Trumplestiltskin

Hiroshima remembers the day the bomb dropped

213 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You know, it IS possible recognise the devastation and loss of life on BOTH sides of that conflict...

Negative.

Japan had the Asian Holocaust where estimates they killed between 3 million to 10 million citizens mostly Chinese, Indonesians, Koreans, Filipinos.

I suugest you do some studying on Japan and what they did during WW2...........

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Negative.

Japan had the Asian Holocaust where estimates they killed between 3 million to 10 million citizens mostly Chinese, Indonesians, Koreans, Filipinos.

If the result of your studies is that it's ok to justify the deaths of Japanese people and hold a deep seated prejudice against them to the present day, I think I'll pass on those particular books thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Negative.

I suugest (sic) you study about the US gov involvement with Pearl Harbor.

We are laughing;)

Edited by Jacque67

Timeline

Yeah, I'm sure that's why.

Hours after attacking Pearl Harbor, Japan attacked the PHilippines on Dec. 8th 1941 and invaded the country. Philippines was a US Colony since 1896, Japan days later took occupation of Japan. During occupation they made the citizens Philippines work in work details and made the young girls work as prostitutes for Japanesse soldiers. The commited many war crimes also.

After 3 years occupation MacArthur returned and took back US control of PHilippines and after WW2, USA granted Philippines Independence.

Americans are treated very well in Philippines, and the US is still like a big brother to them if they have any military issue with other countries in the region.

So yes that is why, They have shamed themselves and their country and still have the guilt till this day.........

Edited by VOL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hours after attacking Pearl Harbor, Japan attacked the PHilippines on Dec. 8th 1941 and invaded the country. Philippines was a US Colony since 1896, Japan days later took occupation of Japan. During occupation they made the citizens Philippines work in work details and made the young girls work as prostitutes for Japanesse soldiers. The commited many war crimes also.

After 3 years occupation MacArthur returned and took back US control of PHilippines and after WW2, USA granted Philippines Independence.

Americans are treated very well in Philippines, and the US is still like a big brother to them if they have any military issue with other countries in the region.

So yes that is why, They have shamed themselves and their country and still have the guilt till this day.........

Dream on . Absolutes no guilt here.

What happened to your self confessed yellow fever. Guess chicks here are too expensive ?

Edited by Jacque67

Timeline

Yea, I'm sure that's why. :rofl:

I am 6'3" muscular, I usually wear wife beater T-Shirt and shorts and flip flops in PHilipines, I am considered Macho by the ladies of Philippines. And Yes they are afraid to make eye contact with me

Dream on . Absolutes no guilt here.

What happened to your self confessed yellow fever. Guess chicks here are too expensive ?

Where is here? Japan?

Timeline

Do Americans feel shame when they visit the middle east?

Timeline

Americans are above shame.

It's a point worth making even if it's lost on some of the people here. This idea of manifest destiny, that politicians use nationalist rhetoric to justify involvement in dubious agendas. People still buy it, even in the age of ever present media - this assumption that the US military destroying Iraqi power stations and hospitals, critical infrastructure, and is somehow helping the local people to the extent that they are actually grateful for it. They aren't.

Filed: Timeline

I'm not sure why I'm defending VOL on this as I fully disagree with his opinions but.....

I wouldn't equate the Confederacy and the Civil War to the Empire of Japan and WW2. Here is why.

The Confederacy didn't want war...technically. Ideally they wanted to break off and hoped the US would allow it. Even during the war, them winning the war didn't mean conquering the north, just having a decisive enough victory that the US would let them go.

The start of the wars were different as well. One was a sneak attack where as at Fort Sumpter, Confederate Forces requested that US forces leave. When they didn't they attacked.

With regards to Hiroshima, I always think of Sadako Sasaki. A few years ago at the Cherry Blossom festival, I remember my wife and I folding paper cranes that were ultimately bound for Hiroshima. (She made them in her hospital bed before she died).

1d35bdb6477b38fedf8f1ad2b4c743ea.jpg