize that these extended time periods cause frustration to many individuals. However, there is no set time period for this process to be completed. For individual cases, the time needed for adjudication is different, as each case is unique and the U.S. Embassy must adjudicate visas in accordance with the provisions of the law, and, in some cases, this involves extensive administrative processing. As soon as the processing of the application has been completed, we will contact the applicant for further instructions. "

We also call and send e-mails in a biweekly basis. When he went to the interview they gave him a 221g. He provided the additional information on March 9. I contacted the senator this week. I am at the breaking point :(. Thank you for replying this means a lot.

Timeline

:( yes he went to the embassy and the reply was the same "Thank you for contacting the Embassy of the United States of America in Havana, Cuba. We regret to inform you that Mr. Gilberto Garcias case is still pending completion of the administrative process. We realize that these extended time periods cause frustration to many individuals. However, there is no set time period for this process to be completed. For individual cases, the time needed for adjudication is different, as each case is unique and the U.S. Embassy must adjudicate visas in accordance with the provisions of the law, and, in some cases, this involves extensive administrative processing. As soon as the processing of the application has been completed, we will contact the applicant for further instructions. "

We also call and send e-mails in a biweekly basis. When he went to the interview they gave him a 221g. He provided the additional information on March 9. I contacted the senator this week. I am at the breaking point :(. Thank you for replying this means a lot.

When he submitted the information requested on the 221g did they give him any other document? What did they tell him after he presented the information? Is there any way you will be in Cuba and can go visit the embassy your self in the near future? How many times has he visited the embassy and asked them personally what the hold up is? I know a lot of people don't live in Havana so it isn't easy to go visit the embassy. I will keep you and your husband in my prayers. I know it is a nightmare this waiting! I would say if it is at all possible, he should go visit the embassy weekly asking them what the problem is until he gets his approval. I know online when you check his case status the date will change every time they touch his file. That is one way of at least knowing they are touching his file. Did they take his passport?

Timeline

When he submitted the information requested on the 221g did they give him any other document? What did they tell him after he presented the information? Is there any way you will be in Cuba and can go visit the embassy your self in the near future? How many times has he visited the embassy and asked them personally what the hold up is? I know a lot of people don't live in Havana so it isn't easy to go visit the embassy. I will keep you and your husband in my prayers. I know it is a nightmare this waiting! I would say if it is at all possible, he should go visit the embassy weekly asking them what the problem is until he gets his approval. I know online when you check his case status the date will change every time they touch his file. That is one way of at least knowing they are touching his file. Did they take his passport?

When he submitted the 221g they did not give him any other document, they just told him to come back in 2 weeks to pick up the visa. They kept his passport. He went back and they told him about the administrative processing. I went to Cuba, and called the embassy to go there, and they told me that they can not discuss any case information, that I can go for passport services and other services, but that no case information would be discuss. He went 4 times and they told him the same thing about the administrative processing. We call and e-mail the embassy weekly. They only check the case when we e-mail them. Thank you I need all the support and prayers. I am at the point that I am thinking to go to Cuba until the process is completed, it is so hard to think that our baby is 8 months and they have only been together 1 month =(. Thank you so much for your support

Timeline

When he submitted the 221g they did not give him any other document, they just told him to come back in 2 weeks to pick up the visa. They kept his passport. He went back and they told him about the administrative processing. I went to Cuba, and called the embassy to go there, and they told me that they can not discuss any case information, that I can go for passport services and other services, but that no case information would be discuss. He went 4 times and they told him the same thing about the administrative processing. We call and e-mail the embassy weekly. They only check the case when we e-mail them. Thank you I need all the support and prayers. I am at the point that I am thinking to go to Cuba until the process is completed, it is so hard to think that our baby is 8 months and they have only been together 1 month =(. Thank you so much for your support

I am so sorry you have been having so much difficulties with this. I am sure that it is extremely stressful especially when you have a little one that is missing out on seeing daddy. I understand what you mean about wanting to go stay there until the process is complete. When I filed my husband's CR1 I went to Cuba and stayed there for a little over a month to try to help pass the time and so the wait wouldn't seem so long. If it is possible for you to leave and stay with him until the process is complete, maybe that would be a good idea. Good luck! I hope you get your hubby here soon!

