AsphaltVoyager

Annulment processing suspended

26 posts in this topic

Hi, all,

I have a question regarding annulments in the Phils. My girl says her case has been suspended, along with (supposedly) countless others, by the Solicitor General, who has been extremely vocal in her opposition to the existence of annulments during her tenure. The SG's reason for the suspension is suspected collusion, as well as the SG's assertion that "families are the foundation of society in Philippines". That last bit makes no sense, or is pure political speak, because there is NO FAMILY where there are no children in the marriage. That is merely a married couple, NOT a family. So, with her case involving no children, the SG has no logical foundation to stop processing the case if her claim of protecting families as the nation's foundation is true.

Her case is uncontested by the (hopefully soon to be ex-) husband.

Does anyone else have a similar experience to relate? Or... is this a pure storybook tale I have been told? I tried searching newspaper articles in Philippines for any stories related to annulments having been stopped processing, but was unable to get any hits on Google. Her last involvment in the case actively has been over a year and a half ago, and that was only to verify she does indeed have an annulment suit pending by signing a document intended to go to either the fiscal or the SG, not sure which.

Have you checked with the local court? You should make a visit and ask someone there what is the overall processing for annulments. Are they experiencing any slow downs. ETC.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Talk to a few Filipino attorneys in either the Philippines or in the U.S. If annulments haven't been suspended, then it's time for you to find another fiancée.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am no lawyer but I only heard of the sol gen appealling cases, like after the annulment is granted by the court the sol gen will appeal and re open the case ( for major heartbreak). The first time I heard of a suspension too, better ask a Filipino lawyer about it without her knowledge. Have you seen any paper works?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I hadu annulment done years ago in the Philippines if the Judge ia against annulment aa cited above, i'm aorry tobtell you but your fiancee wil not get a favorable decision. Her case will just be pending

what to do? She should discuss with her lawyer to widraw the caae and file on another town or city with Judges that have proven to grant annulment in the past. You cannot fight the systwm no matter how much you think you have an edge. Judge decisions are based on their interpretation of the law and mych more based on their beliefs.

The $2500 is just about right. Where is she from?

AOS/ AED/ AP:

(California Service Center, Chula Vista, San Diego, CA)

Filed: Aug 29

Receipt Date: Sept 2

NOA 1 Date: Sept 12 (received text/email)

NOA 1 copy rcvd: Sept 16

Biometrics Notice Date: Sept 17, received Sept 24

Biometrics Sched: Oct 5

Successful walk-in: Sept 26

Oct 13- Case ready to be scheduled for interview

EAD/AP approved - Nov. 1/2 / Received EAD/ AP Combo Card- Nov. 15

50days from NOA1/ 64 days from receipt date.

January 30-  USCIS Ap update, Interview sched on March 3, 2017

Jan 31 - received USCIS letter/ Notice for interview 

March 3- Interview, approved on the Spot

March 8 - received GC

Dec 2018 - To file ROC

My Blogs:

I-129F Petition Process

Medical Requirements

Medical Exam Experience

US Embassy Manila K1/K2 Interview Preparation Requirements and Instructions

Interview (K1 with 2 K2s)

CFO Guidance and Counseling (applicable to applicant from Philippines only)

My K1 Visa Journey

8 August 2015 - Sent I-129F Packet thru USPS

17 August 2015 - I -797C Notice date

20 August 2015 - Received printed copy of NOA1 dated Aug 17.

2 September 2015 - APPROVED! (14 working days from receipt date)

Dec. 21-22 - Medical DONE!

Jan 11, 2016 - Interview- APPROVED!

Jan 15 - Visa ISSUED!

Jan 21 - VISA ON HAND! (8 working days from interview)

March 21 - CFO / PDOS for K2s

June 1, 2016 - POE

July 18, 2016 - Married

I am his and he is mine from this day until the end of my days..

