19 posts in this topic

we are.

am still waiting for bct.

I've been waiting for my 10 yrs green card over 8 months.

It wasn't easy at all. I went to my country with 1 year extension letter however CBP wouldn't let me come back to U.S. so I had to get transportation letter from U.S. embassy.....

I did biometrics over 3 times... and I went to the office for getting another 1 year extension stamp. then... nothing was changed so I started to keep bugging USCIS officer eventually one of the officer helped me to look over my case then eventually I got it.

ohoh i see .. your RFE make it longer than average.speed. :idea:

Swear in 03/20/2015

U.S. Citizenship 2015 Nov~

Removing conditions on Residency

I-751 Filed 06/09/2014
NOA 1 NEVER RECEIVED (EDIT - MY HUSBAND PUT THAT LETTER IN THE CAR...GRRRR I JUST NOTICED THAT AFTER I RECEIVED MY GREENCARD)
Biometrics 07/14/2014
(Case transfer from VSC to CSC Oct/29/2014)
RFE Received 12/18/2014
2nd Bio 01/23/2015
3rd Bio 02/03/2015 + Infopass for I-551 stamp
RFE Responded 02/04/2015 (Mailed RFE Jan 30)
Approved!!!!! 02/10/2015
Card Mailed 02/17/2015 Card was picked up by the usps 02/18/2015
Card in hand 02/21/2015 !!!!!

Adjust to permanent resident status

Filed 05/03/2012
NOA 1 05/07/2012(notice date)
Biometrics 06/08/2012
(Case transfer from VSC to CSC June/01/2012)
Approved 09/05/2012
(welcome notice with card)

Filed: Timeline

I wouldn't worry too much.

Somewhere between 90% and 95% of cases are approved. If your marriage is legitimate (I have no way of knowing), your odds should be better.

Most cases are resolved without an interview. I can't say what the averages are, but in my ex-wife's case, the interview was not scheduled until about 10 1/2 months after the I-751 was filed, and it was six weeks until the interview itself.

You cannot do anything to speed it up until six months have passed. At that point you can contact USCIS and say that you are "outside normal processing time" and they should act. Again going back to my ex-wife, the only thing that really triggered the action was that I went to USCIS about 9 months after filing and they discovered nothing was happening. The immigration officer I spoke to immediately requested her file be send to the field office. Had I not gone it could have taken even longer.

Based on posts on this forum, RFE's are somewhat random. People submit what seem like fairly comprehensive packages and yet still get RFE's. This doesn't mean they aren't approved. Internal USCIS memos indicate that they recognize that RFE's are not sufficiently descriptive of what they are looking for.

I wouldn't panic. This is not like applying to Harvard, where you can be extremely well qualified and still be turned down.

You didn't say when your overseas travel is, but if it is coming up soon, or will be relatively brief (i.e. no more than 2-3 weeks) you should be OK. You can reschedule an interview for "good cause." I'm not sure what "good cause" is. i suspect it's something more serious than "I can't get a babysitter." In my case, I told USCIS that my mother was gravely ill and I might not be able to make it if she actually died, and they agreed. (Turned out not to matter because (a) before they actually rescheduled I told them I wasn't going and (b) my mother didn't die until the following week). If they scheduled for the 10th and you said you were abroad until the 15th, I think they would probably reschedule. If you said you were abroad for the next 3 months, they probably wouldn't.

thanks for your ethusiastic word.

may ask you sth later.

i learned a lot :idea:

depression comes now

I wouldn't worry too much.

Somewhere between 90% and 95% of cases are approved. If your marriage is legitimate (I have no way of knowing), your odds should be better.

Most cases are resolved without an interview. I can't say what the averages are, but in my ex-wife's case, the interview was not scheduled until about 10 1/2 months after the I-751 was filed, and it was six weeks until the interview itself.

You cannot do anything to speed it up until six months have passed. At that point you can contact USCIS and say that you are "outside normal processing time" and they should act. Again going back to my ex-wife, the only thing that really triggered the action was that I went to USCIS about 9 months after filing and they discovered nothing was happening. The immigration officer I spoke to immediately requested her file be send to the field office. Had I not gone it could have taken even longer.

Based on posts on this forum, RFE's are somewhat random. People submit what seem like fairly comprehensive packages and yet still get RFE's. This doesn't mean they aren't approved. Internal USCIS memos indicate that they recognize that RFE's are not sufficiently descriptive of what they are looking for.

I wouldn't panic. This is not like applying to Harvard, where you can be extremely well qualified and still be turned down.

You didn't say when your overseas travel is, but if it is coming up soon, or will be relatively brief (i.e. no more than 2-3 weeks) you should be OK. You can reschedule an interview for "good cause." I'm not sure what "good cause" is. i suspect it's something more serious than "I can't get a babysitter." In my case, I told USCIS that my mother was gravely ill and I might not be able to make it if she actually died, and they agreed. (Turned out not to matter because (a) before they actually rescheduled I told them I wasn't going and (b) my mother didn't die until the following week). If they scheduled for the 10th and you said you were abroad until the 15th, I think they would probably reschedule. If you said you were abroad for the next 3 months, they probably wouldn't.

we are.

am still waiting for bct.

I've been waiting for my 10 yrs green card over 8 months.

It wasn't easy at all. I went to my country with 1 year extension letter however CBP wouldn't let me come back to U.S. so I had to get transportation letter from U.S. embassy.....

I did biometrics over 3 times... and I went to the office for getting another 1 year extension stamp. then... nothing was changed so I started to keep bugging USCIS officer eventually one of the officer helped me to look over my case then eventually I got it.

You had mentioned you were able to travel to your country with the 1 year extension letter but they wouldn't let you back to US. Can I ask what country this is? My husband is planning on traveling to his home country in the near future and he hasn't gone to his biometric appointment yet. Did you travel after you did your biometric appointment? I don't want what hapened to you happen to him. So what is the transportation letter from the US Embassy? Can you elaborate more details on this? It would help us greatly! Thanks so much so far!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.