37 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

TBoneTX: I plan to but saying I was going to turn her in by text message is the basis for the DV restraining order on me thanks to my Hayward Judge.

Juanchoponcho: She does UNLESS she is the victim of Domestic Violence which is why the false claim is being used against me: she has 0 other basis and even requests me to pay for her CPA license because that would help her get a H1B.

Miss M: She has no right but that doesn't stop them from fighting in court and costing me a fortune. Literally my lawyer and hers traded 20 emails on what the court order of "excellent condition" meant. Eventually I jumped in and told them to just call it good because $350/hr was costing me more than fixing the place. I took the skillsaw, etc. when I left

Edited by Penguin_ie

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

And no prenup anyone... I couldn't afford the lawyer fees. Her ring was only like $800 because I was that broke at time of marriage.

Saddest part is that even knowing I am being accused of basically rape for our whole marriage; I know why she is doing it so I still love her. She has strangled me, smiled at me and claimed she was seeing other people, put her brother between us (he actually is a brother after digging because he showed up and so did a diamond ring on the Russian marriage finger so we thought not)... but absolutely gorgeous, 5 year degree, would even pull weeds in the yard with my mother but the worst temper I have ever seen in my life.

I have a good lawyer. She is one of the best at HELPING a woman like my wife and I think it is a love/hate relationship.

Opposing lawyer is more the problem. Ruthless. There is 0 give. Literally they turn over the house and not the keys. They file papers and never give them to my lawyers. I found out about my RO not by being served or the lawyer but because of my eviction on wife's brother. (Commuting 300 miles a day and wife's lawyer tried say I was avoiding being served when I called the police even though number was not on paper they left at address I was not living at to tell them where I was at. They will not tell you anything except have papers for you.)

Edited by Penguin_ie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I personally think you brought this on yourself, there was many stages along the way it was obvious there was a problem. I'm pretty sure you don't have kids, get over it and move on. File for divorce, tell USCIS what you think is going on. You are still rapped around her finger, and it shows. Gofundme should be for cancer or something serious, you're having relationship problems which you brought on by being pushed around by your wife and most likely trying to push back. You need to get rid of your lawyer, and file for divorce! Never speak to her again. There's plenty of fish in the sea, yours happens to be a shark.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

When did you marry? Right now she should still be under the 2 years conditional residency. If the marriage doesn't last 2 years then her conditional residency is void, no?

She has to leave the country if you divorce her. Anyway that is how I thought it worked.

no. sorry. please be certain of facts on the RoC process before making such a claim as this,

and an active topic is not the place to speculate.

Sorry.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** several posts edited for bad language and asking for money. ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Funny how people complain the government doesn't protect them from fraudsters when they are the one who did their best to convince the government their relationship was real.

Anybody can be played for a fool sometimes.

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello,

Forgive me if this is the wrong section but it might be a great warning for all who are thinking about bringing this person they love to the U.S. and the complications that arose. Please move it if necessary.

I brought the woman I later married to the U.S. in January 2014. I was in the process of buying a house and was not able to close before her K1 would be up so we got married during escrow. She signed a quitclaim. She came with nothing but $1000 and a suitcase.

Immediately the issue of being away from her family came up. I helped her explore ALL legal avenues of getting her brother here but her disappointment turned to rage in which I was the scapegoat. Soon, this turned to very bad plans of her brother and his wife divorcing and plans to marry Americans for money. They had plans to write a book about the Ukraine conflict, go to Russia and pay for a bad news story on the book and return the brother to the US to claim Asylum even. 6 months of my 11 month marriage were with her brother on my couch and even after reporting him to ICE for being violent with me and working illegally, they let him back into the country for court where I was suing him for unlawful detainer which was countered with false claims of abuse and a restraining order.

Ny wife that has a minor in translating has a translator in court. A restraining order for reporting someone to ICE. That is insane! I have binders full of phone records, he opened a bank account and deposited his pay every week, applied for a CA drivers license under AB60, etc. Our court system kept me out of my home for 4 months. Homeless and because the car I was driving broke and my wife refused to turn over the other 2, carless. Her brother needed a car to drive after all. Court finally gave me one back and she had broken it down. I know the brother worked until the last day he was here because my first load of laundry I was pulling electricians caps out of the dryer. I have had to commute 300 miles a day as a result of this for 4 months!

The US government will not protect you from a fraudulent K1 wife. FYI. I am now in court at around $20k lawyer fees and $20k marital debt from only 11 months! We haven't even gotten to the fact she is going after premarital cars, my home and everything. I'm about to lose my home and job if she obtains this BS restraining order that is literally only: I chewed her out for changing the address on every bank account, removing me from my own car/home insurance and when I finally got the house back she even left the fish dead on the counter, etc.

