markiweiss49

Fingerprints in Philadelphia.

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife had just received her appointment for her fingerprints for her n-400 application. The appointment is in Philadelphia which we would have to take 3 buses to get there and it would be about 4 hours to get to the support center. We have a support center about 30 minutes from where we live and wanted to know why my wife didn't have her appointment at that location. I had called USCIS and they told me that it was becaused the support center is the closes to our home but its not. I had told them that the one in new jersey is the closes to our house. The IO said that we can go to the one in new jersey but when we get there and their appointments are booked up, they would not take us. We decided not to take any chances and we will be going to the support center in Philadelphia. I just wonder if the support center in new jersey was all booked up for the month of August and that's why we have to go to Philadelphia for my wife's fingerprints. Thank you all vj members for listening to me.

I would try to do a walk-in at the New Jersey office. My wife did a walk-in for her biometrics one week before her appointment at the Seattle office and they accepted her.

I realize that we were not dealing with two different offices but, hey, you guys have a good story why you should go to the New Jersey instead of the Philidelphia office. We had no story at all.

Give it a try.

Do a walk in, early. They seldom turn people away. Just calmly explain the situation if you are challenged. Say that you don't have a car, and the other place is 4 hours away.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just found out that the support center in new jersey is all booked up for August and that's why my wife has to go to the one in Philadelphia. So if we would have gone to the one in new jersey, they would have turned us away. I called for the second time to uscis yesterday and I talk to a very nice IO and he checked everything out for me. He told me the support center in new jersey has their appointments filled and they are not taking anyone else for the month of August. Anyone that lives in New Jersey and has to have their fingerprints taken will be in Philadelphia. Thanks to all that reply to me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.