37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I might be unpopular for saying this but as I read articles on this forum about these horrific examples I think the problem lies in the US citizen seeking love abroad when they typically have difficulties in relationships domestically and then fall for bad intentioned girls or guys that take advantage of desperation, weekness or lonliness.

That said, relationships are difficult for anyone. One can find examples of sucessful, handsome even famous individuals that enter into mariages where it late becomes a nightmare. So no one is immune to marital tragedy.

Yet, I think many men or women who have issues finding love seek their mates elswhere from cultures they do not understand and then do not properly develop a relationship. A woman or man in a dire situation will work that American citizen with lies, fabricated affection and illusions where that individual seeking love will easily fall for and then their taken for a ride.

I found my fiancee in Colombia where many men have had their fair share of problems with Colombian woman. Yet I dated my fiancee for three years, I lived with her in Colombia, I have developed a relationship with her and her parents, I speak the language and have gone through enough with her to see her behavior in different situations. I also would not have dated a girl with the desire to live in America or see America as a utopia. I would only think seriously of a girl who had a stable living and family situation and had no need to come to America or desire to, that if she came to America it would be for the purpose of being with her significant other. Also I did not look for women on a site, I was traveling to Colombia for business and had made friends organically. Not everyone will have the opportunity to regularly travel an area but onle should at least know the language and culture of the area. One must also self assess your own situation with relationship and honestly reflect on your personal history with the opposite sex and own abilities domestically because if you think the answer is abroad and you match up with the wrong one then your open to some future pain and spent a lot more money then what you could have found in the states.

Ding ding ding, I think you hit the nail on the head. I always suggest to my friends they give it a year in their country first. And I strongly suggest they avoid dating sites. Any relationship is hard work, and in the end they don't always work out. Regardless of the situation life goes on. I would think a lot of these situation are pretty obvious, and people are putting blinders on. I had a hard time convincing my wife to come to the U.S., she didn't want to leave her family behind and she still sometimes gets in her homesick moods. I can't be too mad if someday she wants to move back. I definitely could have met a girl and married here in the states, but my requirements made it so about 1/10 girls I would date are automatically out because their parents were divorced. Plus I have a hard enough time dealing with my family I would hate to have a whole other family to deal with, on the other side of the globe is a really nice place for the in laws.

Filed: Timeline

I agree, I spent 3 years in her country to "stress test" the relationship.

I-129F Mailed: Aug 16, 2013 | Interview at Embassy Jan 24, 2014

K-1 VISA IN HAND: March 6, 2014

I-485 Mailed: June 20, 2014 | NPIW: October 15, 2014 | Welcome Letter: June 23, 2015

2 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: June 26, 2015

I-751 Mailed: March 20, 2017 | Approval Letter: February 24, 2018

10 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: March 23, 2018

N-400 Filed Online: March 20, 2018

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i hate to read this kind of stories , i hope you win your case against her , you should have been more careful since she asked you to bring her brother here.

good luck

Here is My TimeLine for my VisaJourney :

Note : This is a US.Citizen applying for relatives category

• Service Center : Vermont Service Center
  • Consulate : Morocco
  • Marriage (if applicable):
  • I-130 Sent : 2014-11-16
  • I-130 NOA1 : 2014-11-23
  • I-130 RFE : 2015-03-26
  • I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-03-30
  • I-130 Approved : 2015-04-16
  • NVC Received : 2015-05-04
  • Assigned Case Number : 2015-05-14
  • Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-05-19
  • Pay AOS Bill : 2015-05-29
  • Send AOS Package : 2015-05-27
  • Receive I-864 Package : 2015-05-14
  • Submit DS-261 : 2015-05-28 ( The website was down for almost 3 weeks , no one was able to log in )
  • Send IV Package : 2015-05-27
  • Checklist: 26 June 2015 [ Non-submission of DS 260] i was not able to submit it due to the website issue ]
  • Submit DS-260 05 July 2015
  • Case Completed 05 August 2015
  • Interview scheduled on 9/11/2015
  • Interview shceduled for 10/14/2015
  • Interview Status : Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I might be unpopular for saying this but as I read articles on this forum about these horrific examples I think the problem lies in the US citizen seeking love abroad when they typically have difficulties in relationships domestically and then fall for bad intentioned girls or guys that take advantage of desperation, weekness or lonliness.

