jg81

Anyone know current nvc k1 processing times?

29 posts in this topic

Okay. To clarify:

I'm in Europe at the moment for work and can't call the nvc for an update , so I was wondering if anyone on here knows the average current wait times , my noa was june 26th, I'll make my timeline soon .

Do you have Skype or any ability to make a USA phone call at all? The US or the UK citizen can call.

The correct number is 603-334-0700. Open from 7am to 12am EST. Call right before they open and get in the queue. You have to hold and it's long distance either way.

Thanks , is the case id number the same that starts with the src ?

The case number will begin with LND. The number will be unique for you, they will ask some questions and then give you the number. I do not doubt however that your case is probably ready and waiting for you at the embassy already. I would of thought a letter would be delivered to the UK address informing you of this as well.

The embassy will not give you an interview until you complete your medical, fill out the DS160, and send in your readiness forms. You need to also have the I134 and financial evidence of support from your US fiancé by that time. You also need your police certificate.

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

you have four months from the time your petition is approved from USCIS to the time you supposed to have your interview

Does that mean that your interview must be scheduled before the expire date of the NOA2 ?

how much are you sure about this information ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

It should be all finished in that 4 months if it runs over due to administrative processing at the consulate only the consulate can extend the time. .it is in uscis online info about the k visas

Yes definitely I make sure leave a couple weeks leftover after the interview process

London will extend the petition with no issue. They will just need a new letter of intent at the interview.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline

Can I extend the K-1 Visa beyond the original four month validity?

A consular officer can revalidate a K visa petition any number of times for additional periods of 4 months provided the officer concludes that the petitioner and beneficiary remain legally free to marry and continue to intend to marry each other within 90 days after the beneficiarys admission into the United States.

To have the petition revalidated send a written request to the Embassy that includes a statement of your intention to go forward with the marriage.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Can I extend the K-1 Visa beyond the original four month validity?

A consular officer can revalidate a K visa petition any number of times for additional periods of 4 months provided the officer concludes that the petitioner and beneficiary remain legally free to marry and continue to intend to marry each other within 90 days after the beneficiarys admission into the United States.

To have the petition revalidated send a written request to the Embassy that includes a statement of your intention to go forward with the marriage.

thank you

away from this point , is this the form 1040 that is required ? and do we still need the w2 with it or this is enough

post-190403-0-97146400-1438449298_thumb.jpg

Timeline

41.81 N6.2 Validity of a K-1 Petition (TL:VISA-581; 09-03-2003)

An approved K-1 visa petition is valid for a period of four months from the date of Department of Homeland Security (DHS) action and may be revalidated by the consular officer any number of times for additional periods of four months from the date of revalidation, provided the officer concludes that the petitioner and the beneficiary remain legally free to marry and continue to intend to marry each other within 90 days after the beneficiary's admission into the United States. However, the longer the period of time since the filing of the petition, the more the consular officer must be concerned about the intentions of the couple, particularly the intentions of the petitioner in the United States. If the officer is not convinced that the U.S. citizen petitioner continues to intend to marry the beneficiary, the petition should be returned to the approving office of DHS with an explanatory memorandum. [see 9 FAM 41.81 PN7 for revalidation procedure.)

Timeline

That's A tax transcript that's not a tax return. this is stuff you can look up whether or not A tax transcript can take the price of a tax return you'll just have to go look that up

Timeline

Nolo

Tips on Filling Out Form I-134 for the K-1 Fiance Visa

Need Professional Help? Talk to a Lawyer

Enter Your Zip Code to Connect with a Lawyer Serving Your Area

As part of the fiancé visa application process, the U.S. consulate will require the applicant to show that he or she is not likely to become a public charge -- that is, receive government assistance or welfare. Typically, the U.S. citizen is asked to show that he or she will support the applicant, as described in "How Much Income a K-1 Fiancé Visa Applicant's Sponsor Needs to Show." In order to make this showing, the consulate may ask the U.S. citizen to fill out what's known as a Form I-134 Affidavit of Support, issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

If you have children immigrating with you, the children wont need separate Forms I-134; listing them in Question 3 is sufficient.

Here are some tips on filling out Form I-134 and preparing the accompanying documents.

Preparing Form I-134

For Form I-134, the petitioner needs to show that his or her income is at least 100% of amounts listed per family size in the federal Poverty Guidelines. The Form I-134 becomes part of your permanent record, however, and consular officers are aware that you will have to meet a higher, 125% requirement just a few months later if and when you adjust your status to permanent resident. Therefore, we recommend that, if possible, you show that your spouse meets the 125% requirement even at this point.

Paragraph 1: The U.S. citizen petitioner and sponsor must fill in his or her name and address.

Question 1: If the U.S. sponsor was born in the U.S., then it is enough to fill in the first portion of this question, giving information about the date and place of birth. Sponsors who become U.S. citizens by other means, such as through naturalization or derivation through citizen parents, must fill in one of the remaining lines explaining this. (Note that you should NOT be choosing item d; this is only for green card holders. If you don't have U.S. citizenship, you don't qualify to sponsor someone for a K-1 visa.)

Question 2: The U.S. sponsor must state his or her age and the date since which he or she has lived in the United States.

