trublubu2

NOA2 ~ NVC ~ Embassy: TSC January 2015 filers

180 posts in this topic

Not necessarily, it's still a couple weeks away. Plus it can take up to 5 days for the results to get to the embassy. Based on timelines there's more than enough time and plenty people have booked their medical once they get their case numbers. Appointments are also going fast at the doctors.

An ok, thanks. :) Now at least I know. Did it take you long to get through over the phone?

An ok, thanks. :) Now at least I know. Did it take you long to get through over the phone?

I rang on Thursday, around 1pm BST and got straight through, the nice lady I spoke to told me they received my case the day before and told me to call back the next day to see if a case number had been assigned. I spent a total of 50 minutes on the phone this morning, finishing just after 1pm BST and I had my case number. It wasn't showing up on CEAC until a few hours ago though, so you may need to give that a little time to get on the system.

I'm the beneficiary too and had no trouble getting our case number. Just needed to confirm some details :)

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

so.. while we're waiting.. how did you guys meet your fiancé(e)s?

I met mine online, five years ago, on a random chat site. We had always liked each other but were both hesitant to start dating without seeing each other. We finally met up in person in the summer last year and decided pretty much then that we were meant for each other. We said I love you a few days after we first met. hahah:)

4/21/2016 - Got green card! :) No immigration worries til 2018!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Dominica
Timeline

We met, during Carnival 2013, at a party in our village in the Commonwealth of Dominica where my family is from. My cousin and I were hanging out and he was introducing me to his guy friends, so he could go drink his Guinness in peace without me hanging around and look cool while doing it, lol.

My now-fiance's cousin was throwing the party since they both DJ, but he told me later that he wasn't even going to come, but they made him show up. I just remember this guy kept staring at me and smiling really big while doing a two step (he doesn't like dancing). I don't know how I don't remember this, but he said he gave me and my cousin a ride home since our family's house is up a steep hill---it was late and I guess I was really tired, hahah!

We texted and Facebooked back and forth throughout 2013 (we hung out more when I went back with my mother for Christmas 2013/New Years 2014) and then phone calls/WhatsApp/emails everyday since January 2014 and when I went back for the World Creole Music Festival in Oct/Nov 2014, he asked me to marry him during our country's independence celebrations in November 2014.

Edited by trublubu2

TvhNm5.png

ZYKgm5.png

the K-1 visajourney
December 31, 2014/6pm: paid & checked in I-129F at FedEx/Kinko's; they said it should reach TSC by 2Jan15
June 26, 2015/9pm: received text/email that I-129F was approved--took 5 months/2 weeks/3 days

7Jan15: received notification via email and text of receipt at TSC
9Jan15: date of receipt on official NOA1 I-797 form that was mailed back from TSC
26Jun15/9pm: received text/email that I-129F was approved--took 5 months/2 weeks/3 days
3Jul15: received official NOA2 approval letter that said it was sent to NVC on 2Jul15

10Jul15: NVC received, created case number, and put into their system (at least that's what i was told on 17Jul15)
called NVC on July 17, 24 and will call Aug 7--STILL IN Administrative Processing
4Aug15 - checked CEAC site; finally "In Transit" (!!!)
7Aug15 - CEAC site says "Ready at Embassy (BGN)"
7Aug15 - 1st phone contact with BGN, was told everything is by email now, no phone calls are conducted :sleepy:
10Aug15 - 1st email contact with BGN--several auto responses, the American Consulate Service email address is the only one to reply after i sent screenshot of CEAC "Ready" page, saying they haven't received anything from NVC but that they sent Packet 3

11Aug15 - 2nd email contact with BGN--BridgetownACS replies the next day, ADMITTING that they sent Packet 3 via r-e-g-u-l-a-r INTERNATIONAL snail mail--not DHL--and attaches .pdf of Packet 3 :ranting:

12Aug15 - 3rd email contact with BGN
13Aug15 - BGN won't respond to 12Aug15 email; resent email asking for help with my 3 questions on how to proceed since they don't/won't answer questions via phone; signed Visa Interview Request letter DHLed to BGN
14Aug15 BGN received DHL visa interview request letter at 3pm...radio silence
4am 17aug15 - emailed embassy with .pdf proof of 14aug15 BGN receipt of signed interview request letter and made request for an interview date and time
9am 17aug15 - embassy emailed back with .pdf of packet 4 AND letter granting interview date and time! :wow:
official papers STILL on their way via INTERNATIONAL SNAIL MAIL though... :rolleyes:
4sep15 BGN confirms, via email, that the .pdf versions of Packet 3 & 4 they sent will be viable for use at the BGN interview and medicals
7-11sep15 - paper packet 4 arrived in DOM via international snail mail from BGN **AFTER** TS Erika came through (paper packet 3 is probably lost in the ether somewhere, lol)
22sep15 - interview AND APPROVAL at BGN!
5OCT15 - VISA IN PASSPORT & IN HAND VIA DHL!!!! :dance:

October 23, 2015 - POE: San Juan, PR & BWI, Maryland!!
:wub::wub: December 11, 2015 - MARRIED! :wub::wub:

2HbJm5.png
AOS journey
18jan16 - 430pm - i-485 packet overnighted to Chicago via UPS

16feb16 - biometrics appointment

Timeline

That is so cute trublu, it's cool that you guys can share your culture together! also yum guinness..

