Debmm

K1 Visa South Africa filers 2015

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hi everyone! I am a complete newbie to this site, and still very green on this process, even though I have spent a ton of time browsing this forum! I think I've read so much that the information is there, it's just jumbled at the moment!

I am from Durban and a recent November filer. I am waiting of my NOA2. I look forward to following this thread and see how everyone progresses!

Thanks for starting this.

Hi everyone! I am a complete newbie to this site, and still very green on this process, even though I have spent a ton of time browsing this forum! I think I've read so much that the information is there, it's just jumbled at the moment!

I am from Durban and a recent November filer. I am waiting of my NOA2. I look forward to following this thread and see how everyone progresses!

Hi, welcome.

There is quite a bit of information on this site but some are also country specific. Feel free to ask if you have any questions, this process can be frustrating and overwhelming.

Good luck :)

Hi, welcome.

There is quite a bit of information on this site but some are also country specific. Feel free to ask if you have any questions, this process can be frustrating and overwhelming.

Hi, welcome.

ROC

Timeline

Does anyone by chance have a number to contact the consulate. We keep getting an automated response in email and the phone number we have won't connect. It's been over two weeks and our status still says in transit and I'm terrified it's somehow lost!! And I want to just talk to a person that can help.

Timeline

Does anyone by chance have a number to contact the consulate. We keep getting an automated response in email and the phone number we have won't connect. It's been over two weeks and our status still says in transit and I'm terrified it's somehow lost!! And I want to just talk to a person that can help.

We finally got our packet 3 today and my fiance is a bit worried and I was just hoping for some clarification, he does not need his medical exam before replaying to them that we have all the required documents? He was also wondering does anyone know of a doctor that is approved near Durban? Or is there a website that we can check where they are located to contact them? That would be so helpful! I saw the two doctors listed on the consulate page but is that really all there are in the country?! He only has the police clearance and the medical left everything else he has completed can we notify them that we are all set and get our date? Please and thank you for any and all help!

We finally got our packet 3 today and my fiance is a bit worried and I was just hoping for some clarification, he does not need his medical exam before replaying to them that we have all the required documents? He was also wondering does anyone know of a doctor that is approved near Durban? Or is there a website that we can check where they are located to contact them? That would be so helpful! I saw the two doctors listed on the consulate page but is that really all there are in the country?! He only has the police clearance and the medical left everything else he has completed can we notify them that we are all set and get our date? Please and thank you for any and all help!

Great news.

No he does not need to have done his medical before replying. He can reply once he has his police clearance and then they will give him an interview date. It is important to have all your documents before replying. The police clearance can take some time (took mine 2 months), so definitely wait till you have it in hand before replying.

Unfortunately he has to go to the doctors listed. He will have to choose between Cape Town and Johannesburg. These are the only 2 doctors in the country who are licenced to work with the U.S. Consulate. If he goes to any other doctor it won't be accepted. He will need his confirmation letter (Packet 4) to be able to make an appointment.

ROC

Timeline

Do you have any information on the medical exam part? Could it all be done in one day or is it longer and how much does it usually cost as well. Do they give you the results or do they send them to the consulate? I just want to make sure it is done in time for the date and it won't delay it for some reason them not getting the results.

Do you have any information on the medical exam part? Could it all be done in one day or is it longer and how much does it usually cost as well. Do they give you the results or do they send them to the consulate? I just want to make sure it is done in time for the date and it won't delay it for some reason them not getting the results.

It seems to be different for some people. I can only say from my experience in Cape Town, it could be different in Johannesburg. I had mine done in one day.

I was with the doctor from 9:30 until about 11:00 then went to get my x-rays done at the medi-clinic. The xrays took a while but i was done by 2pm, went back to the doctor the same day with my xrays and then finally went home at about 3pm. You can take your xrays back the next day but i wanted to do it all in one day.

You should have it down atleast 2 weeks before your interview, no less, to allow for test and postage i think. I was only given my xrays and vaccination sheet for the POE, they send your results to the embassy.

ROC

Timeline

Can anyone else help me weigh in on the police clearance aspect? My fiance had his done through a company, his sisters work, and it says no previous convictions but is there anything else that it needs. I am afraid that without a signature of official police signature it will not be accepted, I am not sure how it works in South Africa and if all clearances are the same. He had fingerprints taken and just want to make sure that it will be okay if it is through a company and not the actual police department.

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi everyone, does anyone know with regards to the US consulate in JHB, if we have a say/any input as to when our interview date at the consulate will be? Say for example they set an interview date that we cannot attend, do we get to negotiate another date?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Timeline

http://unabridgedcertificates.com/police-clearance-certificates/

Has anyone worked with this company or heard of them good or bad. We aren't sure they promise a quicker clearance certificate.

Any insight would be amazing!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.