TBoneTX

"Obama Modifies Oath of Allegiance for New Americans, Removes Pledge to Defend the USA"

32 posts in this topic

I liked that comment as well and agreed with a majority of it as well.

I understand where you are coming from and I respect that. My take is that you will not help the military in any way shape or form, am I right? My take is that if are not willing to take up arms to defend the country, there are many jobs that you can do in the military that can help it without taking up arms. That is how I see that aspect of being a CO. The Constitution can only protect you if there are people willing to protect the Constitution and what it stands for. We had this saying in the Marine Corps to people who we don't agree with, and it goes like this: "I may not agree with what you saying/protesting, but I will fight for that right for you to do that."

Anyway, I completely understand where you are coming from and I fully respect that.

I liked that comment as well and agreed with a majority of it as well.

I understand where you are coming from and I respect that. My take is that you will not help the military in any way shape or form, am I right? My take is that if are not willing to take up arms to defend the country, there are many jobs that you can do in the military that can help it without taking up arms. That is how I see that aspect of being a CO. The Constitution can only protect you if there are people willing to protect the Constitution and what it stands for. We had this saying in the Marine Corps to people who we don't agree with, and it goes like this: "I may not agree with what you saying/protesting, but I will fight for that right for you to do that."

Anyway, I completely understand where you are coming from and I fully respect that.

Yes, cyberfox, I will not help the military in any way, shape or form. (Not including taxes. I pay the taxes, which in theory could be use to finance the military.) My fiance has, yet I hope in that situation he declines to as well. However, what I would completely agree with, what I do now in my current position, and what I would make carefully sure to do in any (God forbid) military state of emergency is "Perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law."

This is in the oath that is currently administered by the USCIS to naturalized citizens and I agree is a responsibility of citizenry.

(http://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/naturalization-test/naturalization-oath-allegiance-united-states-america)

Edited by Amhara

Signature coming soon...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.