We Keep Receipts

Video of Sandra Bland's arrest ignites firestorm of reactions

90 posts in this topic

They were white. Geezz

Lol, I remember one you posted with a black dude giving the cop lip. I'm kind of shocked they didn't hymn him up...

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am positive it will be determined she hung her self. No foul play.....

I am positive this will be the outcome of the investigation, too, because I highly doubt that the investigation will be looking for any alternative answer and I believe that the investigation wants to find but one thing--that she hung herself.

When the investigators gain more from finding the police innocent than the victim to actually be a victim, well, it's never going to be a fair investigation, is it?

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I am positive this will be the outcome of the investigation, too, because I highly doubt that the investigation will be looking for any alternative answer and I believe that the investigation wants to find but one thing--that she hung herself.

Perhaps, but there's probably too much national attention on it for a perfunctory investigation, even if things in a small, rural county might ordinarily be rigged. It will be interesting to read the conclusions.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Perhaps, but there's probably too much national attention on it for a perfunctory investigation, even if things in a small, rural county might ordinarily be rigged. It will be interesting to read the conclusions.

Given that even the federal level investigators have an investment in maintaining the status quo in terms of how police operate, the investigation will be in depth, take months, and find that she hung herself, is what I believe. Maybe I'll be proven wrong. I'd like to be proven wrong. But if choking out Garner on video wasn't enough to indict, then how is this going to go any differently?

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Even without the attention, I know for a fact it's not going to be handled properly. It's a double edge sword. If there was foul play, they won't admit it. If there wasn't, folks will cry foul because this happens so much you can't trust them.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You might be right. However, the chief of the Texas Department of Public Safety says that the trooper acted inappropriately, and if DPS is involved in the investigation of the death, I suspect that things will be exhaustive, with every conclusion justified.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Given that even the federal level investigators have an investment in maintaining the status quo in terms of how police operate, the investigation will be in depth, take months, and find that she hung herself, is what I believe. Maybe I'll be proven wrong. I'd like to be proven wrong. But if choking out Garner on video wasn't enough to indict, then how is this going to go any differently?

There are quite a few videos out there of cops brutalizing or killing people out right and those people still walk or it takes multiple trials to secure a conviction.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/08/us/delaware-police-kick-video/

This one just makes me sad and angry at the same time....

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

She kicked the police officer and was charged with assault on police officer

"She was about to be let off with a written warning when she kicked the officer outside her car and was taken into custody, he said. Law enforcement officials said she declined medical treatment offered at the scene.

Sheriff Glenn Smith said she was charged with assault of a public servant and was arraigned over the weekend, when her bond was set at $5,000. A female jailer found her about 9 a.m. Monday, Smith said. Paramedics were called and CPR was administered, he said, but she was pronounced dead shortly afterward."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-sandra-bland-texas-jail-death-met-0717-20150717-story.html#page=1

Case Closed

Nothing to see now it appears to be a waste of tax payers money..........

She kicked the police officer and was charged with assault on police officer

"She was about to be let off with a written warning when she kicked the officer outside her car and was taken into custody, he said. Law enforcement officials said she declined medical treatment offered at the scene.

Sheriff Glenn Smith said she was charged with assault of a public servant and was arraigned over the weekend, when her bond was set at $5,000. A female jailer found her about 9 a.m. Monday, Smith said. Paramedics were called and CPR was administered, he said, but she was pronounced dead shortly afterward."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-sandra-bland-texas-jail-death-met-0717-20150717-story.html#page=1

Case Closed

Nothing to see now it appears to be a waste of tax payers money..........

Does the video show her kicking the officer?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

Does the video show her kicking the officer?

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jul/21/sandra-bland-dashcam-video-arrest-released

Watch the video and listen at the end. I suspect it was around the 5:00 mark when she kicked him

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jul/21/sandra-bland-dashcam-video-arrest-released

Watch the video and listen at the end. I suspect it was around the 5:00 mark when she kicked him

Yeah, that tends to be a response after someone leans in and tries to yank you out of a car...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

Yeah, that tends to be a response after someone leans in and tries to yank you out of a car...

As I said you kinda just gotta play the game when dealing with a cop.

You pick your fight, I don't blame her for being pissed.

Why didn't anyone bail her out of jail?

Why did her family or friends let he spend the weekend in jail?

As I said you kinda just gotta play the game when dealing with a cop.

You pick your fight, I don't blame her for being pissed.

Why didn't anyone bail her out of jail?

Why did her family or friends let he spend the weekend in jail?

They might not have known, or they couldn't post her bail. It's a known fact POC get a higher bail amount than regular folks.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

They might not have known, or they couldn't post her bail. It's a known fact POC get a higher bail amount than regular folks.

$500 was the bail.

This article said she also suffers from derpression and PTSD and posted a facebook video talking about her depression.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/07/16/sandra-bland-tried-to-post-bail-before-allegedly-committing-suicide.html

$500 was the bail.

This article said she also suffers from derpression and PTSD and posted a facebook video talking about her depression.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/07/16/sandra-bland-tried-to-post-bail-before-allegedly-committing-suicide.html

Could be getting locked up was the trigger. 500$ is a lot of money for some families. Or like I said before, they didn't know...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg