Janelle2002

7 of the Most Ridiculous Things Donald Trump Said During the GOP Debate

34 posts in this topic

As expected, the Republican debate Thursday night in Ohio was very much the Donald Trump show.

While the other nominees had their turns to speak, it was clear that all eyes and ears were on the outspoken businessman -- and in that regard, he did not disappoint. In fact, at one point, Trump even admitted that the audience may not be on his side. "I don’t think they like me very much," he told moderator Megyn Kelly.

WATCH: Donald Trump Believes NBC Will Take Him Back: 'I Get Ratings'

There were plenty of reasons that Trump was polarizing, but here are just seven of the more ridiculous statements that came out of his mouth during this first GOP debate:

1. "If it weren't for me, you wouldn't even be talking about illegal immigration, Chris [Wallace]... This was not a subject that was on anybody's mind until I brought it up at my announcement."

You didn't know Trump invented illegal immigration? What, you thought this has been an issue for, oh, over 200 years? How silly of us all!

2. "Only Rosie O'Donnell."

Let's put this one into context: When asked about the misogynistic statements he's made in the past, which included calling women fat pigs and slobs, he interrupted the female moderator, Kelly, to make a tasteless joke about Rosie O'Donnell, an actress who has absolutely nothing to do with the Republican debate and was not even in the state of Ohio at the time. Once a folly, always a folly… if your name is Trump.

NEWS: Rosie O'Donnell Responds to Donald Trump's Diss During Republican Debate

3. "I think the big problem that this country has is being politically correct. I've been challenged by so many people, and I don't frankly have time for total political correctness, and to be honest with you, this country doesn't have time either."

That is probably as close as we'll ever get to a Trump apology. One thing is for sure, though -- the man sure knows how to not answer the question he's been asked.

4. "What I say is what I say. And honestly, Megyn if you don't like it, I'm sorry. I've been very nice to you although I could probably not be based on the way you have treated me, but I wouldn't do that."

Kelly was asking you about the mean things you said to women. How many times are you going to make us point this out, Trump?

WATCH: Pitbull Won't Stay at Trump Hotels Anymore

5. "With Hillary Clinton, I said be at my wedding and she came to my wedding."

Trump gave Clinton money, and therefore she was obligated to watch his nuptials. This is how the 69-year-old New Yorker explained why he's given money to both Democrats and Republicans as recently as a few months ago when he was simply a businessman and not a GOP nominee. Money is evil, kids! Don't hand yours over to just anyone!

6. "I cannot say I have to respect the person that if it's not me, the person that wins. If I do win and I'm leading by quite a bit. That's what I want to do. I can totally make the pledge if I'm a nominee. I am discussing it with everybody. But I'm talking about a lot of leverage. We want to win and we will win. But I want to win as the Republican. I want to run as the Republican nominee."

This statement in itself is not weird -- it's just extremely confusing. When the entire field of ten potential presidential nominees was asked if they would give one of the other men on stage their support and endorsement if they were to get the eventual nomination, Trump was the one to raise his hand and say that he could not do that tonight. Fine, but at least be clear about being a meanie. If you're nominated, will you run as a Republican? As an Independent? As a man who supports only himself and his comb? Stop talking in circles, Trump!

7. "We have a president who doesn't have a clue. I would say he's incompetent, but I don't want to do that, because it's not nice."

This is where Trump draws the judgment line at what he can and cannot say because it may or may not be nice?

Trump, apparently, doesn’t see a problem with anything he said during the debates. "I am very proud of my great performance tonight,” he said in a statement from his official press office. "I am not a debater, but I am a winner. If I am elected I will make this country a total winner -- I will Make America Great Again."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This should take care of anyone Trump hasn't offended yet!

11800184_994666307234365_636665488586868

Love it, If only he had a gun in his hand then it would really piss off the liberals.......

Timeline

As expected, the Republican debate Thursday night in Ohio was very much the Donald Trump show.

While the other nominees had their turns to speak, it was clear that all eyes and ears were on the outspoken businessman -- and in that regard, he did not disappoint. In fact, at one point, Trump even admitted that the audience may not be on his side. "I dont think they like me very much," he told moderator Megyn Kelly.

WATCH: Donald Trump Believes NBC Will Take Him Back: 'I Get Ratings'[/size]

There were plenty of reasons that Trump was polarizing, but here are just seven of the more ridiculous statements that came out of his mouth during this first GOP debate:

1. "If it weren't for me, you wouldn't even be talking about illegal immigration, Chris [Wallace]... This was not a subject that was on anybody's mind until I brought it up at my announcement."

You didn't know Trump invented illegal immigration? What, you thought this has been an issue for, oh, over 200 years? How silly of us all!

2. "Only Rosie O'Donnell."

