prettygirl12

CFO PDOS-Valid ID Concerns. Please Help.

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello! I am the beneficiary of an IR2 visa and I will be going in to have my Pre Departure Orientation Seminar later this month. I am 21 years old. As what I've seen on the CFO website, I need to bring 1 government issued ID. However, I do not have any. I don't have a driver's license or any of those that they have enumerated on the site. What I do have is an unexpired NBI clearance. Would that be accepted as my gov't issued identification? Processing IDs would take months and I would have to leave soon. I live far from where the CFO locations are so I would have to take a plane and it would be much of a hassle and a waste of money also if things don't turn out ok because of one requirement. I'm attending the seminar in CFO Cebu by the way if that helps. The Cebu office is still walk in, right? Anyone's insights and experiences would be great. Thank you!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

What city do you live in?

They have a facebook account and I am sure email. Why don't you send them a email and ask them directly or call them?

Timeline

What city do you live in?

They have a facebook account and I am sure email. Why don't you send them a email and ask them directly or call them?

I live in Bacolod. Actualy I did try to call earlier and the person on the other end told me that the valid gov't issued IDs are only for spouses since he asked me who petitioned for me. I'm 21 but I was protected by the CSPA act. It's just that sometimes what they say on the phone and what they actually ask from you on the day are different. I just want to come prepared since I'll be taking a plane to Cebu. Thanks.

You do not have a passport? My wife used her passport.

I do have a passport. Will that be enough? On the site it says the passport, the visa, and 1 government issued ID...

Hello! I am the beneficiary of an IR2 visa and I will be going in to have my Pre Departure Orientation Seminar later this month. I am 21 years old. As what I've seen on the CFO website, I need to bring 1 government issued ID. However, I do not have any. I don't have a driver's license or any of those that they have enumerated on the site. What I do have is an unexpired NBI clearance. Would that be accepted as my gov't issued identification? Processing IDs would take months and I would have to leave soon. I live far from where the CFO locations are so I would have to take a plane and it would be much of a hassle and a waste of money also if things don't turn out ok because of one requirement. I'm attending the seminar in CFO Cebu by the way if that helps. The Cebu office is still walk in, right? Anyone's insights and experiences would be great. Thank you!

Passport and NBI will suffice as ID's.

There is a new online CFO scheduling found here http://gcp-appointment.cfo.gov.ph/ You must register and have an appointment to attend the PDOS session at either Manila or Cebu.

There are two steps online, the first being the appointment and the second being the registration. The first one is required. For the second one you can fill either fill the form online or fill it out with pen when you get to your appointment; either is acceptable.

The system is a little touchy and you need patience with it to get it to work. The first thing it asks is your email, and then it emails you a real link to register from. I found the link works only once. After that you can't even get a new link to your same email. You have to use a new email. Luckily for me I have 2 emails, so I used the second one the second time and got a new link. If you only have one and it won't work, try your fiancé's email. As a last resort you can go to something like Hotmail or Gmail and make a new one just for this.

If you don't have your printed visa yet don't worry. Where they ask if you have a visa already, just say no and it won't bug you any more.

As for the registration, try it. (This is not the appointment we are talking about, just the online form.) If it does not work, don't worry as you can always fill out the one they have there in pen when you get there.

Just make sure to have the required documents.

More information can be found here and here.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Passport and NBI will suffice as ID's.

There is a new online CFO scheduling found here http://gcp-appointment.cfo.gov.ph/ You must register and have an appointment to attend the PDOS session at either Manila or Cebu.

There are two steps online, the first being the appointment and the second being the registration. The first one is required. For the second one you can fill either fill the form online or fill it out with pen when you get to your appointment; either is acceptable.

The system is a little touchy and you need patience with it to get it to work. The first thing it asks is your email, and then it emails you a real link to register from. I found the link works only once. After that you can't even get a new link to your same email. You have to use a new email. Luckily for me I have 2 emails, so I used the second one the second time and got a new link. If you only have one and it won't work, try your fiancé's email. As a last resort you can go to something like Hotmail or Gmail and make a new one just for this.

If you don't have your printed visa yet don't worry. Where they ask if you have a visa already, just say no and it won't bug you any more.

As for the registration, try it. (This is not the appointment we are talking about, just the online form.) If it does not work, don't worry as you can always fill out the one they have there in pen when you get there.

Just make sure to have the required documents.

More information can be found here and here.

Thank you for this! But, I am not on fiancé or spouse visa therefore I will not be attending the guidance and counseling seminar with the certificate instead I will only be required to attend the Pre Departure Orientation Seminar. Is that still ok?

Thank you for this! But, I am not on fiancé or spouse visa therefore I will not be attending the guidance and counseling seminar with the certificate instead I will only be required to attend the Pre Departure Orientation Seminar. Is that still ok?

The requirements are the same so yes it's still OK. Good luck and safe travels.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The new system for PDOS is really confusing. I hope they fixed it before fhe roll out date

By the way guys, does the advance PDOS needs tot go through the R&R or they will accept the downloadable forms until next week?

F2A Journey for me and my Daughter

November 18, 2013 - Priority Date
November 25, 2013 - NOA1
February 06, 2014 - NOA2
March 6, 2014 - IIN through call
February 20, 2015 - Access in CEAC and DS261
February 24, 2015 - Email received from NVC, AOS invoice
February 24, 2015 - Paid AOS
February 25, 2015 - AOS payment 'in process' status
February 26, 2015 - AOS payment 'paid' status
March 8, 2015 - DS 261 approved
March 11, 2015 - IV Fee Invoice Received
March 12, 2015 - IV Fee Invoice Paid
March 14, 2015 - Sent AOS/IV Docs/Package to NVC
March 16, 2015 - NVC Scan Date
March 19, 2015 - Access to DS260
March 20, 2015 - DS260 completed
April 15, 2015 - Checklist that DS260 is not yet completed - escalated to the Supervisor
May 9, 2015 - Called NVC for status, confirmed that our case is complete, waiting for the actual letter.
May 15, 2015 - Case Complete (Received letter from NVC)

June 25, 2015 - Called NVC for update of Interview (Goodnews received)

June 30, 2015 - IL received through Email

July 06-08, 2015 - Medical - Passed :)

AUGUST 06, 2015; 6:15AM - Interview Schedule (PASSED)

August 6 -9, 2015 - CEAC Status (ISSUED)

August 10, 2015 - In Transit at 2GO online tracking

August 11, 2015 - Visa Packet received

August 12, 2015 - Pre Departure Orientation and Seminar Done (this is important for Filipinos leaving our Country)

xx xx xx - POE (San Francisco, CA)

My answere to question 1 & 2 are no. it says if you answere no to these you are not required to attend.. Is this true? Very confusing

The new system for PDOS is really confusing. I hope they fixed it before fhe roll out date

By the way guys, does the advance PDOS needs tot go through the R&R or they will accept the downloadable forms until next week?

You can follow the "old" rules until Aug 17. After 8/17 there is no getting around the new registration process.

The new system is pretty straight forward. Just answer the question and based on your answers you will be directed to the registration and forms needed for attendance.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

• 4 months later...

Hello we just got our immigrant visa under cr1. So we would need to do PDOS in order to fly? If so how come I can't find my catogory at CFO.ph. R we suppose to select under foreign slide/former Filipino citizen/devil citizen parents?? Is there a way we can skip this process?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.