4 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

I have 2 hypothetical scenarios here that i just want to get an opinion on.

1. What if it happens that after we have already submitted the AOS financial docs to NVC (these docs are showing that we have met the minimum household requirement), my husband then all of a sudden get laid off at work, thus making him unemployed...

A. Should that concern us?

B. What should we do since its already submitted to NVC?

2. Or what if before we were able to submit the AOS financial docs to NVC, my husband got laid off from work, thus making him unemployed. But he already have the IRS tax transcript copies and it's showing his annual income from his last job. (This annual income is meeting the minimum income requirement).

A. Should we still use that?

B. Should we still get a sponsor even if it shows in the IRS tax transcript that he's meeting the minimum requirement?

C. or should we get a sponsor since he then became unemployed?

Thank you so much for all ur responses. I hope u can answer all my questions.

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

I have 2 hypothetical scenarios here that i just want to get an opinion on.

1. What if it happens that after we have already submitted the AOS financial docs to NVC (these docs are showing that we have met the minimum household requirement), my husband then all of a sudden get laid off at work, thus making him unemployed...

A. Should that concern us?

B. What should we do since its already submitted to NVC?

What you've submitted is valid, but try to find work before the interview, because they will ask if he's still working at the same job at the interview, and if not, they will ask for a new I-864.

2. Or what if before we were able to submit the AOS financial docs to NVC, my husband got laid off from work, thus making him unemployed. But he already have the IRS tax transcript copies and it's showing his annual income from his last job. (This annual income is meeting the minimum income requirement).

A. Should we still use that?

Tax return transcripts from past years and current income are two independent things. The sponsor must always submit the tax return transcript from the last (and optionally last 3) years, regardless of current income.

B. Should we still get a sponsor even if it shows in the IRS tax transcript that he's meeting the minimum requirement?

C. or should we get a sponsor since he then became unemployed?

Thank you so much for all ur responses. I hope u can answer all my questions.

It's the current income that needs to meet the requirement. Past tax transcripts are unrelated. If he has not enough current income then you need to find a joint sponsor.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for your reply.

Also, i saw in the nvc website this:

"If you completed Form I-864, I-864A, or I-864EZ and the income reported on this form or your tax return reflects income below the poverty guidelines for the year the form was submitted, submit evidence of your income. This can include the following documents:"

So does this mean that if the income reported on the tax return reflects income ABOVE the poverty guidelines, then there is no need to submit evidence of income?

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for your reply.

Also, i saw in the nvc website this:

"If you completed Form I-864, I-864A, or I-864EZ and the income reported on this form or your tax return reflects income below the poverty guidelines for the year the form was submitted, submit evidence of your income. This can include the following documents:"

So does this mean that if the income reported on the tax return reflects income ABOVE the poverty guidelines, then there is no need to submit evidence of income?

No. You should always submit evidence of current income.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.