Life sucks and I would seriously reconsider a K1 visa. I had nothing and thought I could lose nothing but not in the US "justice" system.

IT dude Chris (original poster),

I state my following experience so that others can learn and benefit from these type of Eastern European women. Seldom do I talk about my 14 year (1995-2008) marriage to a Russian woman but if it helps just one person stay clear then so be it.

What I have learned and experienced in my many travels to Russia and married to a EU woman for years:

1. Before anyone considers an EU woman you must have at least some basic understanding of the Ukrainian/Russian soul (i.e. what drives and motivates them).

2. Know that they are raised to reason and process thoughts much differently than Americans. Their life experiences are completely different than our life. They look the same (i.e. white skin & light eyes) but it is their EU soul that is something we do not understand, and never will.

3. Their stubbornness comes from a thousand years of hard life in the general mindset of the average EU woman. It is their survival method attuned to hold their position so not an ounce of perceived weakness is seen. Our American style of being nice and polite is perceived as a weakness to EU women. I am embarrassed to admit but this alone took me 10 years to understand and grasp.

4. In almost 20 years knowing many EU women (both single and married) and EU families and EU friends, with 14 of those years being married to a Russian, I have seen the family dynamics that goes beyond reason. For many years it was as though I was living in the Twilight movies.

5. Before you marry you must have at least a basic grasps of the Russian language. Without this there is no way to communicate the thoughts and feelings that are needed to sustain a meaningful relationship with a EU woman.

6. Over a period of over 18 years I have personally known about 25-30 marriages of American men to EU woman and out of the bunch maybe 2 have survived. Very bad odds. Why? It can be summed up as unmet expectations and no understanding of the EU soul.

I could go on but again knowledge is power. I am not biter matter-of-fact I stay in contact with my ex-Russian wife. The known and unknown difference are too many. Period. There is a reason why the majority of EU men are alcoholics, not only the awful bitter freezing cold winters but the harshness of their wife's (often with mothers, brothers and family in tow). It is their means of survival. Heck, when you understand their history who can blame them.

Good luck to you.

PS. IMHO there was no scam or bad justice involved rather this is the EU way. Just life and their ingrained survival method working, nothing more and nothing less.

--------------------------------K-1----------------------------
October 1, 2011 Mailed I-129F Application
October 7, 20122 Notice Date of NOA 1
February 15, 2012 Received Hard Copy of Approved NOA 2
March 8, 2012 Rec email Pacs 3/4 US Embassy in Bogota
March 29, 2012 Scheduled Interview
June 7, 2012 Interview APPROVED!

------------------------------Arrival @ LAX-----------------------------
July 27, 2012 Arrived POE @ LAX
October 21, 2012 Married (L) (L)

------------------------------AOS----------------------------------
April 20, 2013 Mailed AOS package

April 29, 2013 AOS NOA

May 22, 2013 Biometric date

June 7, 2013 NOA, rec. interview date for 7-16-13

June 18, 2013 EAD/AP Approved

June 29, 2013 Rec. in mail EAD/AP combo card

July 8, 2013 AOS process on HOLD, interview canceled unsure.png as wife returned to Colombia on medical emergency!

Oct. 17, 2013 AOS Interview re-schedule to November 20, 2013

Nov. 1, 2013 Rec. Notice from USCIS that 11-20-13 interview "due to unforseen circumstances" has been CANCELED. girlwerewolf2xn.gif

December 18, 2013 Rec. notice that AOS interview has been re-scheduled for January 17, 2014 (we will see)

January 17, 2014 Interview and AOS was APPROVED! dancin5hr.gif

January 27, 2014 Received GREEN CARD in mail! kicking.gif

-----------------------ROC----------------------

December 23, 2015 ROC Mailed I-751 to CSC

December 30, 2015 ROC NOA1

January 25, 2016 ROC Bio appointment

May 26, 2016 Approved!

June 4, 2016 - Received 10-year PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD in mail! :thumbs:

-----------------------CITIZENSHIP------------------

November 16, 2016 Mailed

November 19, 2016 NOA date

December 13, 2016 Biometrics

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

sorry guys but California is communtiy property state / if he can prove fraud, he has a chance. But as soon as he married, he shares all he owns.
That is why actors in Hollywood have prenubs

sorry guys but California is communtiy property state / if he can prove fraud, he has a chance. But as soon as he married, he shares all he owns.

That is why actors in Hollywood have prenubs

True, but inheritance is excluded from community property by CA law. OP said the home was bought with money from a premarital inheritance. He might be able to recover it.

