mm77

No appointment times available for Bogota consular interview

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi. Is there anything one can do to get an interview time if it states that none are currently available?

I wanted to know if anyone else is waiting for an interview time in Bogota and if so how long have you been waiting?

Thanks.

There are no available appointments at this time. Please check back in a few days as the Consular Section will open more appointments.

Edited by mm77

Timeline

On the website we are all checking for interviews, it says that one function that can be done by calling the embassy is to schedule an interview. I called the embassy yesterday. The woman who answered the phone really didn't have any answers that gave me much direction as to how to make anything go more quickly. By the sound of it (It's amazing that I can have conversations with embassy employees, or NVC employees, and get off the phone with only a small amount of increased knowledge as to what exactly the process is. lol) the people answering the phones and potentially arranging interviews are looking at the same screen that we are.

I asked her if it was common to not have times available. I asked her if there was a certain day that dates are made available, in general. I asked her why there hadn't been dates available for at least 2-3 weeks. Her response was that she had at least one degree of separation from the consulate, so she did not know what was happening nor have any idea as to the rhyme or reason the consulate does what they do. It was about five minutes of conversation that wasn't quite so helpful.

Ultimately, she said the only thing that I could do is to either keep calling, or check online. So, for on last time, I asked her if there was any advantage to calling as opposed to simply checking online, which I can do from my phone. She said there was nothing more that could be done and checking online was just as effective as calling.

If you've read all of this, and then go back and read it all another three times, you will have successfully recreated my experience on the phone yesterday. :)

If anyone knows/hears different, I would love to hear. I realize the information given on the phone is not always accurate. Sadly.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

I am having a really hard time trying to schedule an appointment for my K1 Visa.

I have been waiting for almost 2 weeks now and still says "Not Appointments Available" I do not know what to do, I am being patient, but everyday I check the website and keeps in the same status. I sent emails, I made too many calls and still without any help :(

How long else should I have to wait?

Does anyone know why is this happening? Please let me know guys if anything change or see new appointments available. I will really appreciate it! :)

Blessings,

Johanna

Edited by Johanna70

Timeline

I am having a really hard time trying to schedule an appointment for my K1 Visa.

I have been waiting for almost 2 weeks now and still says "Not Appointments Available" I do not know what to do, I am being patient, but everyday I check the website and keeps in the same status. I sent emails, I made too many calls and still without any help :(

How long else should I have to wait?

Does anyone know why is this happening? Please let me know guys if anything change or see new appointments available. I will really appreciate it! :)

Blessings,

Johanna

I'm in the same boat and checking daily. What I'm gathering from these forums is that it's a common thing. That on any random day they release interview dates, so we have to keep checking daily... hourly... every other minute!

Please ppst on here if you see open interviews so those of us waiting can be notified, I will do that same.

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Check at 4pm. We waited 10 days for an interview to open up and at 4pm I logged on and there were interviews. And by 4:36 they were all booked up. So keep checking. Don't lose hope!! We almost did and right when I was about to, they opened up.

Naturalization Timeline
02/08/2022 - N-400 submitted online

02/09/2022 - status update (your case is being actively reviewed by USCIS)

02/09/2022 - letter received in online inbox - biometrics being reused, no appointment required

08/01/2022 - interview notice received

09/20/2022 - interview scheduled

APPROVED!

09/21/2022 - Oath Ceremony

09/21/2022 - Applied for passport book & card and registered to vote

10/29/2022 - received passport book (not expedited)

11/03/2022 - received passport card

Timeline

Check at 4pm. We waited 10 days for an interview to open up and at 4pm I logged on and there were interviews. And by 4:36 they were all booked up. So keep checking. Don't lose hope!! We almost did and right when I was about to, they opened up.

Also you can check during sleeping times. It will work too! 2 - 3 or 4 am.

Good luck to you too!

Thank you both - will keep refreshing and will try tonight!

Timeline

Hi Guys,

One question. Finally I got the way to pay and found ONLY one appointment available for October 16, but it will be almost imposible for me to get everything ready. I do not have more options for another day at least, late of Oct, or for the next month. Will they open more days? I am really concerned about to not have other chance to set up my apointment. if anybody knows how does it work? That would helps me a lot!

Johanna

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.