Let's put this one into context: When asked about the misogynistic statements he's made in the past, which included calling women fat pigs and slobs, he interrupted the female moderator, Kelly, to make a tasteless joke about Rosie O'Donnell, an actress who has absolutely nothing to do with the Republican debate and was not even in the state of Ohio at the time. Once a folly, always a folly if your name is Trump.

NEWS: Rosie O'Donnell Responds to Donald Trump's Diss During Republican Debate

3. "I think the big problem that this country has is being politically correct. I've been challenged by so many people, and I don't frankly have time for total political correctness, and to be honest with you, this country doesn't have time either."

That is probably as close as we'll ever get to a Trump apology. One thing is for sure, though -- the man sure knows how to not answer the question he's been asked.

4. "What I say is what I say. And honestly, Megyn if you don't like it, I'm sorry. I've been very nice to you although I could probably not be based on the way you have treated me, but I wouldn't do that."

Kelly was asking you about the mean things you said to women. How many times are you going to make us point this out, Trump?

WATCH: Pitbull Won't Stay at Trump Hotels Anymore

5. "With Hillary Clinton, I said be at my wedding and she came to my wedding."

Trump gave Clinton money, and therefore she was obligated to watch his nuptials. This is how the 69-year-old New Yorker explained why he's given money to both Democrats and Republicans as recently as a few months ago when he was simply a businessman and not a GOP nominee. Money is evil, kids! Don't hand yours over to just anyone!

6. "I cannot say I have to respect the person that if it's not me, the person that wins. If I do win and I'm leading by quite a bit. That's what I want to do. I can totally make the pledge if I'm a nominee. I am discussing it with everybody. But I'm talking about a lot of leverage. We want to win and we will win. But I want to win as the Republican. I want to run as the Republican nominee."

This statement in itself is not weird -- it's just extremely confusing. When the entire field of ten potential presidential nominees was asked if they would give one of the other men on stage their support and endorsement if they were to get the eventual nomination, Trump was the one to raise his hand and say that he could not do that tonight. Fine, but at least be clear about being a meanie. If you're nominated, will you run as a Republican? As an Independent? As a man who supports only himself and his comb? Stop talking in circles, Trump!

7. "We have a president who doesn't have a clue. I would say he's incompetent, but I don't want to do that, because it's not nice."

This is where Trump draws the judgment line at what he can and cannot say because it may or may not be nice?

Trump, apparently, doesnt see a problem with anything he said during the debates. "I am very proud of my great performance tonight, he said in a statement from his official press office. "I am not a debater, but I am a winner. If I am elected I will make this country a total winner -- I will Make America Great Again."

I assumed you didn't watch

And it appears as if you just did a copy and paste, If you can't come up with a real thought then just copy and paste. It standard if you did copy and paste then do put a link to the article.

In reality it wasn't the Trump show, He wasn't that big of an impact, too many people on stage.

He did burn Rosie O'Donnell with his comment, it did bring down the house

Timeline

Janelle2002

Next time you post try to put a link

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/7-most-ridiculous-things-donald-051200652.html

That way you don't try to appear as if you came up with the thought

TIA

Janelle2002

Next time you post try to put a link

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/7-most-ridiculous-things-donald-051200652.html

That way you don't try to appear as if you came up with the thought

TIA

Actually, if you read the op, it was kind of obvious she didn't come off with this from the top of her heard. The blue links that indicated there were other articles embedded within her post kind of gave it away.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I assumed you didn't watch

And it appears as if you just did a copy and paste, If you can't come up with a real thought then just copy and paste. It standard if you did copy and paste then do put a link to the article.

In reality it wasn't the Trump show, He wasn't that big of an impact, too many people on stage.

He did burn Rosie O'Donnell with his comment, it did bring down the house

I just finished watching the debate. In reality, it WAS the Donald Trump show--in fact, even the 'full' versions available to watch online have had to excise some of his comments because Univision is claiming copyright issues and he STILL spoke more than anyone else. He spoke over 11 minutes, while the next highest speaker (Bush) spoke not even 9 minutes. In a debate with 10 people where the third through tenth place candidates (in terms of speaking time) spoke 6:27, he spoke around 4 minutes and 45 seconds longer than eight out of ten candidates.

It is empirical fact that, especially as many of the questions asked of other candidates asked them to discuss things Trump had said and as he spoke nearly 5 minutes longer than 8/10 candidates, that it WAS the Donald Trump show.

Yes, he brought down the house with that comment--which just proves that his buffoonery is bringing down the tone of the whole debate and will eventually hand the election over to the democrats.