That said, relationships are difficult for anyone. One can find examples of sucessful, handsome even famous individuals that enter into mariages where it late becomes a nightmare. So no one is immune to marital tragedy.

Yet, I think many men or women who have issues finding love seek their mates elswhere from cultures they do not understand and then do not properly develop a relationship. A woman or man in a dire situation will work that American citizen with lies, fabricated affection and illusions where that individual seeking love will easily fall for and then their taken for a ride.

I found my fiancee in Colombia where many men have had their fair share of problems with Colombian woman. Yet I dated my fiancee for three years, I lived with her in Colombia, I have developed a relationship with her and her parents, I speak the language and have gone through enough with her to see her behavior in different situations. I also would not have dated a girl with the desire to live in America or see America as a utopia. I would only think seriously of a girl who had a stable living and family situation and had no need to come to America or desire to, that if she came to America it would be for the purpose of being with her significant other. Also I did not look for women on a site, I was traveling to Colombia for business and had made friends organically. Not everyone will have the opportunity to regularly travel an area but onle should at least know the language and culture of the area. One must also self assess your own situation with relationship and honestly reflect on your personal history with the opposite sex and own abilities domestically because if you think the answer is abroad and you match up with the wrong one then your open to some future pain and spent a lot more money then what you could have found in the states.

i agree with what you said

Here is My TimeLine for my VisaJourney :

Note : This is a US.Citizen applying for relatives category

• Service Center : Vermont Service Center
  • Consulate : Morocco
  • Marriage (if applicable):
  • I-130 Sent : 2014-11-16
  • I-130 NOA1 : 2014-11-23
  • I-130 RFE : 2015-03-26
  • I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-03-30
  • I-130 Approved : 2015-04-16
  • NVC Received : 2015-05-04
  • Assigned Case Number : 2015-05-14
  • Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-05-19
  • Pay AOS Bill : 2015-05-29
  • Send AOS Package : 2015-05-27
  • Receive I-864 Package : 2015-05-14
  • Submit DS-261 : 2015-05-28 ( The website was down for almost 3 weeks , no one was able to log in )
  • Send IV Package : 2015-05-27
  • Checklist: 26 June 2015 [ Non-submission of DS 260] i was not able to submit it due to the website issue ]
  • Submit DS-260 05 July 2015
  • Case Completed 05 August 2015
  • Interview scheduled on 9/11/2015
  • Interview shceduled for 10/14/2015
  • Interview Status : Approved

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

And no prenup anyone... I couldn't afford the lawyer fees. Her ring was only like $800 because I was that broke at time of marriage.

Saddest part is that even knowing I am being accused of basically rape for our whole marriage; I know why she is doing it so I still love her. She has strangled me, smiled at me and claimed she was seeing other people, put her brother between us (he actually is a brother after digging because he showed up and so did a diamond ring on the Russian marriage finger so we thought not)... but absolutely gorgeous, 5 year degree, would even pull weeds in the yard with my mother but the worst temper I have ever seen in my life.

I have a good lawyer. She is one of the best at HELPING a woman like my wife and I think it is a love/hate relationship.

Opposing lawyer is more the problem. Ruthless. There is 0 give. Literally they turn over the house and not the keys. They file papers and never give them to my lawyers. I found out about my RO not by being served or the lawyer but because of my eviction on wife's brother. (Commuting 300 miles a day and wife's lawyer tried say I was avoiding being served when I called the police even though number was not on paper they left at address I was not living at to tell them where I was at. They will not tell you anything except have papers for you.)

I hope your lawyer has filed tonnes o stuff with the court since you last posted.

No, don't reply back, as you never know who is reading this stuff.

And I do hope the judge has gotten stuff awarded back to you, by now; if'n you had the right lawyer, the court calendar not matter.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I regularly see numerous ads on the margin when I log in to VJ.. most are about Russian or Asian single girls seeking American men. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand their motivation.

What that tells me.. stay away from them.

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

• 2 weeks later...

sorry guys but California is communtiy property state / if he can prove fraud, he has a chance. But as soon as he married, he shares all he owns.

That is why actors in Hollywood have prenubs

Only property aquired during the marrriage is considered community property in CA.

Edited by Mountain Climber

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.