Consulate: South Africa
Married: 2011-06-25
I-130 Sent: 2011-07-22
I-130 NOA1: 2011-07-25
I-130 Approved: 2011-07-27
Receive I-864 Package: 2011-11-10
Return Completed I-864: 2011-11-14
Packet 3 Received: 2011-11-10
Packet 3 Sent: 2011-11-10
Packet 4 Received: 2011-11-15
Interview Date: 2011-11-30
Interview Result: Approved
Visa Received: 2011-12-06
US Entry: 2012-01-11
Port of Entry: San Francisco

ROC I-751 Filed: 2013-12-19

NOA1: 2013-12-23

Biometrics: 2014-01-16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

IT dude Chris (original poster),

I state my following experience so that others can learn and benefit from these type of Eastern European women. Seldom do I talk about my 14 year (1995-2008) marriage to a Russian woman but if it helps just one person stay clear then so be it.

What I have learned and experienced in my many travels to Russia and married to a EU woman for years:

1. Before anyone considers an EU woman you must have at least some basic understanding of the Ukrainian/Russian soul (i.e. what drives and motivates them).

2. Know that they are raised to reason and process thoughts much differently than Americans. Their life experiences are completely different than our life. They look the same (i.e. white skin & light eyes) but it is their EU soul that is something we do not understand, and never will.

3. Their stubbornness comes from a thousand years of hard life in the general mindset of the average EU woman. It is their survival method attuned to hold their position so not an ounce of perceived weakness is seen. Our American style of being nice and polite is perceived as a weakness to EU women. I am embarrassed to admit but this alone took me 10 years to understand and grasp.

4. In almost 20 years knowing many EU women (both single and married) and EU families and EU friends, with 14 of those years being married to a Russian, I have seen the family dynamics that goes beyond reason. For many years it was as though I was living in the Twilight movies.

5. Before you marry you must have at least a basic grasps of the Russian language. Without this there is no way to communicate the thoughts and feelings that are needed to sustain a meaningful relationship with a EU woman.

6. Over a period of over 18 years I have personally known about 25-30 marriages of American men to EU woman and out of the bunch maybe 2 have survived. Very bad odds. Why? It can be summed up as unmet expectations and no understanding of the EU soul.

I could go on but again knowledge is power. I am not biter matter-of-fact I stay in contact with my ex-Russian wife. The known and unknown difference are too many. Period. There is a reason why the majority of EU men are alcoholics, not only the awful bitter freezing cold winters but the harshness of their wife's (often with mothers, brothers and family in tow). It is their means of survival. Heck, when you understand their history who can blame them.

Good luck to you.

PS. IMHO there was no scam or bad justice involved rather this is the EU way. Just life and their ingrained survival method working, nothing more and nothing less.

I agree with a lot of what you have to say, but the same thing could be said for a lot of different countries. And I've met Russian girls who are super sweet and totally go against what I consider to be a normal EU. I'm assuming your wife now is Colombian, which I would advise just as much caution. That is the only country I have really stayed away from in the past as far as dating girls from there. EU women don't really hide their intentions, they are pretty straight forward usually. Colombians are the opposite. Now obviously this isn't every single one, I have a buddy married to a great Colombian girl but she was from a small island which might have helped. In the end any male or female can be problematic, I think there were plenty of signs and the OP should just move on and forget about it. I could go through and make my ex look like a nightmare and call a bunch of government agencies and report her, but at the end of the day I'm not going to feel any better and it will suck me up into the drama.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I might be unpopular for saying this but as I read articles on this forum about these horrific examples I think the problem lies in the US citizen seeking love abroad when they typically have difficulties in relationships domestically and then fall for bad intentioned girls or guys that take advantage of desperation, weekness or lonliness.

That said, relationships are difficult for anyone. One can find examples of sucessful, handsome even famous individuals that enter into mariages where it late becomes a nightmare. So no one is immune to marital tragedy.

Yet, I think many men or women who have issues finding love seek their mates elswhere from cultures they do not understand and then do not properly develop a relationship. A woman or man in a dire situation will work that American citizen with lies, fabricated affection and illusions where that individual seeking love will easily fall for and then their taken for a ride.

I found my fiancee in Colombia where many men have had their fair share of problems with Colombian woman. Yet I dated my fiancee for three years, I lived with her in Colombia, I have developed a relationship with her and her parents, I speak the language and have gone through enough with her to see her behavior in different situations. I also would not have dated a girl with the desire to live in America or see America as a utopia. I would only think seriously of a girl who had a stable living and family situation and had no need to come to America or desire to, that if she came to America it would be for the purpose of being with her significant other. Also I did not look for women on a site, I was traveling to Colombia for business and had made friends organically. Not everyone will have the opportunity to regularly travel an area but onle should at least know the language and culture of the area. One must also self assess your own situation with relationship and honestly reflect on your personal history with the opposite sex and own abilities domestically because if you think the answer is abroad and you match up with the wrong one then your open to some future pain and spent a lot more money then what you could have found in the states.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.