I got to schedule my interview today. Sept 18th!! Tomorrow I am going to call and schedule my medical. So excited!!!

My case is "In Transit" to the Embassy! OMG! So exciting :)

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Timeline

i checked the CEAC site yesterday then got really busy, so i didn't get back here to say:

*yelling at top of voice*

WE ARE FINALLY IN TRANSIT AS WELL!!! YAAAAYY!!

My case is "In Transit" to the Embassy! OMG! So exciting :)

congrats to you racheal&david -- i know the feeling!

Edited by trublubu2

TvhNm5.png

ZYKgm5.png

the K-1 visajourney
December 31, 2014/6pm: paid & checked in I-129F at FedEx/Kinko's; they said it should reach TSC by 2Jan15
June 26, 2015/9pm: received text/email that I-129F was approved--took 5 months/2 weeks/3 days

9Jan15: date of receipt on official NOA1 I-797 form that was mailed back from TSC
26Jun15/9pm: received text/email that I-129F was approved--took 5 months/2 weeks/3 days
3Jul15: received official NOA2 approval letter that said it was sent to NVC on 2Jul15

10Jul15: NVC received, created case number, and put into their system (at least that's what i was told on 17Jul15)
called NVC on July 17, 24 and will call Aug 7--STILL IN Administrative Processing
7Aug15 - 1st phone contact with BGN, was told everything is by email now, no phone calls are conducted :sleepy:
10Aug15 - 1st email contact with BGN--several auto responses, the American Consulate Service email address is the only one to reply after i sent screenshot of CEAC "Ready" page, saying they haven't received anything from NVC but that they sent Packet 3

11Aug15 - 2nd email contact with BGN--BridgetownACS replies the next day, ADMITTING that they sent Packet 3 via r-e-g-u-l-a-r INTERNATIONAL snail mail--not DHL--and attaches .pdf of Packet 3 :ranting:

13Aug15 - BGN won't respond to 12Aug15 email; resent email asking for help with my 3 questions on how to proceed since they don't/won't answer questions via phone; signed Visa Interview Request letter DHLed to BGN
4am 17aug15 - emailed embassy with .pdf proof of 14aug15 BGN receipt of signed interview request letter and made request for an interview date and time
9am 17aug15 - embassy emailed back with .pdf of packet 4 AND letter granting interview date and time! :wow:
official papers STILL on their way via INTERNATIONAL SNAIL MAIL though... :rolleyes:
4sep15 BGN confirms, via email, that the .pdf versions of Packet 3 & 4 they sent will be viable for use at the BGN interview and medicals
7-11sep15 - paper packet 4 arrived in DOM via international snail mail from BGN **AFTER** TS Erika came through (paper packet 3 is probably lost in the ether somewhere, lol)

2HbJm5.png
AOS journey

Timeline

thanks @bloopygirl.

we still need to get our plane tickets together, pay the DS-160 fee, book a hotel, take leave from work, and get the interview date scheduled, and we want to do it in late august (because there are only a few tickets left to barbados under $500) and ALL of this is why i was tearing my hair out over the AP slacking for 5+ weeks at NVC.

BGN embassy has no medical schedule; it's first come, first serve beginning at 8am...i wonder if that's a chaotic scene...juuust a little, lol

That is so cute trublu, it's cool that you guys can share your culture together! also yum guinness..

I got to schedule my interview today. Sept 18th!! Tomorrow I am going to call and schedule my medical. So excited!!!

TvhNm5.png

ZYKgm5.png

the K-1 visajourney

2HbJm5.png
AOS journey

i checked the CEAC site yesterday then got really busy, so i didn't get back here to say:

*yelling at top of voice*

WE ARE FINALLY IN TRANSIT AS WELL!!! YAAAAYY!!

congrats to you racheal&david -- i know the feeling!

Thanks! I've just checked CEAC and we're in "Ready" status :joy: Got my medical on the 12th...all excting, for us all!

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

Timeline

Hi Marc, I would probably wait another week to call them..

I had my medical today. It only took about forty minutes, the doctor was really nice. Now I'm just waiting for my police check back!

And the interview is in forty days... gotta book our flights to Montreal soon.

Timeline

My case was sent to NVC on 22 july. How long untill it says ready? And when it says ready will i get new case no or have to wait another weeks

On the USCIS site, after it says "we sent your file to the department of state," it won't update on there anymore. You have to call the NVC to get the new case number. Then you can put that new number into the CEAC tracker, and that will tell you when the NVC sends it to the consulate ("in transit") and when it arrives ("ready")

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

On the USCIS site, after it says "we sent your file to the department of state," it won't update on there anymore. You have to call the NVC to get the new case number. Then you can put that new number into the CEAC tracker, and that will tell you when the NVC sends it to the consulate ("in transit") and when it arrives ("ready")

When we get new case number it will be mail to the petitioner?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.