vajaster

How To Expedite NVC (Procedures/Steps)

73 posts in this topic

Submitting the DS-261 (from what I understand the Choice of Agent form), on the NVC Wiki it says you complete it online.

But other posts are saying no you provide that information over the phone to the CSR and provide email address and phone numbers.

Everything on the DoS site says you complete the DS-261. They might be able to take it over the phone, but calling the NVC is a waiting and trying patience game. It's probably faster to submit the electronic form compared to calling again and again to get into the phone queue.

Btw, vajaster, your VJ timeline says that your consulate is Armenia, not Afghanistan.

Signature coming soon...

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Everything on the DoS site says you complete the DS-261. They might be able to take it over the phone, but calling the NVC is a waiting and trying patience game. It's probably faster to submit the electronic form compared to calling again and again to get into the phone queue.

Btw, vajaster, your VJ timeline says that your consulate is Armenia, not Afghanistan.

Oops ... just updated it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Interesting ... so just curious, if I do end up getting through and providing it verbally, I don't have to complete the online DS-261?

Interesting ... so just curious, if I do end up getting through and providing it verbally, I don't have to complete the online DS-261?

I don't think you would need to do it if they already have input it through the phone, but do you really trust them to input all the data correctly? But I wouldn't know this step. What do you think, jlkm?

Signature coming soon...

I don't think you would need to do it if they already have input it through the phone, but do you really trust them to input all the data correctly? But I wouldn't know this step. What do you think, jlkm?

To be honest I'm not too sure about this one because my attorney took care of all that stuff.

But if it were up to me I would do it online just because I can be sure of typing in the correct information versus telling it verbally to a person and that person possibly getting a letter or number wrong you know? We really don't need the possibility of an extra delay due to a tiny mistake or something lol.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone :)

Month 5 at NVC

Welcome letter April 8

Documents delivered/received may 25

IV paid june 16

Ds-260 completed July 6 due to site complications

Can anyone help me, what am I looking at here, days or weeks from case complete and then interview date?

Hi everyone :)

Month 5 at NVC

Welcome letter April 8

Documents delivered/received may 25

IV paid june 16

Ds-260 completed July 6 due to site complications

Can anyone help me, what am I looking at here, days or weeks from case complete and then interview date?

Hi Bonbon,

You may have a different experience than the beneficiaries at Kabul will. I would suggest that you check under "Portals", which should take you to the Canadian interface. If you scroll down towards the bottom, on the left hand side, you will see an option to look at Canadian time lines. Click the one for CR-1 visas and you can sort through that list on different criteria. Play around with the arrows on the top of the grid, and you should be able to sort other Canadian time lines by descending/ascending dates. That should give you an idea of when you can expect your interview time.

Signature coming soon...

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Bonbon,

You may have a different experience than the beneficiaries at Kabul will. I would suggest that you check under "Portals", which should take you to the Canadian interface. If you scroll down towards the bottom, on the left hand side, you will see an option to look at Canadian time lines. Click the one for CR-1 visas and you can sort through that list on different criteria. Play around with the arrows on the top of the grid, and you should be able to sort other Canadian time lines by descending/ascending dates. That should give you an idea of when you can expect your interview time.

Thnx Amara hopefully with some good news soon :)

Timeline

To be honest I'm not too sure about this one because my attorney took care of all that stuff.

But if it were up to me I would do it online just because I can be sure of typing in the correct information versus telling it verbally to a person and that person possibly getting a letter or number wrong you know? We really don't need the possibility of an extra delay due to a tiny mistake or something lol.

Any ideas? I'm still a little lost.

I clearly see many posts that say provide email address to operator but than on the Wiki (and I'm sure NVC welcome instructions) will say to complete the DS-261.

I just wanted to be super ready so when NVC says they've assigned a case number I can be a roadrunner on this lol

I would complete the DS-261. That way you won't make any mistakes and you can have a record that it's done.

Is there a reason you don't want to use the electronic form? Is the system down?

Signature coming soon...

I would complete the DS-261. That way you won't make any mistakes and you can have a record that it's done.

Is there a reason you don't want to use the electronic form? Is the system down?

I know what you mean. There were two major attacks in Kabul, but I haven't seen any news articles about it. One was just too close. I need my guy!

Signature coming soon...

I know what you mean. There were two major attacks in Kabul, but I haven't seen any news articles about it. One was just too close. I need my guy!

I heard about that. It's really really depressing

One of those thirty something people could have been somebody else's fiance/spouse waiting for their case here you know? It's so sad.

May God have mercy on them and all of us :(

It almost was. The first attack was right on my fiancé's street! If the bomb would have been a few houses up...

The one yesterday was on a police training center. Just anarchy.

Signature coming soon...

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

Thanks ... I think I'll just complete it online to be on the safe side.

I've got a couple more questions - (side note should I be making a seperate post for this or is this OK to ask?)

1. But my question is (of course once I pay the AOS and IV fee's) can I send my AOS and IV Packets before completing DS260 or must I wait and send them after I have completed the DS260?

2. Should I go to electronic route or mailing route when submitting these documents?

3. I have the Nikkah Khat (the nikkah booklet with me here in the USA). Will the NVC actually ask for the original that I have? Will the embassy ask for it/should I be sending it back to AFG for my wife to keep and submit?

4. Can I be emailing the AOS/IV Packet?

5. Will NVC be asking for any physical documents (paperwork or originals of documents) for me to mail to them if I choose to go with eletronic processing?

Thanks ... I think I'll just complete it online to be on the safe side.

I've got a couple more questions - (side note should I be making a seperate post for this or is this OK to ask?)

1. But my question is (of course once I pay the AOS and IV fee's) can I send my AOS and IV Packets before completing DS260 or must I wait and send them after I have completed the DS260?

2. Should I go to electronic route or mailing route when submitting these documents?

3. I have the Nikkah Khat (the nikkah booklet with me here in the USA). Will the NVC actually ask for the original that I have? Will the embassy ask for it/should I be sending it back to AFG for my wife to keep and submit?

4. Can I be emailing the AOS/IV Packet?

5. Will NVC be asking for any physical documents (paperwork or originals of documents) for me to mail to them if I choose to go with eletronic processing?

I think it's ok to ask here.

1) I really don't think this is a problem. We sent the IV packet then filled out the DS-260 4 days later and then needed extra time to gather up the documents for the AOS packet because of tax season, so that was sent last. Thank God no checklist :)

2) Are you sure we have the electronic option to submit these documents? I don't think Afghanistan has that option or else I definitely would have done it that way.

3) No NVC will not ask for the original, they will take a copy of it. But yes the embassy will want to see the original which is why I left that with my husband.

4) & 5) For Afghanistan I'm pretty sure everything has to be mailed, but you can double check and ask someone else too. Places like Canada and UK can do electronic submissions...lucky them :wacko:

Hope this helped a little.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.