Saylin

NVC Filers - August 2015

883 posts in this topic

wow. was your case expedited? It seem to be moving really fast for you. Congratulations! you will soon have your interview. Good luck

Nope, our was was not expedited..were really blessed it went smooth and fast..ni checklist no nothing..:))) were hoping for an interview real soon! :)) thank you! Edited by venice0709

March 31, 2015 - I-130 packet mailed through USPS express mail

April 1, 2015 - Packet Delivered

April 3, 2015 - NOA1, routed to Nebraska Service Center

April 6, 2015 - Payment of $420 cashed

April 9, 2015 - Hard copy of NOA1 received in the mail

May 19, 2015 - I-130 case APPROVED!!!

May 27, 2015 - Case sent to Department of State NVC

June 3, 2015 - Case received by NVC

June 16, 2015 - Case number obtained

June 17, 2015 - DS-261 choice of agent completed over the phone ( unable to sign in online )

June 20, 2015 - Received WELCOME LETTER (enclosed with AOS fee invoice and document cover sheet)

June 21, 2015 - Received IV invoice fee through email ( still unable to sign in online )

June 25, 2015 - Mailed payments of both AOS and IV fee (two separate money order from USPS in one envelope, overnight delivery)

June 30, 2015 - Received email confirmation, both AOS and IV payment received

July 2, 2015 - Called NVC and confirmed AOS and IV shows PAID and Cleared in their system ( since i can't log in online )

July 2, 2015 - Mailed documents (overnight), only to find out NVC is close today (july 3), so package is held in the NH post office, scheduled delivery updated to july 6

July 5, 2015 - Finally able to sign in to CEAC website and filled up DS 260 and SUBMITTED!!!

July 6, 2015 - SCAN DATE

July 27, 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!

August 24, 2015 - Interview schedule assigned

September 24, 2015 - INTERVIEW DATE at US EMBASSY MANILA, PHILIPPINES

APPROVED!

September 28, 2015 - Visa Packet received (picked up at 2GO SM MOA branch)

October 10, 2015 - ENTRY IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, reunited with my wife finally!!! 

I- 751 timeline:

July 13, 2017 - Packet mailed to CSC via USPS express mail

July 15, 2017 - Packet delivered

July 19, 2017 - Check cashed (personal check $680)

July 21, 2017 - Received I-797, Notice of Action (dated 7/15/15, 8:57pm)

July 29, 2017 - Received biometrics appointment notice dated 7/21/17, appointment is on Aug 9.

November 15, 2018 -  CASE APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everybody,

Today I received an email that our request for expedite was accepted and they will forward our case to the Dominican Republic immediately.

What can I expect next? They received our AOS and IV packages on July 27th but i still haven't been invoiced the IV fee. Will I have to gather all the documents again or will NVC forward everything to the embassy? When could i expect an interview date?

Thanks

I am very happy to hear you expediate request was accepted. If you don't mind sharing, how did you go about request the expedite processing and how long did it take for them to follow up?

I am very happy to hear you expediate request was accepted. If you don't mind sharing, how did you go about request the expedite processing and how long did it take for them to follow up?

I initially sent them an email to request expedite July 24th, they replied saying that my request was under review on July 28; I called NVC July 31 and they said the embassy had responded they wanted some clarification about the request, and they had emailed me the day before. Up till now and I still haven't received the email, I didn't wait and Saturday Aug 1 I sent them another email clarifying my situation, I guess they look at their emails during the weekend because i had an approval email very early this morning. My reason was that I have a 2 year old daughter who suffers from extreme allergies (life threatening) and i am now pregnant. I have no one to take care of my little one so I am out of a job.

Timeline

I initially sent them an email to request expedite July 24th, they replied saying that my request was under review on July 28; I called NVC July 31 and they said the embassy had responded they wanted some clarification about the request, and they had emailed me the day before. Up till now and I still haven't received the email, I didn't wait and Saturday Aug 1 I sent them another email clarifying my situation, I guess they look at their emails during the weekend because i had an approval email very early this morning. My reason was that I have a 2 year old daughter who suffers from extreme allergies (life threatening) and i am now pregnant. I have no one to take care of my little one so I am out of a job.

