TBoneTX

Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case [Part III]

380 posts in this topic

nitsirk7562 - Thank you for your reply! I would never withhold anything they asked for. As for financial etc Im giving them much more than they ask. I mean not including pictures, plane tickets, etc, like some other people do with this filing. Just keeping it to only what is asked for and way too much documentation for that alone. Im only asking about skipping the extra relationship proof that some people include ahead of time to try to trigger a waiver.

Edited by solus

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Oh I see, I misunderstood. Sorry! We didn't put more than they asked for in our application and we still got the NPIW :P We definitely didn't want a waiver either! Our field office is way behind too so I think that's why we got the letter.

nitsirk7562 - Thank you for your reply! I would never withhold anything they asked for. As for financial etc Im giving them much more than they ask. I mean not including pictures, plane tickets, etc, like some other people do with this filing. Just keeping it to only what is asked for and way too much documentation for that alone. Im only asking about skipping the extra relationship proof that some people include ahead of time to try to trigger a waiver.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

I had the same thought about trying to force an interview so we didn't include much more than the minimum... one bill in both names and one joint bank statement. We got the dreaded letter. Now I wish we'd have included more to help prevent an RFE for more. Oh well

K-1 from Haiti - NOA1: 5/27/2014; NOA2: 7/8 USCIS never updated to say that it was sent to the NVC (just in case you're as concerned about your status not updating as I was about mine)
NVC Case Number Received: 7/31; Left NVC: 8/1 - tracked via DHL website; CEAC Status - Ready: 8/7; Packet 3 Received: 9/5 - Beneficiary received packet / Medical Completed: 9/19;
DS-160 Submitted: 9/22 - (CEAC date updated); Packet 3 Submitted: 9/26; Packet 4 Received: 10/24; Interview Date: 11/6 @ 7 am Interview Result: Approved!
CEAC Status Issued: 11/10; USTraveldocs.com finally acknowledged Fiance's passport actually in their system: 11/20; Passport Received: 11/21;

POE: 11/23/2014; Wedding: 2/14/2015

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: 2/21/2015;

USCIS EAD & AP received: 2/25; USCIS AOS received: 2/27; Received NOA1s in mail: 3/5; Biometrics: 3/26; EAD/AP Card in Production: 5/11; EAD/AP Card Mailed: 5/1; EAD/AP Card Received 5/19; NPIW Letter dated: 6/11/15; Green card Approved: 10/1/15;

Green card Received: 10/7/15

Do I understand correctly that you got a RFE for not including evidence which is not actually asked for? I just re-read the entire instruction packet for the i485 and all it says to include is the marriage certificate as far as evidence of the relationship. Everything else is financial, biometrics, passport photos, etc. That is absolute insanity. So your recommendation is to just include a ton of evidence (which we do have, hell, the check to pay for the fee is coming from a joint checking with both of us listed...) and pray for an interview rather than a waiver?

I really cant believe that there is a forum full of people who are actually discussing the best way to trigger an interview, without triggering a RFE, so the process happens in a reasonable amount of time. I mean, Chris is worth the headaches, but wow.

Well, weve got some time to decide. We found out at SSA on Thursday that CBP entered Chris' middle name as a compound first when he first visited the US in 2011, so we need to go through the process of going to the Deferred Inspection Site (an hour away and over $60 in tolls round trip) this week, as well as talking to a Tier 2 at SAVE and E-Verify, to get it fixed. All of this before we can do anything else. The fun just never seems to stop.

I had the same thought about trying to force an interview so we didn't include much more than the minimum... one bill in both names and one joint bank statement. We got the dreaded letter. Now I wish we'd have included more to help prevent an RFE for more. Oh well

Edited by solus

Timeline

We haven't had any actual news on our AOS after the waiver letter. So no we haven't gotten an RFE personally for more information. But they can ask for stuff if they feel the relationship isn't genuine even if it's not "required". I wish we would have just padded our application for insurance against unnecessary delays.

K-1 from Haiti - NOA1: 5/27/2014; NOA2: 7/8 USCIS never updated to say that it was sent to the NVC (just in case you're as concerned about your status not updating as I was about mine)
NVC Case Number Received: 7/31; Left NVC: 8/1 - tracked via DHL website; CEAC Status - Ready: 8/7; Packet 3 Received: 9/5 - Beneficiary received packet / Medical Completed: 9/19;
DS-160 Submitted: 9/22 - (CEAC date updated); Packet 3 Submitted: 9/26; Packet 4 Received: 10/24; Interview Date: 11/6 @ 7 am Interview Result: Approved!
CEAC Status Issued: 11/10; USTraveldocs.com finally acknowledged Fiance's passport actually in their system: 11/20; Passport Received: 11/21;

USCIS EAD & AP received: 2/25; USCIS AOS received: 2/27; Received NOA1s in mail: 3/5; Biometrics: 3/26; EAD/AP Card in Production: 5/11; EAD/AP Card Mailed: 5/1; EAD/AP Card Received 5/19; NPIW Letter dated: 6/11/15; Green card Approved: 10/1/15;

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

New Card Is Being Produced

On August 15, 2015, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number

Aug 11 sent "out of processing time" inquiry

Aug 12 received generic response stating that due to workload factors USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case."

