trublubu2

NOA2 ~ NVC ~ Embassy: TSC January 2015 filers

180 posts in this topic

I just noticed this thread. Been a pretty busy last 2 weeks between business travel, vacation, updating my blog and so on. Our case was sent to the embassy on July 31st. I was away on business during that time so when I called on August 3rd it was already in Transit to the Embassy. When I got home I checked on the CEAC website said it was "Ready" as of August 3rd. I'm not entirely sure this is accurate unless DHL works over the weekends, but either way we waited about a week and then just filled out the electronic DS-160 last night. Hopefully by the time he goes home on August 19th, they will be ready to schedule the interview and he can get right on the ball with things. I hoped we'd get packet 4 before he left so we could possibly reroute his plane ticket through Quebec going home for the medical but I think it's just too close yet.

Edited by StephanieC

Filed I-129f petition---------------- 01.07.2015

Hardcopy NOA1 rec.----------------01.23.2015

K1 Visa Received---------------------10.09.2015

Married--------------------------------- 12.12.2015

Filed AOS/EAD-------------------------02.02.2016

AOS/EAD NOA1 rec.------------------02.08.2016

EAD Approved--------------------------04.11.2016

:reading:You can read more about my immigration journey on my blog as well as get tips and information about the process.

Question for those of you who have filled out the electronic DS-160: When and how/where do you pay the visa fee?

:reading:You can read more about my immigration journey on my blog as well as get tips and information about the process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Question for those of you who have filled out the electronic DS-160: When and how/where do you pay the visa fee?

You pay it when you register your interview appointment online (or you can choose to pay it at your consulate the day of the interview).

4/21/2016 - Got green card! :) No immigration worries til 2018!

You pay it when you register your interview appointment online (or you can choose to pay it at your consulate the day of the interview).

Excellent cheers.

I just got word that my case arrived at the NVC on Monday. Now I'm waiting on the case number... :D

Thats great when did your case get sent to the NVC, mine was sent on 8/7 im trying to figure out when I should start calling.

Thats great when did your case get sent to the NVC, mine was sent on 8/7 im trying to figure out when I should start calling.

My case was sent to NVC on the 21st of August. They entered it into the system on 29th of August. I recommend waiting until at least the 18th of August to call. Otherwise you may wait on the phone for an hour or more just for no news.

My case was sent to NVC on the 21st of August. They entered it into the system on 29th of August. I recommend waiting until at least the 18th of August to call. Otherwise you may wait on the phone for an hour or more just for no news.

Thank you...Im so excited to be moving forward I was wanting to call already but now Ill wait another week.

I'd wait to call a week and a half to call. So like Steph said after the 18th.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

My case went to NVC on 22 july and today i've got case no and when i check online it says ready. I havent call NVC to ask the case no. They send email to my fiancee

Congrats! You should review the next steps on your Embassy's website to determine what you do next. Getting the case number and the invoice number (both given by NVC) will be important. This information will of course be sent to you by the Embassy but the NVC has it as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Funny story, I got packet 3 in the snail mail yesterday... but I've had my interview booked since August 3rd, lol. I'm glad I didn't wait for that.

4/21/2016 - Got green card! :) No immigration worries til 2018!

Funny story, I got packet 3 in the snail mail yesterday... but I've had my interview booked since August 3rd, lol. I'm glad I didn't wait for that.

Someone in the December thread pretty much told me the same thing. Said not to bother waiting since who knows how long it will take to get it LOL.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.