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

OP - at what stage was the annulment process "suspended"?
As of 25 August, my fiancée attended the final hearing in her own annulment case (Bohol). We were lucky in that we had the assistance and cooperation of an ambassador friend who knows the judge well. He referred us to an attorney who is also very close with the district judge. Because our ambassador friend was appointed by President Aquino, both the judge and our attorney have worked to impress from the very beginning. This turned out to be a huge blessing considering the first attorney we hired took my money and ran (fast and far).

With that said, we are just waiting for paperwork to be completed and submitted. Is there something I should know about the OSG (post annulment)? We cleared the OSG many months ago (when the case was first filed). Did your alleged suspension come on the tail-end of the annulment process, or was it near the beginning?

MEETING

12 March 2012: Met Dyn at a coffee shop in Kuwait

Summer 2012: I returned home to the U.S. to prepare a way for Dyn

Fall 2014: Dyn returns home to Philippines after seven years in Kuwait

ANNULMENT

February 2014: Engaged while I visited Philippines

March 2014: Officially hired attorney and filed for Dyn's annulment in Bohol, Philippines

December 2015: Bohol District Court issues decision in our favor

December 2015: Judge sends transcript of his decision to OSG for processing

February 05 2016: OSG returned receipt and approval to district court in Bohol. CoF to be issued end of second week in February

February 09 2016: Dyn is presented with the Entry of Judgment and her Certificate of Finality via the local court.

February 15 2016: LCR issues annotated marriage certificate, and necessary documents are forwarded to the NSO / PSA visa LBC

April 19 2016: Received CENOMAR and Annotated MC from PSA via private courier. DONE! COMPLETE! FINISHED! OFFICIAL!

I-129F / K1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS

April 04 2016: I-129F sent to Texas Lockbox via USPS Priority Mail

April 12 2016: Email from USCIS acceptance confirmation

April 17 2016: Official NOA1 hard copy received

July 12 2016: NOA2 Approval hard copy received

July 14 2016: Post Decision Activity email from USCIS

THE LONG WAIT (USCIS misplaced approved petition)

September 16 2016: NVC received approved I-129F petition and assigns case number

INTERVIEW / MEDICAL PROCESS

October 04 2016: Day 1 of medical at SLEC in Manila

October 05 2016: Psychiatric evaluation off-site due to psychological incapacity annulment (10 hour eval with 800 question profile test)

October 13 2016: CFO Seminar completed successfully and certificate awarded (CFO stamp not issued until visa is presented).

October 20 2016: Return to SLEC complete psychological evaluation with resident psychologist (less than ten minutes)

October 21 2016: Vaccination day at SLEC (medical finally complete)

October 25 2016: Visa interview at USEM in Manila (APPROVED)

HOMECOMING

November 19 2016: Dyn's arrival at POE Dulles IAD in Washington DC

December 01 2016: Married

Timeline

When the case reaches the SolGen you don't really need to pay anything for the attorney if you paid for the annulment package, usually that how it works for lawyers, except for stamps and mailing. If the SolGen suspended her case it means they didn't grant the annulment. You need a GOOD LAWYER, they need to present the case neatly, talk to a lawyer and if there's need to refile do it in the province where there's less case going on so it's quicker, 3.5 years is a long time and the SolGen just denied it, it's a total heartbreak. Time and money goes to waste that's devastating.

I love my country but I hate the government!

OP, I know a little something about annulment processing being suspended in this manner. It was mid December 2012 and our annulment pre trial went very well, our atty told us the judge had 90 days to render a decision. After 60 days we asked our atty to follow up. We were disaponted to find out the Judge required a letter of appearance from the SGO at the pre trial. He could not start his decision process until he had it. It was the only thing he needed. Our annulment was suspended from further processing. We asked our attty to follow up with the SGO and get the letter of appearance. She said there was nothing she could do. So,,, we took matters into our own hands. Fortunately we knew a security guard at the SGO office. The security guard knew the employees who handled the release of the letter of appearance form the SGO. We THANKED our security guard friend and THANKED the SGO employees who looked into our case. We even THANKED the sheriff for hand carrying our SGO letter of appearance to the court. We got a favorable decision from the judge 90 days later.