Aug 15 (Saturday@8am) received email stating a recent processing action has taken place on our case. Status:Card/Document Production

"We ordered your new card for MSCxxxxxxxx, and will mail it. You can expect your card within 30 days of approval of your application.

Not sure if it was just a coincidence or if the "out of normal processing time" inquiry compelled them to pull it out of the pile, but either way..... Yay!

I (Todd) am the petitioner from the U.S. / Beth is in/from Philippines :thumbs:

---------------VISA JOURNEY---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6-30-2014: Mailed I129F Packet to Dallas Lockbox......... H e e e r e WE g o o o o o!! (L):wub::dance:

7-08-2014: Received email confirmation & text of application packet receipt and case #. Texas Service Center.

7-11-2014: Received actual letter confirmation of receipt and case #.

7-11-2014: Received email notification of Alien registration # being changed.

7-31-2014: Received text/email of I129F approval (Post Decision Activity) yes, we were processed at TSC!

8-04-2014: Received hard copy NOA2 in mail confirming approved and sent to NVC.

8-05-2014: Received text/email and USCIS status update. 2nd half of Post Decision Activity - Sent to DOS for processing.

8-13-2014: NVC assigned case/MNL# !!!

8-15 -2014: Interview scheduled.....August 28!

8-15 -2014: CEAC status: IN TRANSIT to Consular Section.

8-18-2014: CEAC status changed to "READY"

8-18-2014: Shots completed 2nd day. Medical complete. received a CD, papers, and passport

8-19-2014: Completed CFO seminar (Will return to CFO office to get sticker after Visa is in hand)

8-25-2014: Received hard copy of NVC case # assignment and fwd to consulate letter in mail.

8-28-2014: 1:00 am my time...........Interview done.........APPROVED !!! :dancing:(L):wow::wub::thumbs:

9-02-2014: Administrative Processing

9-04-2014: Issued

9-07-2014: Text msg from 2GO, Visa ready for pickup

9-08-2014: Visa in hand, CFO sticker obtained

--------AOS JOURNEY-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12-05-2014: AOS Package at Chicago Lockbox received per U.S. mail tracking

12-19-2014: Received texts/emails that file has been accepted and routed. (All three...485, 131,765)

12-26-2014: Received Biometrics appointment notice. Scheduled 1-7-2015.

12-27-2014: Received NOA1 / I-797C in mail for all three applications.

01-07-2014: Biometrics completed in Fort Smith, AR. .. went in early, they took us no problem. Took maybe 10 minutes.

02-10-2015: Received text and emails notification of approved EAD and AP. Status changed to reflect approval.

02-17-2-15: Received NOA I-797 letter only.....for Advanced Parole in mail.

02-21-2015: Received EAD/AP combo card in mail today.

03-19-2015: Received the "Notice of Potential Interview Case" letter in mail today.

06-03-2015: Requested to expedite due to potential loss of funds if vacation had to be cancelled due to non acceptable travel docs to Mexico.

06-05-205: Response denying expedite. Stated while sounded important, only cases strictly adhering to the "qualification" to expedite are granted such process.

08-11-2015: Sent "out of processing time" inquiry

08-12-2015: Received generic response stating that due to workload factors USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case."

08-15-2015: (Saturday@8am) received email stating a recent processing action has taken place on our case. Status:Card/Document Production

"We ordered your new card for MSCxxxxxxxx, and will mail it. You can expect your card within 30 days of approval of your application.

8-12-2015: Online status changed to "NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED" . Couple days later, received hard copy of notice.

8-31-2015: Received text notifying that "We mailed your new card"

9-01-2015: Received GREEN CARD!! 275 days from date of mailing/filing AOS.

Timeline

Question for all those who've been around this thread awhile... when you started the NPIW journey, were there others who got waivers at the same time you did that got approved 2 or 3 months after the letter was received? Or did most people not hear any updates for the stated 6 months or longer? I've been reading this thread for a long time but I didn't start from the first thread so I'm just curious. We filed in February and got our letter in June. Another person who filed two weeks before us and got their NPIW letter the same day we got ours, was just approved. I don't want to get my hopes too far up if extremely random approvals are the norm.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Question for all those who've been around this thread awhile... when you started the NPIW journey, were there others who got waivers at the same time you did that got approved 2 or 3 months after the letter was received? Or did most people not hear any updates for the stated 6 months or longer? I've been reading this thread for a long time but I didn't start from the first thread so I'm just curious. We filed in February and got our letter in June. Another person who filed two weeks before us and got their NPIW letter the same day we got ours, was just approved. I don't want to get my hopes too far up if extremely random approvals are the norm.

