Trumplestiltskin

Hiroshima remembers the day the bomb dropped

213 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

In Philippines they do it to have whiter faces due to darker skin means lower social ranking, and it makes them feel fresher and keeps down their oily skins.

In Japan they seem to wear a lot more than the chicks in Philippines, I know Asians as a whole hate sun and getting a tan

No pic?

I have NEVER seen a Japanese female wear baby powder on her face! What nonsense! Perhaps you aren't aware of cosmetic companies like Shiseido? Who on earth would would use such an unsophisticated makeup technique???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

In Philippines they do it to have whiter faces due to darker skin means lower social ranking, and it makes them feel fresher and keeps down their oily skins.

In Japan they seem to wear a lot more than the chicks in Philippines, I know Asians as a whole hate sun and getting a

Those who toil in the sun, working the rice patties etc tend to get really dark so it does have some to do with social status. In my wife's village all the children and women wear it as it helps to keep them cool in the hot months (not sure how but that is what they say) White skin means you don't have to do manual labor, nothing to do with wanting to be Western IMHO. Maybe it's an airport thing in Japan.

But, back to the Hiroshima issue, you said Pearl Harbor was sneakier than 9/11. But it was a military operation targeting military assets, sure sneaky that's sometimes how battles are won. And, not that the war was the answer but, did the Americans at the time do anything in the Pacific/Asia theater that might have provoked the attack?

In my dealings with Japanese people, they are extremely proud and very reserved, hard to find out what the really feel. They are honorable people who believed in the cause at the time. Many innocents die in war but, the two bombs caused such massive death and suffering of civilians, we should remember those souls and what nuclear weapons are capable of, especially in today's tense world.

No pic?

I have NEVER seen a Japanese female wear baby powder on her face! What nonsense! Perhaps you aren't aware of cosmetic companies like Shiseido? Who on earth would would use such an unsophisticated makeup technique???

I wish my wife used baby powder, would save me a few bucks! SKII at the duty free!!

Timeline

How do you post a picture?

I only know how to post Youtube videos

Google "Tinypic"- create an account, upload your photo, and you will be given a code for uploading on a public forum. Copy the code, and paste here.

Looking forward to your debut ;)

Those who toil in the sun, working the rice patties etc tend to get really dark so it does have some to do with social status. In my wife's village all the children and women wear it as it helps to keep them cool in the hot months (not sure how but that is what they say) White skin means you don't have to do manual labor, nothing to do with wanting to be Western IMHO. Maybe it's an airport thing in Japan.

But, back to the Hiroshima issue, you said Pearl Harbor was sneakier than 9/11. But it was a military operation targeting military assets, sure sneaky that's sometimes how battles are won. And, not that the war was the answer but, did the Americans at the time do anything in the Pacific/Asia theater that might have provoked the attack?

In my dealings with Japanese people, they are extremely proud and very reserved, hard to find out what the really feel. They are honorable people who believed in the cause at the time. Many innocents die in war but, the two bombs caused such massive death and suffering of civilians, we should remember those souls and what nuclear weapons are capable of, especially in today's tense world.

I wish my wife used baby powder, would save me a few bucks! SKII at the duty free!!

Ya cheapskate -lol!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Every other store in Korea is a skin care store.

That is truly a fact. Although I loved my time in Korea, and hope to get back there soon.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline

Young girls with baby powder on their faces???? Oh, boy!

Hey, VOL, post your pic! Dying to see a giant with a "long nose"

3509bac.jpg

Congrats!

Are you standing on a box? What's that hanging out from your t-shirt? Lol

Timeline

Something I noticed. Generally all women try to avoid visible scars, but it seems (at least to me) a bit more extreme in Japan than say the US or Europe.

I would think most women around the world would avoid getting visible scars? I haven't seen any anti-scar makeup on sale here in Japan. Curious to know what you are getting at?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Every other store in Korea is a skin care store.

And every other commercial on TV in Thailand is for whitening creams, powders, pills etc. I'd say probably 75% of the ads are beauty related.

Timeline

I'm not getting at anything really, just an observation.

Well, I have never met a Japanese woman with a visible facial scar, but haven't really noticed women with facial scars in Europe or the U.S. either.

What do you mean by it is extreme? I have a scar on my shoulder which I try to cover up because I don't want to gross anyone out. I have seen some women with scars on their backs which are visible in the summer..

As an aside, I was talking with a male shop assistant at a store I go to. He was fretting because he is quite hairy...in the summer he shaves his chest hair so that it won't peak out above his tank top, when he is working in the store as he "doesn't want to offend his customers".

I would say body hair is more of an issue than visible scares. Many males get their facial hair layered off in order to look more aesthetically appealing, and believe their chances of promotion will thus increase.

Edited by Jacque67

Young girls with baby powder on their faces???? Oh, boy!

Hey, VOL, post your pic! Dying to see a giant with a "long nose"

3509bac.jpg

Soooo, no wedding ring? Your wife must be proud....

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg