Mica333

K1 221G Letter at Interview

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks to all especially Ebun..you are spot on with your advice. I've already been in touch w Congress and Monday morning will be back at it w Senate office. I am not giving up. I really appreciate all the support & information.

We wish you luck and hope the adjudication is positive. Please keep us all posted with your experience with the Senate office.

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Thanks to all especially Ebun..you are spot on with your advice. I've already been in touch w Congress and Monday morning will be back at it w Senate office. I am not giving up. I really appreciate all the support & information.

You are welcome, keep us posted. Don't keep your hopes up too high but I say you never know until you try and I would do the complaint

anyway out of principle, no matter if they grant a second interview or not.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

I called my local Senate Office today and the immigration aide seemed very helpful. She sent me the privacy release so she could contact the Embassy on my behalf, same as Congress Office. When I called to follow up later in the afternoon, they said she received my email and had already contacted the embassy and would be in touch when she had an answer.

She said I'm supposed to tell congress to cancel their case now that Senate Office is involved? Have no idea why? The more wheels squeaking the better in my opinion. I am so thankful that she actually took the time to speak to me and explain why the interview process is so difficult and it is really for the protection of US Citizens. So many foreigners have attempted fraud, and actually disappeared while on this type of Visa and change the minute they arrive in US. She told me she has received so many calls after the fact when its too late..All understandable. I just wish the process was not so drawn out and painful. And expensive. I don't know who to believe anymore.

I just want to know what exactly went wrong at my fiancees interview and either try and fix it or move on. The idea of waiting more time is really frustrating. And if the Visa is really denied I need to make plans for the future.

She explained the two things happening now: the admin process is underway (further background checks) and case sent back to USCIS could take another 6 months to sort out or be denied all together.

The applicant (beneficiary) really has to be prepared and confident in the interview as its really a make it or break it time. It's really about the impression he or she makes and the way in which the questions are answered. Like a court of law. Its super serious business.

All I can do now is wait, respectfully. THis has put a huge strain on my relationship. Its hard enough. I really want to go to India however feel its important to stay home and work. It's not so easy to pick up and leave and hope to have a job to return to when I get back.

Thanks for your support & good luck to everyone here as well. Will keep you posted hope it helps.

Timeline

I called my local Senate Office today and the immigration aide seemed very helpful. She sent me the privacy release so she could contact the Embassy on my behalf, same as Congress Office. When I called to follow up later in the afternoon, they said she received my email and had already contacted the embassy and would be in touch when she had an answer.

She said I'm supposed to tell congress to cancel their case now that Senate Office is involved? Have no idea why? They don't like more than one office working on it to avoid confusion. The more wheels squeaking the better in my opinion. I am so thankful that she actually took the time to speak to me and explain why the interview process is so difficult and it is really for the protection of US Citizens. So many foreigners have attempted fraud, and actually disappeared while on this type of Visa and change the minute they arrive in US. She told me she has received so many calls after the fact when its too late..All understandable. I just wish the process was not so drawn out and painful. And expensive. I don't know who to believe anymore. Sure they have to weed out fraud and rightly so but in the end I don't want the government to babysit me and 'protect me' from the boogy man

because I am capable to make choices of what is good or bad for me myself.

I just want to know what exactly went wrong at my fiancees interview and either try and fix it or move on. The idea of waiting more time is really frustrating. And if the Visa is really denied I need to make plans for the future.

She explained the two things happening now: the admin process is underway (further background checks) and case sent back to USCIS could take another 6 months to sort out or be denied all together. If the case is send back it won't take 6 month to 'sort it out' nor will it be denied but USCIS will EXPIRE it and you start over.

The applicant (beneficiary) really has to be prepared and confident in the interview as its really a make it or break it time. It's really about the impression he or she makes and the way in which the questions are answered. Like a court of law. Its super serious business. Yep !

All I can do now is wait, respectfully. THis has put a huge strain on my relationship. Its hard enough. I really want to go to India however feel its important to stay home and work. It's not so easy to pick up and leave and hope to have a job to return to when I get back.

Thanks for your support & good luck to everyone here as well. Will keep you posted hope it helps. Hope you are successful and approved soon, best wishes.

Spoiler

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Thanks...And with all due respect...I would never want to confuse them even more by having two offices contact them for the same status. Thats a scary thought that they would not be able to answer the same question without getting confused.

I am confused as well. Especially when I call USCIS and they tell me we are approved and are congratulating me.

It should not take so long really...Anyway I am being patient and trusting the process. That's all I can do...and emailing daily to embassy.

Best wishes to all!

Timeline

Thanks...And with all due respect...I would never want to confuse them even more by having two offices contact them for the same status. Thats a scary thought that they would not be able to answer the same question without getting confused.

I am confused as well. Especially when I call USCIS and they tell me we are approved and are congratulating me.

It should not take so long really...Anyway I am being patient and trusting the process. That's all I can do...and emailing daily to embassy.

Best wishes to all!

I agree they should be able to handle answering both but I was told the same thing to not contact another agency if one is already

handling it, either one doesn't like the other in the mix and the embassy doesn't like it because they have to take time away to answer more

than one request. It is what it is. If I were you I would just let it play out and not withdraw the one request, maybe you even get more answers

that way.

Good luck !