Even if he fails to win the nomination, he has lowered the tone of discussion on the republican side so far that the democrats will win. It's like he's literally running as a republican candidate entirely to ensure that the democrats win.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

I just finished watching the debate. In reality, it WAS the Donald Trump show--in fact, even the 'full' versions available to watch online have had to excise some of his comments because Univision is claiming copyright issues and he STILL spoke more than anyone else. He spoke over 11 minutes, while the next highest speaker (Bush) spoke not even 9 minutes. In a debate with 10 people where the third through tenth place candidates (in terms of speaking time) spoke 6:27, he spoke around 4 minutes and 45 seconds longer than eight out of ten candidates.

It is empirical fact that, especially as many of the questions asked of other candidates asked them to discuss things Trump had said and as he spoke nearly 5 minutes longer than 8/10 candidates, that it WAS the Donald Trump show.

Yes, he brought down the house with that comment--which just proves that his buffoonery is bringing down the tone of the whole debate and will eventually hand the election over to the democrats.

Even if he fails to win the nomination, he has lowered the tone of discussion on the republican side so far that the democrats will win. It's like he's literally running as a republican candidate entirely to ensure that the democrats win.

Attacking Rosie to me made no sense at all. But then again this is Trump we're talking about here. I don't think he's a plant for the DNC(no matter how bad it gets, he's doing this on his own), but he might just be trying to appeal to that hidden base of voters like VOL, who don't care about substance, they just want to see THAT type of person back in the white house. His entire platform is based on a racist comment about Mexicans, and because of it, he's propelled through the polls. He's aiming squarely at those people hoping it will be enough to win the nomination.

It also looks like he's a misogynist as well.

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/donald-trump-lashes-out-at-megyn-kelly-for-debate-126094023911.html

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

Attacking Rosie to me made no sense at all. But then again this is Trump we're talking about here. I don't think he's a plant for the DNC(no matter how bad it gets, he's doing this on his own), but he might just be trying to appeal to that hidden base of voters like VOL, who don't care about substance, they just want to see THAT type of person back in the white house. His entire platform is based on a racist comment about Mexicans, and because of it, he's propelled through the polls. He's aiming squarely at those people hoping it will be enough to win the nomination.

It also looks like he's a misogynist as well.

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/donald-trump-lashes-out-at-megyn-kelly-for-debate-126094023911.html

Oh, I definitely do NOT think he actually is a plant (and knows it, at least)--he's not smart enough to play double agent like that. It's just that his attitude and statements honestly sound like he is one, possibly unwittingly.

But then, I am queen of GOP conspiracy theories.

My theory last election when they announced Palin (let's face it, that was the last election that counts--Obama was never going to be a single term president) was that they were literally throwing the election.

See, they only had one 'valid' candidate in the field--McCain. He was going to be running, they knew, against either a woman or a black man. They also knew that the president who inherited the nightmare that Bush was leaving and, by proxy, that president's party would be blamed for every last bit of the cleanup from that mess and that that person would be held more responsible for the mess than the man who created it in the first place would be. Their electability in the longterm future was going to be based on two things: 1) not having been the people responsible for Bush's mess in terms of the disgusting, rotten aftermath and 2) the direction that the rising Christian extremists were taking, something they would have had trouble predicting in 2007/2008 when they were running the campaign.

Therefore, it was in their best interests in terms of longterm power, to let the black man or woman get the presidency so they could spend the next eight years blocking legislation and making that president look like a bumbling fool and therefore have the strongest possible presidency (meaning they had the president, the house, all levels of government completely red) and knock everything out of the park in the 2015/2016 election.

So they announced Palin as running mate, let her be the scapegoat for McCain losing and then proceeded to block Obama's administration.

Now they're trying to reap the benefits, but the problem is that the Christian Extremists have been poked and prodded for the past eight years to see who they are, what they're standing for and what they're doing. Meanwhile, Obama's administration has managed to keep the vast majority of their promises and be actually very effective in spite of very public efforts by the republicans to block progress. So the only people that they can actually win over are those extremists and we're seeing the results of an attempt to pander to extremists off their gun toting, government hating properties long enough to vote.

Their long game failed and now Trump is ruining the game they laid out by being a bigger buffoon than any of them could ever be and winning more of the extremist vote and now the republican party will crumble and die.

2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

Oh, I definitely do NOT think he actually is a plant (and knows it, at least)--he's not smart enough to play double agent like that. It's just that his attitude and statements honestly sound like he is one, possibly unwittingly.

But then, I am queen of GOP conspiracy theories.

My theory last election when they announced Palin (let's face it, that was the last election that counts--Obama was never going to be a single term president) was that they were literally throwing the election.

See, they only had one 'valid' candidate in the field--McCain. He was going to be running, they knew, against either a woman or a black man. They also knew that the president who inherited the nightmare that Bush was leaving and, by proxy, that president's party would be blamed for every last bit of the cleanup from that mess and that that person would be held more responsible for the mess than the man who created it in the first place would be. Their electability in the longterm future was going to be based on two things: 1) not having been the people responsible for Bush's mess in terms of the disgusting, rotten aftermath and 2) the direction that the rising Christian extremists were taking, something they would have had trouble predicting in 2007/2008 when they were running the campaign.

