rnab32

Scheduling Embassy Interview

11 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone!

I'm reading Greenbaums guide, specifically the part about scheduling the interview, and I see that we meet a couple of conditions under the Disclaimer where it says that we should NOT schedule an immigrant visa interview appointment:

-Your case is still with the National Visa Center (NVC).

-You have not received instructions from the Embassy or NVC that you may schedule an interview.

We have our MNL# from calling the NVC, but according to the CEAC page, our status is "At NVC" and we have not received any letter/instructions from the NVC or Embassy.

Does that mean we should not schedule the embassy interview yet?

Thanks in advance!

ROC:

7/2/18 - ROC packet (I-751) sent

7/5/18 - USCIS CSC received

7/13/18 - NOA (I-797) notice date

7/17/18 - $680 check cashed

7/20/18 - NOA (I-797) received

3/11/19 - Biometrics reused

6/4/19 - Case transferred to Potomac Service Center  

10/9/19 - New Card Is Being Produced / Approved

10/11/19 - Card Was Mailed To Me

10/12/19 - Approval Notice received

10/17/19 - 10-yr Green Card received

Hi Everyone!

I'm reading Greenbaums guide, specifically the part about scheduling the interview, and I see that we meet a couple of conditions under the Disclaimer where it says that we should NOT schedule an immigrant visa interview appointment:

-Your case is still with the National Visa Center (NVC).

-You have not received instructions from the Embassy or NVC that you may schedule an interview.

We have our MNL# from calling the NVC, but according to the CEAC page, our status is "At NVC" and we have not received any letter/instructions from the NVC or Embassy.

Does that mean we should not schedule the embassy interview yet?

Thanks in advance!

Hi mab32

Thanks for using my guide. I try to keep it as accurate and simple so anyone who follows the instructions will be able to complete their journey with no problems or delays. I am glad you took the time to point out something that may be a hiccup in the narrative in my guide. I will follow up your concern and edit where need be, but in the meantime I have some answers to your questions below.

You can schedule your interview once you have your MNL#, which you stated you did. To begin the scheduling, be sure to read this page in my guide.

Also, have you emailed the NVC to get your MNL# in writing? If not following the instructions in the guide as this will be used for your medical scheduling.

Feel free to ask any questions if you are confused or wish to have more information. We are all here to help.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Also, have you emailed the NVC to get your MNL# in writing?

=> Yes, I emailed them right after I got my MNL# over the phone on 7/22, but still haven't received a response. How long does the NVC usually take to reply?

ROC:

Also, have you emailed the NVC to get your MNL# in writing?

=> Yes, I emailed them right after I got my MNL# over the phone on 7/22, but still haven't received a response. How long does the NVC usually take to reply?

It can sometimes take a week to two weeks before you hear from them, that's why we recommend, to keep the process moving, that you schedule the interview as you do not need the hard copy of the MNL#. Just the actual number. Once you have paid your visa fee and scheduled your interview date then you can start planning your medical evaluation at SLEC.

Can you tell me what page you found the information from your original post. That would help me find the information and review what changes need to be made if there is a mistake. I think I know what the problem is but till I find it I can't update. Thanks.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Understood and thanks again!

It's the 2nd and 3rd Disclaimer screenshots (Step 5.jpg and Step 6.jpg) on this page: http://dennyeyberg.wix.com/filipino-am-visa#!scheduling-the-interview/c23ij

Let me know if you still can't find it and I'll try posting a screenshot.

Edited by rnab32

ROC:

Understood and thanks again!

It's the 2nd and 3rd Disclaimer screenshots (Step 5.jpg and Step 6.jpg) on this page: http://dennyeyberg.wix.com/filipino-am-visa#!scheduling-the-interview/c23ij

Let me know if you still can't find it and I'll try posting a screenshot.

I now know what the problem is.

It's confusing but they referenced the immigrant visa which is the CR-1 process and does not have any baring on you. The NVC working with USEM's does the scheduling for CR-1 interview whereas K-1 visa's are scheduled by the beneficiary/petitionary. The K-1 is a non-immigrant visa but it is treated like a immigrant visa sometimes during your processing.

Just ignore the disclaimer and select the OK button and continue the process.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've been reading here and there that USEM at Manila won't even send out instructions anymore. It seems their info is now web-based and you must scrounge around to find everything you need of their site. The information isn't reliable given the differences between two countries and governments, but with enough looking, especially on here, it's pretty straight forward. The best bet is just 'C.Y.A.' on all grounds, make sure you have copies of everything needed, plan way ahead. You might need an official document here or there right now, but later down the line, you'll need it again (marriage step, lot more paperwork.)

We got our interview on the 13th coming up, and getting all those things needed is annoying to say the least. But with the case number available, it shouldn't take longer than a couple weeks to have the case at the embassy.

Even on the CEAC it states "If you have schedule an interview, please gather the documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear on time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received instructions for scheduling the interview."

You'd be waiting forever. Best to just plan a good time frame out and work together.

I've been reading here and there that USEM at Manila won't even send out instructions anymore. It seems their info is now web-based and you must scrounge around to find everything you need of their site. The information isn't reliable given the differences between two countries and governments, but with enough looking, especially on here, it's pretty straight forward. The best bet is just 'C.Y.A.' on all grounds, make sure you have copies of everything needed, plan way ahead. You might need an official document here or there right now, but later down the line, you'll need it again (marriage step, lot more paperwork.)

We got our interview on the 13th coming up, and getting all those things needed is annoying to say the least. But with the case number available, it shouldn't take longer than a couple weeks to have the case at the embassy.

Even on the CEAC it states "If you have schedule an interview, please gather the documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear on time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received instructions for scheduling the interview."

You'd be waiting forever. Best to just plan a good time frame out and work together.

When starting the process it's so overwhelming, just as you have said. The information is scattered from here to H double hockey sticks and difficult to get it all together. Its a wonder that anyone can get this done without help. Once you start here in VJ and get help, there is no need for a lawyer and you can do it on your own accord. I'm glad you were able to complete you visa.

One of our resident experts, Hank has compiled an excellent resource (website found in his signature) for the processing of the K-1 visa. He has helped thousands of couples to get their visa hassle free. I have been compiling information and have also created a website (link is also in my signature) for the K1 process, but I have taken it further all they way to becoming a naturalized citizen.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Mab32, because you already have your MNL case number, you're done with the NVC. Go ahead and schedule the interview and complete the medical.

Thanks again everyone! We will proceed with scheduling the embassy interview then going on the medical.

ROC:

Thanks again everyone! We will proceed with scheduling the embassy interview then going on the medical.

:thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.