58 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jelena:

I just googled Serbia medical radiation requirements. At first glance it seems they do have equipment calibration, quality assurance, and dosimetry there. If you are truly still worried I will do more Serbia researching for you when I can get to a PC. PM me if you want.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Yes women can get x-rays during pregnancy if they just the lead jacket but it should still be avoided and only used when a woman's life is in danger. Have you asked them if you can decide not to have it done and they can just write down that you're pregnant? They can't force you to do it.

Timeline

You are probably right, I agree with you that is different from country to country.

Did you have to do x-rays after u had baby? Where did u have baby? In America or in Sweden?

No I never did the x-rays. I had the baby in Sweden two months before we moved over so they could have asked me to do the x-ray after but they never did and it has never been mentioned by anyone'

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Timeline

And why I said that it varies from country to country is that I never asked not to have the x-ray while pregnant. In Sweden that just isn't done for this purpose if you are pregnant. Now I'm sure that this has been decided together with the embassy or whomever and that's why it wasn't an issue.

Email the embassy in your country or one of the approved doctors and ask

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I heard that they do a pregnancy test before u do x rays but maybe i heard wrong. What month are you now?

I'm at the very beginning ..i've been in week 2 or 3 that time so ..the time u don't look for it or think on it

Our Story

I'm the benificary

First met: August 23rd 2013 (F)
Engaged: November 13th 2014 :wub:
I-129f sent: March 20th 2015
Received by USICS: March 25th 2015
Mail notification + Case accepted and routed to CSC:
March 27th 2015

NOA1 hard Copy received: April 4th 2015 :dancing:

Mail notification - Petition Approved NOA2: May 8th 2015

B-) NOA2 hard Copy received: May 15th 2015 :thumbs::dance:

Called NVC & Received Case NR: May 29th 2015 :thumbs:

At NVC: Since 21th May 2015

Stuck at AP :clock:

left NVC/ In Transit to Frankfurt: 3rd June 2015 :dancing:

Ready at Embassy Frankfurt: 5th June 2015 :wow:

Packet 3 received: 11th June 2015

DS-160 Submitted: 16th June 2015

Fee paid: 18th June 2015

Package 3 sent: 13th July 2015

Ready to schedule Interview: 16th July 2015
Medical passed: 21st July 2015

Interview: 5th August 2015 :star: -> Approved

POE: 27th August 2015

Date of Marriage: 3rd September 2015 (L):luv:

:energy::energy::energy: :energy: :energy::energy:

AOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

That is weird.

Ya that is correct a glass of red wine to start the "contraction" and getting the body ready for the "heavy work"

Our Story

I'm the benificary

First met: August 23rd 2013 (F)
Engaged: November 13th 2014 :wub:
I-129f sent: March 20th 2015
Received by USICS: March 25th 2015
Mail notification + Case accepted and routed to CSC:
March 27th 2015

NOA1 hard Copy received: April 4th 2015 :dancing:

Mail notification - Petition Approved NOA2: May 8th 2015

B-) NOA2 hard Copy received: May 15th 2015 :thumbs::dance:

Called NVC & Received Case NR: May 29th 2015 :thumbs:

At NVC: Since 21th May 2015

Stuck at AP :clock:

left NVC/ In Transit to Frankfurt: 3rd June 2015 :dancing:

Ready at Embassy Frankfurt: 5th June 2015 :wow:

Packet 3 received: 11th June 2015

DS-160 Submitted: 16th June 2015

Fee paid: 18th June 2015

Package 3 sent: 13th July 2015

Ready to schedule Interview: 16th July 2015
Medical passed: 21st July 2015

Interview: 5th August 2015 :star: -> Approved

POE: 27th August 2015

Date of Marriage: 3rd September 2015 (L):luv:

:energy::energy::energy: :energy: :energy::energy:

AOS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am an X-ray Technologist. This post is totally true and correct. I X-ray pregnant woman all the time. Just did a CT Scan on a pregnant woman yesterday. You can ask to be double shielded. (2 lead aprons to cover your abdomen). In a single PA view (and even if they do a second lateral view) the radiation won't even touch the baby.

The main concern about X-ray radiation during pregnancy is during the first trimester when the baby's organs are still developing or repeated X-rays. Your beyond that point now and one or two view chest ray is fairly lose dose radiation. You probably get more radiation standing by the microwave. If they allow you the option of not having the CXR then great but if not....Don't worry your baby will be fine!

I am glad someone with more direct-related experience could chime in.. Thank you for contributing valuable medical knowledge.