Therefore, it was in their best interests in terms of longterm power, to let the black man or woman get the presidency so they could spend the next eight years blocking legislation and making that president look like a bumbling fool and therefore have the strongest possible presidency (meaning they had the president, the house, all levels of government completely red) and knock everything out of the park in the 2015/2016 election.

So they announced Palin as running mate, let her be the scapegoat for McCain losing and then proceeded to block Obama's administration.

Now they're trying to reap the benefits, but the problem is that the Christian Extremists have been poked and prodded for the past eight years to see who they are, what they're standing for and what they're doing. Meanwhile, Obama's administration has managed to keep the vast majority of their promises and be actually very effective in spite of very public efforts by the republicans to block progress. So the only people that they can actually win over are those extremists and we're seeing the results of an attempt to pander to extremists off their gun toting, government hating properties long enough to vote.

Their long game failed and now Trump is ruining the game they laid out by being a bigger buffoon than any of them could ever be and winning more of the extremist vote and now the republican party will crumble and die.

Good theory. I never thought they would sabotage their own efforts, but then again, having a killer long game is crucial in politics.

What's sad now is Trump has put them in a very precarious situation. If they pull him, the base is going to be upset since he's appealing the the extremists who've hijacked the GOP a long time ago. If they let him stay, he'll get the nomination and proceed to crash and burn once he gets on the national stage, ensuring another 4 to 8 years of Democratic rule. They have to decide which path to take, it's either lose little or lose big.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

Good theory. I never thought they would sabotage their own efforts, but then again, having a killer long game is crucial in politics.

What's sad now is Trump has put them in a very precarious situation. If they pull him, the base is going to be upset since he's appealing the the extremists who've hijacked the GOP a long time ago. If they let him stay, he'll get the nomination and proceed to crash and burn once he gets on the national stage, ensuring another 4 to 8 years of Democratic rule. They have to decide which path to take, it's either lose little or lose big.

Trump really has put them in a terrible situation. If they do toss him out on his ear, he's all but said he'll run as an independent, in last night's debate. If he does that, the Republicans haven't got a hope in hades and the two party system will die rapidly because the Republicans' only longterm hope of survival, if Trump runs as an independent, is to offload the fringe loonies and focus on becoming a more moderate party.

The only hope for America is that enough people vote in the Democratic primary to get Bernie Sanders the nomination. Whichever democrat gets it is going to win and Sanders will be the best for the middle class and the poor and gives a toehold (not even a whole foothold, with how oligarchical the US political system is) to the possibility of actual change and political reform.

So the best case scenario here is a) two party system becomes a three party system, b) Sanders gets the democratic nomination and c) longterm political reform.

Worst case is that Trump gets the nomination and the world ends.

March 13, 2014 Married!

Trump really has put them in a terrible situation. If they do toss him out on his ear, he's all but said he'll run as an independent, in last night's debate. If he does that, the Republicans haven't got a hope in hades and the two party system will die rapidly because the Republicans' only longterm hope of survival, if Trump runs as an independent, is to offload the fringe loonies and focus on becoming a more moderate party.

The only hope for America is that enough people vote in the Democratic primary to get Bernie Sanders the nomination. Whichever democrat gets it is going to win and Sanders will be the best for the middle class and the poor and gives a toehold (not even a whole foothold, with how oligarchical the US political system is) to the possibility of actual change and political reform.

So the best case scenario here is a) two party system becomes a three party system, b) Sanders gets the democratic nomination and c) longterm political reform.

Worst case is that Trump gets the nomination and the world ends.

I didn't watch the debates last night. Running as an independent would hurt the GOP. But honestly, it would give them the chance to clear up their act.

The GOP could become the party of Lincoln again if they would just let go of the crazies and the hate-filled folks. But those clowns seem to have a vice like grip, and aren't leaving anytime soon. It's going to boil down to Sanders or Clinton.

I hope and pray this country is smart enough to avoid a Trump presidency...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I didn't watch the debates last night. Running as an independent would hurt the GOP. But honestly, it would give them the chance to clear up their act.

The GOP could become the party of Lincoln again if they would just let go of the crazies and the hate-filled folks. But those clowns seem to have a vice like grip, and aren't leaving anytime soon. It's going to boil down to Sanders or Clinton.

I hope and pray this country is smart enough to avoid a Trump presidency...

I'm not sure where you're from or how you were raised, but that's not craziness and hate, that's true Murican values!

Edited by Teddy B

I'm not sure where you're from or how you were raised, but that's not craziness and hate, that's true Murican values!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

What's even funnier is that I know there are some folks here that truly believe that...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg