marina1294

Urgent _ missed my interview!!

13 posts in this topic

Timeline

I had a visa interview scheduled for 10th of August. I was away in the Us and I have just landed in the UK and got two voicemails from the embassy - one saying that my interview was pushed for 13th of august and the second one - to 30th of July (this morning!!!)

What should I do now!?? :((((

My medical is on 4th of august

Timeline

Visa department is not available by phone, the only way to reach them is through online contact form and they reply time is a week:((

i am just devastated, I only came to the uk for the interview, I have hotel booked and everything and now I have no idea how long I will be staying here :(

Edited by nelya94

Just out of interest: for what visa is this? How did you get an interview scheduled before you've even had the medical?

Edited by swji89

Naturalization Timeline

N-400 app submitted/received: August 22, 2020

Biometric reuse notification: October 22, 2020

Interview Scheduled: November 5, 2020

Interview Date: December 7, 2020 - SUCCESS!

Oath Ceremony mistakenly scheduled (then descheduled!): December 8, 2020

Oath Ceremony Scheduled: December 9, 2020

Scheduled Oath Ceremony: January 8, 2021

ROC Timeline

I-797/NOA 1: January 12, 2018

Biometrics appointment: February 22, 2018

18-month I-797: August 10 2018

AOS Timeline

NOA 1 for I-485 and I-765: November 9, 2015

Biometrics appointment: December 2, 2015

RFE for I-485: December 3, 2015

EAD card and approval notice received: February 16, 2016

2-year conditional Green Card received: March 26, 2016

K-1 Timeline
NOA 1: December 8, 2014
NOA 2: June, 2015

Packet 3 received: July, 2015
Medical: August 12, 2015
Packet 4 received: September 23, 2015
Interview: September 25, 2015
Visa received: October 2, 2015

I had a visa interview scheduled for 10th of August. I was away in the Us and I have just landed in the UK and got two voicemails from the embassy - one saying that my interview was pushed for 13th of august and the second one - to 30th of July (this morning!!!)

What should I do now!?? :((((

My medical is on 4th of august

Are you sure you have the months/ dates correct?

You won't get assigned an interview until after you've had (and passed) your medical. You state your medical is on the 4th August, which is next week.

How are you being given dates for an interview when you've not yet had a medical???

EDIT:

I see you are applying for a CR-1 visa. I'm not familiar with the process for those, however, I think you still need to have the medical before you can have an interview, especially as CR-1 applicants MUST meet medical/ vaccination requirements BEFORE travelling to the USA on that type of visa (unlike K1 visa holders that only need to meet vaccination requirements for AOS once in the USA).

Edited by ChasUno

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

Timeline

Just out of interest: for what visa is this? How did you get an interview scheduled before you've even had the medical?

IR-1

Are you sure you have the months/ dates correct?

You won't get assigned an interview until after you've had (and passed) your medical. You state your medical is on the 4th August, which is next week.

How are you being given dates for an interview when you've not yet had a medical???

Yes, i am sure. No, for Ir-1 you firstly get an interview date assigned and then you schedule medical

IR-1

Yes, i am sure. No, for Ir-1 you firstly get an interview date assigned and then you schedule medical

I see. However:

"I had a visa interview scheduled for 10th of August. I was away in the Us and I have just landed in the UK and got two voicemails from the embassy - one saying that my interview was pushed for 13th of august and the second one - to 30th of July (this morning!!!)"

So it appears that you have to have TWO interviews? One changed from 10th August to 13th, and another on the 30th July (which you only found out about when you arrived in the UK today?)

Most here are K1 visa applicants and aren't familiar with the IR-1/ CR-1 process. Hopefully someone more au fait with the CR-1 will come along and answer your queries. However, your best option right now is to contact the Embassy and explain the situation. If they changed/ gave you a date for the 30th July at the last minute, then technically it's their fault for not giving you enough notice and they should reschedule asap. However, much also depends on how long ago they sent this "second interview" date. Either way, you need to contact them and sort it out with them, as only they can advise and change the dates as needed.

Edited by ChasUno

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

I read it as two voicemails - i.e. the interview date has been changed twice in recent days but the embassy obviously couldn't get through?

Naturalization Timeline

ROC Timeline

AOS Timeline

K-1 Timeline

I read it as two voicemails - i.e. the interview date has been changed twice in recent days but the embassy obviously couldn't get through?

Good point. In which case, I believe the Embassy is at fault for changing the date at short notice. If they are contacted and the situation explained, then they will simply reschedule.

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Guys --

A CR1 visa submits all their forms and documents (photocopies) and payment to NVC for processing there. When all is done, RFEs addressed, etc they are assigned an interview by NVC staff. They then have 4-5 weeks when they should get to London for their medical. Ideally they should plan it so the medical results are received by interview day and they can be approved. Their interview is not dependent on having their medical first. There is only one interview.

OP, you are just going to have to use the contact form and explain you did not receive the change notification. Tell them you are in the city and can do a short notice slot and would prefer that due to staying in a hotel. They don't always take five days to reply. Use the reason on the contact form --I wish to rescedule my interview. They will probably email you a new date.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yeah fill out the contact form asap and explain.

If you have heard nothing, attend at the previous time of 10th August and hope they let you in.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Good point. In which case, I believe the Embassy is at fault for changing the date at short notice. If they are contacted and the situation explained, then they will simply reschedule.

It seems poor on their part for chopping and changing so quickly and doing so twice! I mean, that would be super frustrating for anyone as you need to book time off work to go the interview - them saying "oh, your interview is now tomorrow" doesn't leave much notice to talk to your employer!

Naturalization Timeline

ROC Timeline

AOS Timeline

K-1 Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.