andrea85

K1 visa questions please help

19 posts in this topic

awesome I did do that :) do you know when the medical needs to be done ? and do they always require the police report ? he has no criminal background I am just wondering if we should start getting all those documents together or I am not sure if is too soon

You don't do anything yet until you receive the NOA2. The medical should be done closer to the interview, and all documents required should also be dated closer to the interview. Normally a police report is one of the required documents.

For now just wait patiently for your petition approval.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

1. After you get your NOA1, from CSC it may take 3 months min. to get your NOA2 (If you don't have any RFE).

2. After NOA2 it will take 1 week that your case will go to NVC.

3. NVC will take 1-2 weeks to send your case to the US Consulate of your country with a case number.

4. The 3rd week you will get your packet-3 (consists of approved I-129F, Letter from consulate, document reg. Domestic Violence)

5. Now you can apply for your PCC (police clearance certificate) which is usually valid for 6 months.

6. Take print-out of all your evidence file them

7. Fill your DS-160 online and pay the visa fee and schedule appointment with the consulate with min. 2 weeks gap.

8. Schedule for the bio-metric 1 day prior to the consulate interview.

9. Do your medical

10. Get your fiance's financial supportive documents by courier.

11. Prepare for the interview (name, date, how you met, his work, likes and dislike......etc)

12. Attend the consulate interview.

I am actually the petitioner in this case do I get the same packet sent to me as well ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

You don't do anything yet until you receive the NOA2. The medical should be done closer to the interview, and all documents required should also be dated closer to the interview. Normally a police report is one of the required documents.

For now just wait patiently for your petition approval.

Thank you :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I didn't read all of the posts here so I'm sorry if this was already discussed.

Most of my conversations with my fiancé have been via FB Messenger and FB calling. Does anyone know if there is a way to access those types of documents or logs? I plan to email Facebook but, wanted to check here first. Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.