• 2 months later...
Filed: Timeline

Hello,

My mother is going thru the same situation, she has been under administrative processing since July 2015. I don't know how long should I wait for the visa to be issue without doing anything else. Is your case still under Administrative Processing? Can you please update about the case status. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hello,

My mother is going thru the same situation, she has been under administrative processing since July 2015. I don't know how long should I wait for the visa to be issue without doing anything else. Is your case still under Administrative Processing? Can you please update about the case status. Thanks!

Hello,

I apologize for the late reply, but I just spent 3 months in Cuba waiting for the case to be solved. My husband's case still in Administrative Processing. I have been calling and e-mailing the embassy weekly with the same reply week after week. I contacted the senator, and even e-mailed Obama, but no luck yet =(. My husband had his interview March 5, 2015 and provided additional evidence on March 9, 2015. The case has not change since. I hope your mother does not have to wait this long. Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi MaGi:

I'm so sorry you are going thru all this waiting. i know how it feels because my husband has been waiting also on AP for 7 months in Canada. He is canadian citizen but was born in Cuba.

Here is some info I found about AP. unfortunately there's nothing to do about it but wait.

https://www.quora.com/What-happens-behind-the-scenes-when-you-apply-for-a-U-S-visa-such-as-B1-B2-J1-or-H1B-stamp-in-a-U-S-consulate

Timeline

Thank you so much for the information. Please keep me updated on your case. Thanks again

Hi MaGi:

I'm so sorry you are going thru all this waiting. i know how it feels because my husband has been waiting also on AP for 7 months in Canada. He is canadian citizen but was born in Cuba.

Here is some info I found about AP. unfortunately there's nothing to do about it but wait.

https://www.quora.com/What-happens-behind-the-scenes-when-you-apply-for-a-U-S-visa-such-as-B1-B2-J1-or-H1B-stamp-in-a-U-S-consulate

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello,

Let me start by saying that we are desperate waiting for the administrative processing to be done. I will make my long story short. We got married February 14, 2014. I submitted the I-130 March 18, 2014. I am the petitioner (US citizen) for my husband who is in Cuba. I got pregnant during our honeymoon and our baby girl was born December 2, 2014. His interview at Havana Interest Section was March 5, 2015. During the interview he presented pictures, our baby's birth certificate, but they requested additional information to proof our relationship. He went back March 9, 2015 with a file with all our phone calls, e-mails, letters, text messages and more pictures. The case has been in administrative processing ever since. It has been 5 months since the interview. I call and e-mail the Interest Section weekly and I get the same automated reply, about the administrative processing. Our baby girl is growing fast and he has not been able to be with her. I'm at the breaking point. Please any information, advise or similar experience is greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance for your time.

Hello,

I am writing to give you guys an update on my case. The case still in Administrative Processing, 300 days have passed since the interview. We have been calling and e-mailing the Embassy weekly, to get the same generic message:

"Thank you for contacting the Embassy of the United States of America in Havana, Cuba

We regret to inform you that Mr. Gilberto Garcia Fernandez’s case is still pending completion of the administrative process. We realize that these extended time periods cause frustration to many individuals. However, there is no set time period for this process to be completed. For individual cases, the time needed for adjudication is different, as each case is unique and the U.S. Embassy must adjudicate visas in accordance with the provisions of the law, and, in some cases, this involves extensive administrative processing. As soon as the processing of the application has been completed, we will contact the applicant for further instructions. "

I have contacted:

Senator Bill Nelson

Senator Marco Rubio

President Barack Obama

Vice President Joe Biden

Congressman David W. Jolly

Senator Bill Nelson e-mailed the Embassy and sent me a copy of the e-mail he received, which is exactly the same e-mail that we've been receiving weekly.

I feel hopeless and do not know what else to do. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi MaGi:

I wish i have the answer.... almost 8 months and waiting... The emails I receive back are same as yours, just automatics reply. Hope and pray we get an answer soon.
please keep me posted.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.