Question 3: This is for information about the intending immigrant. Marital Status should, of course, be single, "divorced," "widowed," or anything but "married," since the immigrant is coming to the United States for the specific purpose of getting married. Relationship to Sponsorshould be answered fiancé if the immgrant is a man and fiancé if a woman. The spouse line should be left blank, but if any children will be immigrating with the immigrant, enter their information on the following lines.

Question 7: The U.S. citizen must enter information about his or her place of employment. For type of business you can enter a position (such as secretary or accountant) or a more generic description, such as medicine or sales.

On the next set of lines, the U.S. citizen enters his or her income and assets. If the U.S. citizens income is sufficient for the Form I-134, the Department of State will not care about the citizens assets, so the U.S. citizen wont really need to list each and every asset. The questions about assets become more important when the U.S. citizens income does not meet the Poverty Guidelines levels.

The question about the amount on deposit in savings banks in the United States can be a little confusing; it is acceptable to state amounts in checking accounts. For personal property, the U.S. citizen doesnt need to consider the value of every item he or she owns. An approximate total value of cars, jewelry, appliances (stereo, television, refrigerator), cameras, and other equipment will do. Nor does the citizen have to supply proof of their ownershipyet. But when it comes time for the green card application in the United States, the U.S. citizen sponsor will have to provide proof of ownership of any assets that he or she uses to show financial capacityso be sure not to exaggerate on Form I-134.

Question 8: Anyone whom the sponsor has listed on his/her tax returns should be entered here.

Question 9: This question attempts to find out whether the U.S. citizen is overextending him or herself financially. If he or she has filled out this form or Form I-864 (the Affidavit of Support used in green card applications) on behalf of any other immigrant, these lines should be filled in.

Question 10: For the reasons that underlie Question 9, the U.S. government wants to know whether the U.S. citizen is planning to sponsor anyone else, having filed a visa petition on their behalf. Even if the K-1 fiance is the only person being sponsored, the U.S. citizen should fill in that person's name here, with a notation by the name saying subject of this affidavit.

Question 11: Enter N/A (not applicable). This is only for visitors that are truly temporary, such as tourists.

Oath or Affirmation of Sponsor. This awful legalese just means that the U.S. citizen should be sure, before signing the form, that to the best of his or her knowledge, the answers provided are correct.

Documents to Accompany Form I-134

Along with Form I-134, the U.S. citizen should provide copies of documents proving his or her income, as described below. Not every consulate will require such extensive documentation, but in case yours does, it's best to prepare in advance rather than risk delays in the process.

Copy of most recent federal tax return. Include the W-2 slipsat least one years worth, and maybe three. There is no need to include the state tax form. The consulate prefers to see the tax return in the form of IRS transcripts (an IRS-generated summary of the return that was actually filed), which can be requested using IRS Form 4506T, available through the IRS website at www.irs.gov or by calling 800-829-1040. However, it is usually a wait of several weeks to get the transcript. Dont let this hold up the immigration process. If the transcript hasnt come by the time of the visa interview, simply use the U.S. citizen petitioners own, personal copies of the tax returns.

All this stuff is Online you just have to go look for it

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You can use Google Hangouts to make a phone call. It's free and you don't need to give them a credit card or anything. You can do this from anywhere in the world (we called together, me in the US and her in Ecuador..)

It took us 18 days from NOA2 until the NVC case number, but I've seen a few here that have been waiting here for more than a month.

Spoiler

AOS

10/23/2015: File for AOS, AP and EAD

10/31/2015: NOA1 for AOS, AP and EAD

11/16/2015: Biometrics Appointment Letter received
11/25/2015: Biometrics Appointment
12/16/2015: e-mail about Interview scheduled for 2/10/2016
12/18/2015: Physical Interview Appointment in mail

01/25/2016: EAD & AP cards received in mail

02/10/2016: Interview @ local USCIS

02/11/2016: Approval

02/17/2016: GC received!

09/27/2017: Moved to FL

ROC

01/27/2018: Filed I751

02/05/2018: NOA1 received, GC extended for 1 year

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I understand the service centers send approved petitions in batches, so there wouldn't really be a true "median" time to get the case number, it would probably depend how close you are to a given cut-off date for a batch to be sent to the NVC.

I tried getting a tax transcript using the online form. That didn't work, so I called the IRS' automated phone line. Ordered transcripts (make sure you select "Return Transcript" (which shows your income) and not "Account Transcript" (which shows how much you've owed/paid to the IRS). They said it'll be there in 5-10 days. Try to get it yourself and don't sweat it. Some embassies only require last year's 1040, some want more.

Spoiler

AOS

10/23/2015: File for AOS, AP and EAD

10/31/2015: NOA1 for AOS, AP and EAD

11/16/2015: Biometrics Appointment Letter received
11/25/2015: Biometrics Appointment
12/16/2015: e-mail about Interview scheduled for 2/10/2016
12/18/2015: Physical Interview Appointment in mail

01/25/2016: EAD & AP cards received in mail

02/10/2016: Interview @ local USCIS

02/11/2016: Approval

02/17/2016: GC received!

09/27/2017: Moved to FL

ROC

01/27/2018: Filed I751

02/05/2018: NOA1 received, GC extended for 1 year

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.