Adil & Jeanne

Our 6 year ordeal / Visa in hand

35 posts in this topic

Anyone

how many certified birth certificates should be bring?

need one for social security

one for driver's license

one for college

and one to keep

any others?

I don't know if this will help, but I don't believe that SSA, the DMV office, educational institution and any others will retain the copies. If he has college transcripts, see if you need to get those notarized or certified. I know for a UCS to use their college education overseas, I will need to get my transcripts notarized, and get the notarized stamp verified by the state. (This would be rather difficult for me as I'm trying to help a friend get hers certified. It's a pain in the neck!!) See what college you want him to attend and see what they require. They may have specific requirements for different countries.

This may not apply to you, but any handwritten passports will be invalid for international travel in November 2015. So everyone will need electronic passports to travel after this date. At any rate, you want to be mindful of his passport expiration date. You'll want to make sure his is valid until he is naturalized (if you two go that route). If it will expire between now and then, that may not be an issue if he won't be traveling internationally during that gap.

You may want to check the Moroccan embassy here in the US. They may have services, such as birth certificate re-issuance or identity card issuance. Then if you lose anything, you may be able to get anything from them. They should also be able to issue a new passport if he needs to travel after his current passport expires and before he gets US passport and/or before his current one expires and you get him a new Moroccan passport.

Signature coming soon...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

God ... And we thought our journey was bad enough. It's not even near yours I am glad that you're together now and no one can say anything to you and you don't have to wait to see him or you have to fly to see him.

Enjoy every moment together !!

Marriage

06/20/2010: Met Online

09/05/2012: Marriage in Pretoria, South Africa

I-130

03/24/2013: Package I-130 was sent to Chicago Lockbox
04/01/2013: NOA1 Hard Copy
07/26/2013: Infopass
07/30/2013: RFE Received
08/05/2013: RFE Sent
05/01/2014: NOA2 Hard Copy

The process took almost 14 months (well ... that really sucks)

AOS

05/05/2014: Package I-485, I-765 and I-131 Sent
05/16/2014: NOA1 Hard Copy( I-765, I-485 )

05/28/2014: Biometric Appointment ( 15 days earlier than scheduled )

06/04/2014: RFE ( Sponsor's Proof of Employment )

06/06/2014: RFE Sent

07/30/2014: EAD/AP Received

09/23/2014: Interview

10/03/2014: Case Approved
10/09/2014: GC Received (10 YRS)

N-400

Qualified by 319b

05/02/2015: Fingerprints in the US embassy

05/04/2015: N-400 sent

05/19/2015: Cash checked

05/21/2015: NOA1

06/08/2015: In-Line for an Interview

07/21/2015: Interview

07/21/2015: Oath Ceremony ... I'm a U.S. Citizen

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congrats AND thank you for sharing your story and most of everyones story here.

I do understand both your relief you feel now. I was there when my SO was approved and we came "home" together.

Did he POE? I dont think he is here yet right? GOOD luck with that.

Now the next journey starts....

ADJUSTMENT.

Take it easy when he does arrive...things can be over whelming in the beginning.

Our stories are very similar, just a few years ahead of you and we are still nowhere...hahaha.

But it is all in GOD's hands. Praise GOD.

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Your post actually made me cry. :cry: That is one crazy visa journey and some amazing bonds between you and your husband, sticking it out this long and never giving up. Congratulations on finally having the visa and being allowed to be together.

There is something seriously wrong with the US immigration process and your case is just one example of that. I wouldn't wish the US immigration process on my worst enemy. Glad you beat them. Wish you both all the best in your future.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.