Thanks for sharing, sorry to hear of the medical condition but thankfully there is hope for humanity and they have approved your request.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Our DS-260 is available now!

I am the petitioner, he still lives overseas

found each other August 2009
started courting December 2010
first held hands February 2011
engaged June 2013
married May 2014
began process January 2015

Most recent update: Interviewed on 05-OCT 2015. Approved and visa in hand!!!

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone!

Good luck to everyone this month. I hope NVC will keep processing everything as quickly as possible!

Just needed some input from you guys regarding the I-864 form. My husband was not required to file taxes for 2014 due to his income being lower than the required threshold to file. I'm trying to fill out Part 6: Sponsor's Income and Employment (Question 13, 13.a, 13.b, and 13.c). Because he didn't file, we obviously can't check the box for question 13. I was thinking of leaving it unchecked and writing "NOT REQUIRED TO FILE, INCOME BELOW THRESHOLD. SEE ATTACHED IRS VERIFICATION LETTER AND WRITTEN AFFIDAVIT" in the space below it. Then for the follow up questions (13.a, 13.b, and 13.c), I would fill in 2012, 2013 and 2014 for the tax years but leave the total income blank. But I know that they usually send out checklists for leaving questions unanswered so I'm not sure this is the best idea... Anyone else with experience with this issue?

I really appreciate all the advice everyone on VJ has given me so far, thanks guys

Timeline

My wifes cases has been approved since july 10th still no interview date scheduled. ;( this wait is the worst one out of all of them.

I can only imagine. It would be nice if they would schedule interviews a little faster.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My i130 case was approved, but my i129f has an RFE..july 30th. Do I need to follow through with i129f or let it expire?

So both our K3 and I-130 were approved on July 13 and yesterday (August 3) my husband received the case number and invoiced number letter stating:

"More than one petition was filed for this beneficiary. The NVC has combined the petitions under the case number listed below" with the case number, petitioner and applicants name, visa category, priority date, U.S. Embassy listed below.

BUT the visa category mentioned is only K3 - SPOUSE OF US CITIZEN (No mention of I-130)

What does that mean? Should we be expecting another letter in a few days for I-130?

Also, when I went onto the NVC site and put my case and ID number, it asked me to fill out DS-160 first which is a non-immigrant visa form.

So I have following qustions:

1. Should we be expecting another letter from NVC for I-130?

2. Is there anyway to close K3 application as I want to go through the normal immigration process now?

3. Should I fill out DS - 160 or wait for the availability of DS - 261 and forget about DS - 160 completely?

Please HELP!

I have also filed for k3 and i130 but only i130 was approved so far. I'm sending response to RFE to k3 today. I wonder if they are planning to combine them together.

Did you call them yet to ask about what action you need to take? What does the website tell you once you enter the case number? I thought the k3 might actually help you, so I don't think i would cancel it without knowing what they expect you to fill out. I would fill out whatever form is available Unless forms are equally expensive...

Edited by wadodude

If you guys have any questions specifically for me,

I will be glad to help via private message.

01-22-15 - married (L)
02-09-15 - i130 sent
02-10-15 - i130 received
02-12-15 - i130 NOA1; scanned
02-23-15 - i129f NOA1; scanned
07-30-15 - i130 NOA2; approved, i129f RFE
08-07-15 - i129f response rec'd
08-10-15 - i130 sent/received by nvc
08-14-15 - i130 nvc scan
08-19-15 - i129 NOA2; approved
08-21-15 - case #, IIN, BIN assigned, 261 completed
08-24-15 - Paid for AOS fee (IN PROCESS)
08-25-15 - AOS Fee (PAID), DS-261 reviewed on phone, email added to system, Sent AOS/IV package(I-864EZ, '14/'13/'12 tax transcripts, most recent pay stub, birth/marriage/police clearance cert.'s, 2 passport photos, 2 front/2 back passport pages)
08-26-15 - Paid for IV fee (IN PROCESS), AOS/IV package SCAN DATE, rec'd first e-mail from nvc
08-27-15 - IV Fee (PAID), DS-260 Submitted
09-16-15 - CASE COMPLETE (21 days since documents' scan, 1 months 2 days since NVC scan date)
09-21-15 - P4 Interview letter received
10-01-15 - Medical @10am, Case "In Transit"
10-08-15 - OFC appt @430pm
10-13-15 - Immigrant Visa interview @1030am - VISA APPROVED

When you think that God's timing takes too long
God is good, just believe in His timing!!!

event.png
event.png
event.png
Interview steps: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview.html
Preparation for interview: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare.html
Medical Examination: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare/medical-examination.html
Documents required for interview: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare/interview-preparation-required-documents.html
After the interview: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/after.html
Mumbai's US consulate: http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/

Timeline

So the NVC seems to move pretty fast with the K-3 visa, just like the K-1 visa.