Spoiler

Timeline

So I got a call back

Today from the immigration aide. She asked me why I was copying her on emails to the embassy and that the email address on the U.S. Dept of state website is not the correct one. She insinuated that I found this contact info from a "random Google search" which I did not. The email address on the U.S. Embassy New Delhi site is where I am getting all my contact info she also quite rudely reminded me how "my boyfriend failed the interview". I then lost it and told her he is my fiancée and her tone and lack of respect is unacceptable. It just gets worse and worse.

So apparently the contact info given by the U.S. Embassy for the Consulate in New Delhi is a third party that assists people (for a fee) to help

With the visa process. Interesting.

This was advised to me by the aide.

Timeline

You have 2 senators and can chose any of their offices in several cities. If you encounter a rude and crabby or unhelpful aide then

next time chose a different one. You also have the congressman but are stuck with your district there and can't toggle between offices.

I chose my aide by how they interacted with me on the phone when calling several different offices.

Now that you have a rude aide ride it out until you switch for the next issue.

Spoiler

Timeline

Happy Sunday to everyone.

I was advised this week by an immigration attorney that taking the mobile phone of a beneficiary at the US Embassy in New Delhi and calling people from the phone is illegal. Period.

I would like to know if anyone has had the same experience.

I need this info because I am filing a complaint here in US through the Compliance USCIS Compliance Dept against the Embassy for inappropriate questioning.

Also- We have not only a Race discrimination case here its also age and gender discrimination and a Human Rights Violation.

Do you think I should note this in the review section as well here on VJ? If it will help I am going to make it publically known here.

This treatment was completely wrong, unacceptable, and cannot be tolerated by anyone going through this painful process

Thanks for reading.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Unbelievable misconduct and I am appalled at the continued abuse at some of these consulates. How did they know where and who his father was to approach him and take the cell phone?! It sound completely criminal. And then to assume fraud because he did not inform everyone in his contact list of his private business?! Just unbelievable! All in the name of "homeland security". As American citizens we at minimum should have a right to answers. I'm truly glad you're standing up and taking this further. This is so wrong. They are taking advantage of us because we are at their mercy. Shameful.

I was advised this week by an immigration attorney that taking the mobile phone of a beneficiary at the US Embassy in New Delhi and calling people from the phone is illegal. Period.

Without getting into legalities, my average joe brain thinks such a thing, if without permission, doesn’t feel right. Look into the rights of an applicant at an embassy.

I need this info because I am filing a complaint here in US through the Compliance USCIS Compliance Dept against the Embassy for inappropriate questioning.

Also- We have not only a Race discrimination case here its also age and gender discrimination and a Human Rights Violation.

Do you think I should note this in the review section as well here on VJ? If it will help I am going to make it publically known here.

This treatment was completely wrong, unacceptable, and cannot be tolerated by anyone going through this painful process

Generally speaking, COs have discretion in determining bonafides of a relationship, and regulations allow them a degree of latitude in their job. Please go thru this, a random example, especially Post #10. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/560179-papers-needed-after-the-interview-spouse-visa/

You have the option to pursue recourse if you believe the applicant was wronged and had his\her rights violated at the embassy. As much as applicants are expected to follow rules, embassy staff are to be held equally accountable, regardless of their power. However, bear in mind applicant rights may not have bearing on adjudication of a case; they are separate issues. Let us know how things go.

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi Everyone- I hope you are all doing well.

Heres my update:

After a month of daily emails & phone calls. keeping Consular General copied on all correspondence, I've received no details at all as to WHY our case was put on 221g Admin Processing. Congress and Senator Office, with all due respect, were not very helpful in obtaining any info at all. However, I was able to figure out the email to Consular General from the correspondence with those offices so something good came out of it.

On our own doing---my fiancee obtained another PCC. Stamped by the government.Once he received it back he sent me a copy & I took it upon myself to forward to the email address that accepts the missing documents, (advanceprocessing@...)and they responded within 24 hours to please submit this PCC AND PASSPORT at the local Visa drop off Center in Delhi. I assumed it was a auto reply so my Fiancee called the embassy directly and spoke to one of the people at the service desk...and they confirmed verbally via a recorded phone line that yes, he should send his passport & additional PCC "as soon as possible" to the embassy.

Any thoughts on what this could mean?

Thanks in advance.

Timeline

Hi Everyone- I hope you are all doing well.

Heres my update:

After a month of daily emails & phone calls. keeping Consular General copied on all correspondence, I've received no details at all as to WHY our case was put on 221g Admin Processing. Congress and Senator Office, with all due respect, were not very helpful in obtaining any info at all. However, I was able to figure out the email to Consular General from the correspondence with those offices so something good came out of it.

On our own doing---my fiancee obtained another PCC. Stamped by the government.Once he received it back he sent me a copy & I took it upon myself to forward to the email address that accepts the missing documents, (advanceprocessing@...)and they responded within 24 hours to please submit this PCC AND PASSPORT at the local Visa drop off Center in Delhi. I assumed it was a auto reply so my Fiancee called the embassy directly and spoke to one of the people at the service desk...and they confirmed verbally via a recorded phone line that yes, he should send his passport & additional PCC "as soon as possible" to the embassy.

Any thoughts on what this could mean?

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like they are ready to issue the visa.

Spoiler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.