It is total random stuff and according to each case and field office. I have seen people applied after me and they got it already. I had to wait 8 months after receiving NPIW letter (not 6) then they sent me welcome letter and told me (Card in Production). But until now the card is not in my hand yet !!!! You might get it earlier or later know one knows. Good Luck :)

I-130 (Parent)

- Submitted June 2021

- 1st NOA (June 2021)

I-130 (Brother 1)

- Submitted (September 2019)

- 1st NOA (September 2019)

I-130 (Brother 2)

- Submitted (Not yet)

- 1st NOA (Not yet)

Hey guys, I'm from June fillers thread, just curious, which States are most likely to get a NPIW letters? I'm from NJ, Newark local office, still have no updates on my I-485, don't really wish to get this letter and praying for my interview to be scheduled, maybe you guys know how many people from my office got waivers?

Good luck to all of you, hope you will get your Green Cards very soon!

ROC -"CSC"

Package sent: 07/31/17

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

Newark is processing cases from Nov 2014. As a comparison, my field office is processing from Sept 2014. I think there's a pretty good chance you'll get a letter too. Who knows how accurate their site is though. You won't know til the letter pops up in the mailbox, sadly.

Hey guys, I'm from June fillers thread, just curious, which States are most likely to get a NPIW letters? I'm from NJ, Newark local office, still have no updates on my I-485, don't really wish to get this letter and praying for my interview to be scheduled, maybe you guys know how many people from my office got waivers?
Good luck to all of you, hope you will get your Green Cards very soon!

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

Newark is processing cases from Nov 2014. As a comparison, my field office is processing from Sept 2014. I think there's a pretty good chance you'll get a letter too. Who knows how accurate their site is though. You won't know til the letter pops up in the mailbox, sadly.

Thanks for your reply, I still have some hope to not get this letter, but who knows how they work....

Some people( May fillers ) from my office, got their interview notices almost a month ago, but I guess it depends who got more luck...

ROC -"CSC"

Package sent: 07/31/17

Hello everyone!! My card was mailed out on 08/17/15 and I decided to call USCIS today to ask for a tracking number. The Tier 1 officer said to me that not everyone receives a tracking numbers and I wouldn't be given one. How is that possible. She was offended when I told her she wasn't giving me the help I needed. I them demanded to be transferred to a Tier 2 officer and she was upset and told me I'd have a waiting time of about THREE hours which I was I'd just get a call back. Well there was no wait time. Immediately an officer answered and provided me the tracking number. I tracked my card and I should be receiving it tomorrow in the mail. Definitely speaking with a Tier 1 officer is a waist of time they don't help what so ever. You have to demand a transfer to a Tier 2 officer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone!! My card was mailed out on 08/17/15 and I decided to call USCIS today to ask for a tracking number. The Tier 1 officer said to me that not everyone receives a tracking numbers and I wouldn't be given one. How is that possible. She was offended when I told her she wasn't giving me the help I needed. I them demanded to be transferred to a Tier 2 officer and she was upset and told me I'd have a waiting time of about THREE hours which I was I'd just get a call back. Well there was no wait time. Immediately an officer answered and provided me the tracking number. I tracked my card and I should be receiving it tomorrow in the mail. Definitely speaking with a Tier 1 officer is a waist of time they don't help what so ever. You have to demand a transfer to a Tier 2 officer.

Whats the number you called and how did you know your card was in production? I am trying to figure out when we should expect it to ship. Our case was approved August 7th (online). I appreciate your feedback and majob congrats. I hope you have it in hand today and pop a bottle of champagne.

rCHNm4.png

January 15th, 2014 - Submitted I-129f

January 22nd, 2014 - NOA 1 approved - Case shows up online

January 24th, 2014 - Received NOA 1 hard copy in mail

LONG ### WAIT!

May 21st - Joined this forum to find some hope...

Sep 12th, 2014 - NOA2 approved, case shows up online

Sep 15th, 2014 - Checked USCIS to find out that we were approved on the 12th, no txts or email although we were signed up.

Sep 15th, 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

Sep 25th, 2014 - Case arrived at NVC

Sep 26th, 2014 - Called and received case # from NVC.

Sep 29th,2014 - Case in transit to New Delhi

Sep 30th,2014 - Case shows "ready" online

Oct 2nd, 2014 - Submitted DS-160 online.

Oct 16th, 2014 - Police Certificate in hand.

Oct 20th, 2014 - Will have medical Report in hand

Oct 21st, 2014 - Scheduled fingerprinting

Oct 22nd, 2014 - INTERVIEW ......

Nov 12th, 2014 - Passport in hand with Approved VISA

Nov 27th, 2014- Arrived in the USA via Miami

GREEN CARD PROCESS STARTS

Dec 4th, 2014 - Married

Dec 11th, 2014 - Submitted I485, I765

Dec19th, 2014- Received several I797C - one for 485, 765 and one more (cant remember)

Jan 12th, 2015 - Biometrics.

Feb 5th, 2015 - Written Drivers test - PASSED

Feb 12th, 2015 - Road Test...... fingers crossed....PASSED... mailed the card. Said would get it for a year

Feb 13th, 2015 - EAD card in production... waiting to get it in hand

Feb 20th, 2015 - EAD card produced and mailed... now should be waiting to get it in hand...expecting it in a day or so.

Feb 24th, 2015 - EAD Card in hand with new married name!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.