Filippinelady82

Going back to philippines to study NURSING?

44 posts in this topic

From the links provided, and from the other reading I've done, I would have to agree that concurrency is the real issue.

Of course, the requirement for a social security number is a deal breaker too, but that's very cut and dried.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You have so many wrong answers.

They have gotten stricter due to the Govenor of California a few years ago firing all the people on the Board of Nursing for the poor job they were doing, and yes now they have gotten stricter.

They are still accepting international applicants and issuing license, Where you got the answer they are not accepting international applicant is mind blowing.

The issue is concurrency

Go to All Nurses and read all about it in the World Nursing....

What i shared is from the experiences of people i know..

Edited by chillin4me

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/24/16 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/03/16 - Received text and email notification

3/04/16 - Check cashed

3/07/16 - I-797 hardcopy received

3/19/16 - Biometric scheduled received by mail

4/06/16 - I-485 online status changed to Ready to be Scheduled for Interview

4/15/16 - I-485 online status changed to INTERVIEW SCHEDULED

4/17/16 - Interview Notice hardcopy received

4/28/16 - AP & EAD approval date

5/02/16 - AP approval letter received

5/05/16 - EAD card received

5/17/16 - AOS interview

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CASE APPROVE dated 5/18/16

5/23/16 - Received AOS approval letter in the mail

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CARD WAS MAILED TO ME

5/24/16 - Card was picked-up by USPS (online status)

5/26/16 - Green Card on Hand!!! :goofy:

Timeline

Hi! Based on my personal experience, i originally took my nclex rn for the state of California on 2010. I studied in a university in the Phils and they didn't have any problems with my credentials as it was evaluated by cgfns. They needed my local rn license in the Phils though. They didn't issue me a card for my license since I didn't have a social security number yet that time. When I passed the nclex they just sent me a letter saying they needed my ssn and that my file will be destroyed in 3 years if I fail to send them my ssn. 2012 is when it was supposed to be "destroyed". Didn't mean I need to take the nclex again, cuz results are retained. Just means that need to resend docs and I didn't wanna go through the hassle of doing all of those. What I did was, before it expired, I transferred it to Texas. They seem to be fast about it. I got my license number and rn certificate in a month or two after processing my endorsement. They didn't ask for my social security number. Lol However, it was only a single-state license although Texas is supposedy a compact state (meaning you can practice with your rn license to 24 other states). Now I'm here in the US and in the process of endorsing my rn license from TX to the state where i'm currently residing.

Based on my experience, if you were to get your BSN in the Phils, just make sure it's a university. It shouldn't be a problem because our curriculum is based on US standards and our medium of instruction is English. Trust me on this, as I am a concrete example. Lol anyhow, good luck on whatever you decide on doing. Being a nurse is a very rewarding and fulfilling profession. :)

Timeline

You have so many wrong answers.

They have gotten stricter due to the Govenor of California a few years ago firing all the people on the Board of Nursing for the poor job they were doing, and yes now they have gotten stricter.

They are still accepting international applicants and issuing license, Where you got the answer they are not accepting international applicant is mind blowing.

The issue is concurrency

Go to All Nurses and read all about it in the World Nursing....

I agree on the issue about the "not hiring any international applicants". As far as I know, they do as long as you get your credentials evaluated and you take extra units in CA to be eligible to take the nclex.

In my opinion, it's very unlikely to have fake documents when it comes to the credentials like the school transcripts and local rn license. When I did mine, my school was the one who filled up the form for cgfns, and they were also the ones who sent my credentials to cgfns (of course I shouldered the courrier fee lol) and I personally think it's hard to counterfeit that because it is signed by the school registrar plus it is stamped and sealed and printed in a special paper lol but that's just me though. Same goes with my local rn license in the PH. I went to PRC (professional regulation commission), they were the ones who filled up something that cgfns needed and they were also the ones who sent my license verification directly to cgfns. I wasn't able to personally hold any of those credentials. Lol

But I don't know though. My answers are solely based on my personal experience.

Timeline

when I applied for NCLEX in CA on 2010, cgfn was not part of the requirement back then or at least i was not asked for it, they only need that all papers are in English and all school credentials are sent directly from school to the office of BON, SSN and Philippine nurses license or proof you passed the local boards.

it probably took me a month from sending my packet up to granting the eligibility to take the exams.

Hi! Based on my personal experience, i originally took my nclex rn for the state of California on 2010. I studied in a university in the Phils and they didn't have any problems with my credentials as it was evaluated by cgfns. They needed my local rn license in the Phils though. They didn't issue me a card for my license since I didn't have a social security number yet that time. When I passed the nclex they just sent me a letter saying they needed my ssn and that my file will be destroyed in 3 years if I fail to send them my ssn. 2012 is when it was supposed to be "destroyed". Didn't mean I need to take the nclex again, cuz results are retained. Just means that need to resend docs and I didn't wanna go through the hassle of doing all of those. What I did was, before it expired, I transferred it to Texas. They seem to be fast about it. I got my license number and rn certificate in a month or two after processing my endorsement. They didn't ask for my social security number. Lol However, it was only a single-state license although Texas is supposedy a compact state (meaning you can practice with your rn license to 24 other states). Now I'm here in the US and in the process of endorsing my rn license from TX to the state where i'm currently residing.

Based on my experience, if you were to get your BSN in the Phils, just make sure it's a university. It shouldn't be a problem because our curriculum is based on US standards and our medium of instruction is English. Trust me on this, as I am a concrete example. Lol anyhow, good luck on whatever you decide on doing. Being a nurse is a very rewarding and fulfilling profession. :)

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/04/16 - Check cashed

5/17/16 - AOS interview

Timeline

(edited)

*it probably took me 2 months from sending my packet up to granting the eligibility to take the exams.

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/04/16 - Check cashed

5/17/16 - AOS interview

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

From the links provided, and from the other reading I've done, I would have to agree that concurrency is the real issue.

Of course, the requirement for a social security number is a deal breaker too, but that's very cut and dried.

As of April 1, 2015 Cali BON now takes ITIN numbers in place of SSN...

As of April 1, 2015 Cali BON now takes ITIN numbers in place of SSN...

Thanks for the update.

Can a foreigner who is living outside the U.S. get an ITIN number?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for the update.

Can a foreigner who is living outside the U.S. get an ITIN number?

Yes, that what a lot of nursing grads from Philippines were doing many years ago when applying for NCLEX in states that required SSN.

I think it a Federal Form from IRS that you request a ITIN.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I do..but not quite sure yet if its a good idea.

well, let us know about the next decision, aye?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Yndy,

Please let us know if your going to enroll there.I am going back go philippines on December and start reviewing the sat /act to enroll in the university also Im going to find English toturial back there.I feel like I lost track with my high school education it has been 15 years since I graduated in high school. I am very excited to start.

Thank u guys for sharing informations.These are helpful to those who wants to take nursing like me.God bless to us all.

• 3 years later...

I am currently LVN in california and taking up some classes from Cerritos college and US citizen. Due to the long wait list in community college I would like to consider of going back to Philippines to continue my BSN ( Dr. Carlos Lanting College) Please help me if this is a good decision. I want to go to private school and AUSH university or West Coast University (California) but, the tuition fee is really expensive and it will take me 3years to finish BSN. However if I decided to go back to Philippines it will take me 3years as well but for the lower cost. Whats bothering me now is that all colleges or universities back home have the same curiculum in the US so I dont have to study here again in the US?

Edited by Rovien
added more info

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.