Trumplestiltskin

Hiroshima remembers the day the bomb dropped

213 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

There are plenty of reasons to oppose nuclear proliferation. I would have thought people who had actually been through a nuclear explosion on their soil would have a relevant voice on the subject... After all, their experience is unique.

Their opinion? For most, Americans are 単純。too simple-Trump makes capital on this and laughs his way to off shore banks.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Their opinion? For most, Americans are 単純。too simple-Trump makes capital on this and laughs his way to off shore banks.

Trump is a nonsensical figure, like Palin. It's depressing that such people have such a following. At least the proper politicians are corrupt and duplicitous but you expect that. The Trumps, Palins and GWBs of the world are just loud mouthed incompetents.

Timeline

It was an attack by Japan on USA, Worse than the 9/11 attack in New York.

Cowardly attack by a sneaky country that ultimate ended in USA dropping 2 Atomic Boots into the rear end of Japan.

I am sure it was supported by almost 100% of the US Population

Yeah, and those sneaky Japanese have the last laugh.

Enjoy .

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Events like Hiroshima and Nagasaki are to be remembered and it's good that each year we take pause to think of its effects.

It should be cause to us to take pause and realize that we can't change the past, nor can we revert decisions made long ago, in a much different world that the one in which we live today. It should also be a reason for us to move forward with the conviction that no nation should ever be allowed to deploy an atomic weapon over another, and that includes us.

The irony is that a nations that use nuclear weapons as bargaining chips are no different than individuals wearing explosive vests in public places. It's very easy for the unaware to justify the means by the end they brought about. The victors get to write history as they please.

The question we should be asking ourselves is whether we would find it acceptable today had the Japanese or Germans dropped an atomic weapon over Wichita, Denver or any other American city, in retaliation to Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Luckily many people have moved on and can look at a Hiroshima and Nagasaki as a tragedy.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

70 years ago. The world has moved on.

Why aren't Japanese deaths worthy of any recognition in your eyes. Are they not human beings too?

You go to the Arizona Memorial, Oil is still rising from that ship that was sunk. Go to PunchBowl Memorial in Hawaii and see relatives name etched on the wall thanks to Japan. When I was in Manila in November I went to Manila American Cemetery and see 15,000+ plus graves of Americans who died in Philippines and New Guinea from fighting Japan and see 30,000 plus names of guys still missing in action.

Then it brings it all home.

The world has not moved on, The attack on Pearl Harbor by Japan will never be forgotten..............

Timeline

Events like Hiroshima and Nagasaki are to be remembered and it's good that each year we take pause to think of its effects.

It should be cause to us to take pause and realize that we can't change the past, nor can we revert decisions made long ago, in a much different world that the one in which we live today. It should also be a reason for us to move forward with the conviction that no nation should ever be allowed to deploy an atomic weapon over another, and that includes us.

The irony is that a nations that use nuclear weapons as bargaining chips are no different than individuals wearing explosive vests in public places. It's very easy for the unaware to justify the means by the end they brought about. The victors get to write history as they please.

The question we should be asking ourselves is whether we would find it acceptable today had the Japanese or Germans dropped an atomic weapon over Wichita, Denver or any other American city, in retaliation to Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

I hope you have a Chinese fiancé or wife....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah, and those sneaky Japanese have the last laugh.

Enjoy .

How?

When I am in PHilippines a person from Japan will not even make eye contact me, they are still afraid and embarrassed by their actions..

Timeline

How?

When I am in PHilippines a person from Japan will not even make eye contact me, they are still afraid and embarrassed by their actions..

Omg!

Are you serious? I noticed my post about the power of the dollar in Japan got erased. You are obviously protected . Eye contact? That doesn't happen in Japan,

My friends here are laughing. Please continue.

Edited by Jacque67

Timeline

You go to the Arizona Memorial, Oil is still rising from that ship that was sunk. Go to PunchBowl Memorial in Hawaii and see relatives name etched on the wall thanks to Japan. When I was in Manila in November I went to Manila American Cemetery and see 15,000+ plus graves of Americans who died in Philippines and New Guinea from fighting Japan and see 30,000 plus names of guys still missing in action.

The world has not moved on, The attack on Pearl Harbor by Japan will never be forgotten..............

You know, it IS possible recognise the devastation and loss of life on BOTH sides of that conflict...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You know, it IS possible recognise the devastation and loss of life on BOTH sides of that conflict...

A concept that nearly every soldier gets.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

How?

Yeah, I'm sure that's why.

Timeline

The interesting thing for me is that every year we recognise the people who died in 9/11, and yet we know there are people out who have no sympathy and find justification in it. Those people are rightly reviled for holding such beliefs and it is a the subject of regular outrage in the press. It's funny how the exact same beliefs manifest in relation to Japanese deaths at hiroshima and nagasaki. It seems some people are selective over who is worthy of basic human compassion.

Timeline

At the risk of entrapment , several of my Japanese friends visited Pearl Harbor, in trepidation in the morning . The afternoon? They flew planes over the site as part of a tour organised by a fellow Japanese living on the island. Irony. Edited by Jacque67