PETITION I-130

1/2/2015 - Petition sent to Phoenix Lockbox

1/6/2015 - NOA #1 Receipt

7/1/2015 - NOA #2 Approved

7/10/2015 - Email from Nebraska stating sent the case to NVC

NVC

7/16/15 - Case Received by NVC

7/30/15 - Case number assigned

8/3/15 - DS-261 Agent available

8/4/15 - DS-261 Agent completed

8/4/15 - AOS fee available & paid

8/6/15 - Check cleared the bank & bar-code cover sheet now available

8/13/15 - AOS Packet & IV Packet sent to NVC by priority mail

8/15/15 - IV fee available & paid same day

8/17/15 - NVC received package

8/19/15 - Check cleared the bank & DS-260 available & DS-260 completed!!! ALSO, we received email notification from NVC that they received package on 8/17

- Case completed at NVC

- Case sent to Embassy on this date

EMBASSY

- Embassy received packet

- Wife received Packet 3/4 Instructions

- Medical appointment

- Interview

Point of Entry

- Enter Austin, Texas

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

I'm at the very beginning ..i've been in week 2 or 3 that time so ..the time u don't look for it or think on it

Did you go to doctor yet, what they say, is your baby fine?

Timeline

And why I said that it varies from country to country is that I never asked not to have the x-ray while pregnant. In Sweden that just isn't done for this purpose if you are pregnant. Now I'm sure that this has been decided together with the embassy or whomever and that's why it wasn't an issue.

Email the embassy in your country or one of the approved doctors and ask

Yes, but i don't think it's fair, all pregnant woman should be treated same no matter in what country.You are lucky, I hope I can pass x-rays.

Timeline

Yes women can get x-rays during pregnancy if they just the lead jacket but it should still be avoided and only used when a woman's life is in danger. Have you asked them if you can decide not to have it done and they can just write down that you're pregnant? They can't force you to do it.

I know that, and my life is not in denger, I have to do this only because they want me too, and I know that they don't care for my baby or me, they just want to make sure that i don't have lung disease which I can spread in America. Yes they told me that I have right not to do it and they can write down im pregnant, but that might effect on vissa approval. I am very stressednow, people have very different opinions about x-rays, radiologist from America says its safe, while pople here say it can couse real harm to baby, and my fiance want me to have baby in America not in my country.... it's hard decision for me :(

Timeline

Jelena:

I just googled Serbia medical radiation requirements. At first glance it seems they do have equipment calibration, quality assurance, and dosimetry there. If you are truly still worried I will do more Serbia researching for you when I can get to a PC. PM me if you want.

Thank you, i been searching on googl too, but I didn't find nothing about Serbia, i found information that for llung x-rays its used 0,2 or 0,7 mrd and over 7 rad is harmful. Is that true?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi everyone,

ATTN swedish members

My wife is still waiting for CC at NVC, the only requirement is DS260 which I did almost 30days ago.

what are the medical requirements in Sweden ? My wife has her year of 2012 immunization record MMR and Tdap, is it still acceptable ?

Anyone in sweden knows if the clinic in Malmo is still active cos she lives in Helsingborg city which is closest.

Thanks

USCIS

6/3/2014 - I-130 Sent   6/10/2014 - Received NOA1   7/10/2014 - Received NOA2    11/10/2014 - Called USCIS for status

12/10/2014 - Result back with case pending due to Security Check    1/10/2015 - Called USCIS for status

2/10/2015 - Result back with case pending adjudication further review

3/31/2015 - Case approved by USCIS and forwarded to NVC

NVC

4/10/215 - NVC assigned with receipt case #    4/28/2015 - Completed DS261 Choice of Agent online

5/4/2015 - Called NVC to complete review DS261 by phone  

6/4/2015 - Sent both AOS and IV packages to NVC    6/8/2015 - Received IV fee notice     6/9/2015 - Paid IV fee

6/24/2015 - Received checklist for missing Data Passport Page      6/28/2015 - Mailed in checklist request

7/6/2015 - Completed IV application (DS260) online

7/8/2015 - Received checklist for missing Data Passport Page again and DS260 because NVC lost the package

7/10/2015 - Mailed in checklist request again       8/10/2015 - Case completed on phone with NVC

8/17/2015 - Received email confirmation for case completed

EMBASSY

8/26/2016 - Scheduled interview      8/27/2015 - Received P4 letter thru email     9/14/2014 - Medical Exam Done

9/16/2015 - Interview date- Passed but waiting for Medical exam Results

9/24/2015 - Medical exam results sent to US Embassy

9/29/2015 - CEAC visa status show " Issued "     10/1/2015 - Visa in hand      10/12/2015 - POE Los Angeles, California

LIFTING CONDITION

7/13/2017 - Sent in ROC application      7/17/2017 - Received NOA

7/21/2017 - Received Appointment notice for Biometrics     8/7/2017   - Biometrics taken

3/5/2018   - Case moved to local office          9/18/2018 - Case tranferred to Nebraska Service Center 

12/19/2018 - Case approved, Card being produced         12/20/2018 - Card received

Timeline

Hi everyone,

ATTN swedish members

My wife is still waiting for CC at NVC, the only requirement is DS260 which I did almost 30days ago.

what are the medical requirements in Sweden ? My wife has her year of 2012 immunization record MMR and Tdap, is it still acceptable ?

Anyone in sweden knows if the clinic in Malmo is still active cos she lives in Helsingborg city which is closest.

Thanks

We have our own thread in the regional forum better to write there or start your own thread :)

Sounds like she's up to date on her vaccines. USA requires tetanus shot every 10 years so she's good on that.

They only have doctors in Gothenburg and Stockholm now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.