Unless the SGO attends the pre trial and informs the judge that they will conduct a collusion investigation all that is required is a letter of appearance from the SGO. If the SGO does conduct a collusion investigation there is a time limit for them to conclude the investigation (I don't recall how long but it's not that long). In this case you need to follow up with the atty to insure things move along. Showing some GRATTITUDE to certain folks in connected places helps....

glenmar

Our K1 Timeline

August 31, 2012 ...........NOA1
April 19, 2013................NOA2

May 2, 2013...................MNL # Available

June 3, 2013..................Interview

June 18, 2013................POE Dallas

AOS Timeline

July 26, 2013.................NOA I-485

August 27, 2013............Biometrics

September 5, 2013.......Notice of Interview date (October 15)

September 30, 2013.....EAD/AP Combo card in hand.

October 15, 2013..........AOS Interview

October 22, 2013..........AOS Approved & Green Card Production Ordered

November 1, 2013........Green Card in hand!

ROC Timeline

August 12, 2015............NOA

August 31, 2015............Biometrics

March 7, 2016...............Card Production Ordered

March 11, 2016.............I55 Stamp

March 12, 2016.............Green Card in hand!

Citizenship Timeline

March 6, 2017...............NOA

March 27, 2017.............Biometrics

June 20, 2018...…………..Interview

July 13,  2018...…………..Oath Ceremony

Good post, glenmar.

OP...if you are having an issue like glenmar's issue, pay close attention to glenmar's words. That's how things roll in 'pinas.

GRATITUDE

• 3 months later...
Timeline

Can OP post an update on his (Fiance's) case? What has happened since August? Please share.

MEETING

12 March 2012: Met Dyn at a coffee shop in Kuwait

Summer 2012: I returned home to the U.S. to prepare a way for Dyn

Fall 2014: Dyn returns home to Philippines after seven years in Kuwait

ANNULMENT

February 2014: Engaged while I visited Philippines

March 2014: Officially hired attorney and filed for Dyn's annulment in Bohol, Philippines

December 2015: Bohol District Court issues decision in our favor

December 2015: Judge sends transcript of his decision to OSG for processing

February 05 2016: OSG returned receipt and approval to district court in Bohol. CoF to be issued end of second week in February

February 09 2016: Dyn is presented with the Entry of Judgment and her Certificate of Finality via the local court.

February 15 2016: LCR issues annotated marriage certificate, and necessary documents are forwarded to the NSO / PSA visa LBC

April 19 2016: Received CENOMAR and Annotated MC from PSA via private courier. DONE! COMPLETE! FINISHED! OFFICIAL!

I-129F / K1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS

April 04 2016: I-129F sent to Texas Lockbox via USPS Priority Mail

April 12 2016: Email from USCIS acceptance confirmation

April 17 2016: Official NOA1 hard copy received

July 12 2016: NOA2 Approval hard copy received

July 14 2016: Post Decision Activity email from USCIS

THE LONG WAIT (USCIS misplaced approved petition)

September 16 2016: NVC received approved I-129F petition and assigns case number

INTERVIEW / MEDICAL PROCESS

October 04 2016: Day 1 of medical at SLEC in Manila

October 05 2016: Psychiatric evaluation off-site due to psychological incapacity annulment (10 hour eval with 800 question profile test)

October 13 2016: CFO Seminar completed successfully and certificate awarded (CFO stamp not issued until visa is presented).

October 20 2016: Return to SLEC complete psychological evaluation with resident psychologist (less than ten minutes)

October 21 2016: Vaccination day at SLEC (medical finally complete)

October 25 2016: Visa interview at USEM in Manila (APPROVED)

HOMECOMING

November 19 2016: Dyn's arrival at POE Dulles IAD in Washington DC

December 01 2016: Married

I would appreciate an update also, but the OP has not been on this board since he started this thread on August 5.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.