Janelle2002

6 welfare myths we all need to stop believing

34 posts in this topic

The problem is people who honestly think that poor people want to be poor. Folks be like "Man, I can't wait to grow up and not have anything!" They be loving to play with those roaches and rats in their shacks. And frying bologna with the government cheese and milk.

I really want to know where you and Lib live. Because there are plenty of poor people in the USA. Homeless folks line the streets of Hawaii, I see them every day walking to work. When I go home, I drive through poor neighborhoods. ESL, the south side. And I've been overseas to places that are also poor. It's like you think folks here should live like that in order to understand what poor is.

Where do I sign up to be homeless in Hawaii?

Where do I sign up to be homeless in Hawaii?

Go to New York. Apparently a few years ago, they were giving out one way tickets out of the city. In an attempt to clean up the streets and get rid of the homeless folks there.

I will say I usually give those men and women some money when I pass by them. Being homeless on the beach is better than being in the cold, but you're still homeless. I guess you're not poor unless you're 3rd world country poor...

If I call you a slacker will I be banned again???

Welcome back Jacques! We've missed you!

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Marv related laid out a very personal story about how the attitude of others impacted a 13 year old mans dignity.

We were all teenagers at one time and had experiences about not being smart enough, athletic enough, agile enough, cool enough and others intentionally or unintentionally made us feel bad.

Is is your rebuttal that he was not truly poor enough to have this experience?

I wouldn't call that poor, his mother could work and she could also get additional income/food/housing/medical from the government for her and each kid or kids.

Far away from being poor.

I

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I really want to know where you and Lib live.

I live in very affluent area North of Dallas, Lots of money and wealth in my city.

Frisco Texas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frisco,_Texas

I wouldn't call that poor, his mother could work and she could also get additional income/food/housing/medical from the government for her and each kid or kids.

Far away from being poor.

I

You didn't read my post. I said supplement the income. She was already working full time as a teacher. She was also paying off a house on her own in a decent neighborhood to ensure we had a roof over our heads and food on the table. Her work ethic is no joke. I wish I was half as strong as she was. I'm curious, what qualifies you as being poor? Do you have to be near death? We weren't poor in the sense that I had the basics and I had things that some of my friends couldn't afford. But being on government assistance isn't this balling lifestyle that you make it out to be.

I live in very affluent area North of Dallas, Lots of money and wealth in my city.

Frisco Texas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frisco,_Texas

This might explain the callousness of your claims. Just because you live someone nice doesn't give you the right to undermine the plight of those not as fortunate as you are.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was asking about studies in response to your statement

"In California you now get an EBT card which is basically a debit card so no one other than holder knows the source of the money. In a recent study they found people using theses cards at tattoo parlors, strip clubs, sports books in Vegas- woo hoo!"

I was asking if you had access to the recent study ( to me studies are published peer reviewed documents from accredited schools and research orgs) and not a series of links to newspaper articles.

So not to be nitpicky but we could revise your statement :

In a recent news articles, they found people using theses cards at tattoo parlors, strip clubs, sports books in Vegas- woo hoo!"

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265