Bingopopeye2011

Ds160 online

11 posts in this topic

Hi,

we just got our approval today. I know I'll have to wait at least 2 weeks before start calling NVC. I just wonder if I could go ahead and fill out the ds160 online once I call and confirm to the consulate in hcmc that my case is there? My fiancée got her police record in June and been told it'll be good for 6 months. Is it true or she'll need a new one for the interview??? Thanks alot

Edited by Bingopopeye2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

you can check you case online: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

if the case is ready, it should take between 10-15 to reach your fiancee in Vietnam.

If you have have the HCM,,, number then you can start on the DS-160 ,,, i did .

for the police record i am not sure,,, hope the group could help...

2015-02-10 :Trip to Vietnam to celebrate Tet, meet my fiancee

2015-03-16 :Back to USA, could not file for I-129F, until my divorce paper was finalize.

2015-05-01 :Divorce paper final

2015-05-08 :Submitted I-129F to Lewisville, TX Lockbox via USPS

2015-05-13 :NOA-1 (Received official Receipt Notice from the mail)

2015-06-22 :NOA-2 (Received approval by text and email)

2015-06-26 :NOA-2 (Received official approval, Form I-797) note on the I-797, notice date 2015-06-22

2015-07-21 :Finally able to talk to NVC, got HCM#, case still in administrative review, not going to Vietnam yet.

The Police Record #2 is good for 6 months. Your fiancee is good to go since, my guess, her interview would be before December.

Congrats, btw!

Edited by frontgear

So once I got the HCM number I can go ahead and fill out the DS160 online, pay the fee and schedule for the interview even though my case is not in saigon yet??

I would recommend waiting until the consulate has received your paperwork and sent your fiancee her Packet 3 letter before paying for Visa fee and scheduling the interview.

Once you have completed the DS-160, sign up for an account on ustraveldocs.com, print the Visa deposit slip and take it to a local Post Office or HSBC branch in Vietnam to pay. Then you can schedule the interview.

Timeline

How do I pay the fee and where?? Sorry for my seperated posts

Bingo,

Slow down and do the follow, I just when through what you are asking.

1. check for your HCM status at https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

2. if it show ready ,, example 4aug2015, your fiancee will get the confirmation paper in 10-14days

- in the letter it would point you to http://photos.state.gov/libraries/hochiminh/231771/PDFs/K-INSTRUCTION.pdf

3. in the mean time you can create and login to complete the DS160 and print out.

4. at the same time you can create an account at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in prepare for your fiance to confirm that she got the letter.

5. once confirmation from your fiancee, complete http://www.ustraveldocs.com/,, and print out visa payment, she can paid at the local post office in Vietnam,

6. After about 24-48 hours, your should get an email that payment is receive and you can log back into http://www.ustraveldocs.com/to schedule the interview.

7. have your fiancee print out the interview confirmation, and follow the instruction , to get medical exam. ... this is we are at.

By the way ,, we are schedule for interview on 18 sep 2015. wish me luck and pray for us.

2015-02-10 :Trip to Vietnam to celebrate Tet, meet my fiancee

2015-03-16 :Back to USA, could not file for I-129F, until my divorce paper was finalize.

2015-05-01 :Divorce paper final

2015-05-08 :Submitted I-129F to Lewisville, TX Lockbox via USPS

2015-05-13 :NOA-1 (Received official Receipt Notice from the mail)

2015-06-22 :NOA-2 (Received approval by text and email)

2015-06-26 :NOA-2 (Received official approval, Form I-797) note on the I-797, notice date 2015-06-22

2015-07-21 :Finally able to talk to NVC, got HCM#, case still in administrative review, not going to Vietnam yet.

Folks,

According to the other timeline. I think the consulate will still send packet 3 to my fiancée and she'll have to return it back to the consulate once she's done. Is this correct? My fiancée is in DongNai and about two months ago they just got their address changed by law. So which address should I put in the DS-160? Because her household register book still remain the same. Thanks

Timeline

The address is where you want them to send the passport back to you at. You can change it anytime. I had to change it a couple times.

I also recommend emailing the embassy and having them email you the packet-3. Oh, by the way, they will just send you this link: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/hochiminh/231771/PDFs/K-INSTRUCTION.pdf

I-129F Sent: 9-19-2014

I-129F Received: 9-23-2014

NOA1 - 9-26-2014

ARN Change Notification: 9-29-2014

NOA2 - 5-1-2015

Case sent to NVC - 5-11-2015

NVC Received - 5-19-2015

Medical/Immunizations - 6-3-2015

Interview Approved - 8-5-2015

POI: IAD 8-28-2015

SSN: 10-19-2015

Wedding: 10-24-2015

I think the consulate will still send packet 3 to my fiancée and she'll have to return it back to the consulate once she's done. Is this correct?

That is correct. The consulate will send her the Packet 3 and the docs that she needs to send to the consulate for pre-interview processing are listed in the K1 Instructions Package, which is linked to by pfrederiksen above.

Edited by frontgear

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.