mikhaildmitri

No W-2 (Affidavit of Support)

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi again guys, I badly need help on this part of the process, I just got an approval (NOA2) within 1 month after filing for Fiance Visa,

Visa Journey helped me get through the first step, so I appreciate every helpful member in this forum, I thank you with all my heart. But again, I would have to ask you guys again to help me get through this second process of the application.

I was under the impression that I would only need salary range and letter of employment on the form.

But I was looking at the requirements on US Embassy in the Philippines and saw that they require 3 years of W-2 and 6 recent pay stubs.

In 2013, I only worked as a part time and got around $170 refund, 2014 I did not work as W2 at all, I was just doing some personal projects and was on vacation in the Philippines for half a year,

I just got a job in Jan. 2015 as 1099 and filing for taxes should be by next year. So I don't really have anything to show.

Now, the question is, WHAT DO I DO? PLEASE HELP :crying:

Edited by mikhaildmitri

do you have 10-99s?

If you do not meet criteria to be sponsor for somebody (check online criteria for your state) you would need to find sponsor who is going to sign affidavit and show their stubs/tax returns ......

Good luck!

Regardless current job you need to show earnings for last years.

It doesnt have to be joint sponsor, let new sponsor be only sponsor. and it could be anybody, friend, family member.......whoever.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

1.) I would be surprised if the I-134 or tax returns or W-2's are even requested at the time of interview. They have not been asking for that for about 6 months now.

2.) I would send a letter stating that you are self employed and your projected income for year ended 2015, In case the CO asks for it at time of interview..

They said that the U.S Embassy in Manila, Philippines does not allow joint sponsor, anyways, The job I got this year for 1099 earns me $40k/year and I have recent pay stubs and bank statements.

Philippines allows Co SPonsors if needed on K1 on a case by case basis.

IF you are married then they accept co sponsors....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you so much VOL!!! This is the most useful response I've read for my case, thank you

post Philippines specific questions in this section, it is regional forum and only about Philippines and US Embassy in Manila

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

They do of course, but signing affidavit of support you have to show earning and tax returns for last 3 years and what they consider is LAST YEAR INCOME

No. You can use current income, and 3 years of taxes is not required by most consulate's for the I-134.

OP>If you do not have a return for 2014, you can write a statement as to why you were not legally required to file. It is trickier for someone that is self-employed to prove current income though, and most recent tax return is usually required for that. Since you are going through Manila and they seem to have relaxed their policies on the financials lately, you can probably just bring your bank statements and pay stubs with your I-134. Perhaps they won't even ask for it.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi again guys, I badly need help on this part of the process, I just got an approval (NOA2) within 1 month after filing for Fiance Visa,

Visa Journey helped me get through the first step, so I appreciate every helpful member in this forum, I thank you with all my heart. But again, I would have to ask you guys again to help me get through this second process of the application.

I was under the impression that I would only need salary range and letter of employment on the form.

But I was looking at the requirements on US Embassy in the Philippines and saw that they require 3 years of W-2 and 6 recent pay stubs.

In 2013, I only worked as a part time and got around $170 refund, 2014 I did not work as W2 at all, I was just doing some personal projects and was on vacation in the Philippines for half a year,

I just got a job in Jan. 2015 as 1099 and filing for taxes should be by next year. So I don't really have anything to show.

You are looking at the wrong information, no where in the embassy instructions letter do they ask for 3 years of tax returns, you only need your MOST RECENT tax return and W2 (or the 1099)

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/1178798/feb2015/K1-K2%20Applicant%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_February%202015_.pdf

Your gross income has to meet the poverty guidelines as stated in the I-864P

For more details follow the flashing arrow in my signature.

Lastly, jump over to the Philippines forum for your questions relating to the process in Manila

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Philippines related as the OP is asking about USEM Philippines!

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

my husband has only been working one month when we sent ours, we included recent pay stub and a letter from employer, we included tax transcripts but he was a student at the time so don't help much. we had a joint sponsor but the lawyer told us it wasn't necessary, hoping it will be enough.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.