Looks like it will go faster with the K-3 visa than the IR1/CR1.

I take it this is what you wanted. I don't think you can do the IR1/CR1 anymore.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I submitted DS261 on July 13

On July 31st received this email "Thank you for being a valued U.S. Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) customer. Your online Choice of Address and Agent Form(DS-261) has been submitted." with confirmation pdf file attached.

Does this mean my DS261 was reviewed and processed? I still am not able to pay the IV fee, after i click on Pay Now.

Timeline

I submitted DS261 on July 13

On July 31st received this email "Thank you for being a valued U.S. Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) customer. Your online Choice of Address and Agent Form(DS-261) has been submitted." with confirmation pdf file attached.

Does this mean my DS261 was reviewed and processed? I still am not able to pay the IV fee, after i click on Pay Now.

I am not sure, we received the same e-mail, same day we completed it, July 31'st.

Please update us when you can pay your fees. Something odd happened when I called, someone at NVC said they are not ready for the DS-261 but it was available when I logged in. Hopefully they don't try to unnecessarily delay the process by waiting to invoice us.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So the NVC seems to move pretty fast with the K-3 visa, just like the K-1 visa.

Looks like it will go faster with the K-3 visa than the IR1/CR1.

I take it this is what you wanted. I don't think you can do the IR1/CR1 anymore.

Wow that sounds good. I would definitely want to breeze through NVC. Now hopefully uscis will fwd k3 when they get my rfe response this week.

If you guys have any questions specifically for me,

I will be glad to help via private message.

01-22-15 - married (L)
02-09-15 - i130 sent
02-10-15 - i130 received
02-12-15 - i130 NOA1; scanned
02-23-15 - i129f NOA1; scanned
07-30-15 - i130 NOA2; approved, i129f RFE
08-07-15 - i129f response rec'd
08-10-15 - i130 sent/received by nvc
08-14-15 - i130 nvc scan
08-19-15 - i129 NOA2; approved
08-21-15 - case #, IIN, BIN assigned, 261 completed
08-24-15 - Paid for AOS fee (IN PROCESS)
08-25-15 - AOS Fee (PAID), DS-261 reviewed on phone, email added to system, Sent AOS/IV package(I-864EZ, '14/'13/'12 tax transcripts, most recent pay stub, birth/marriage/police clearance cert.'s, 2 passport photos, 2 front/2 back passport pages)
08-26-15 - Paid for IV fee (IN PROCESS), AOS/IV package SCAN DATE, rec'd first e-mail from nvc
08-27-15 - IV Fee (PAID), DS-260 Submitted
09-16-15 - CASE COMPLETE (21 days since documents' scan, 1 months 2 days since NVC scan date)
09-21-15 - P4 Interview letter received
10-01-15 - Medical @10am, Case "In Transit"
10-08-15 - OFC appt @430pm
10-13-15 - Immigrant Visa interview @1030am - VISA APPROVED

When you think that God's timing takes too long
God is good, just believe in His timing!!!

event.png
event.png
event.png
Interview steps: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview.html
Preparation for interview: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare.html
Medical Examination: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare/medical-examination.html
Documents required for interview: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare/interview-preparation-required-documents.html
After the interview: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/after.html
Mumbai's US consulate: http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/

Timeline

Wow that sounds good. I would definitely want to breeze through NVC. Now hopefully uscis will fwd k3 when they get my rfe response this week.

It is my understanding that if the I-130 is approved first then the K-3 petition would be closed.

See here: http://www.uscis.gov/family/family-us-citizens/k3-k4-visa/k-3k-4-nonimmigrant-visas

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.