Mike and Maria

A Question on a K1 Visa Re-validation? Left the USA without AOS...

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey ! Yer Welcome ! Tell Yer Friends! :D

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

One quick question Darnell...

What exactly will Maria be doing once she gets her name on the security guards list?

Obviously it must be to enter the embassy... but can you tell me what she should do once she gets in the embassy? Does she follow the original procedure?

Does she need to bring any documents?

I'm sorry to be a pest...:)

Timeline

this is where it gets iffy...

she needs to be 'documentarily qualified' to have that visa re-issued.

so stuff will get looked at, from the copy of the casefile that the IV Unit still has, silly stuff with expiration dates:

1. NBI/police clearance report issuance date

2. medical exam date

so if these docs' issuance dates are golden, she doesn't need another thing. if something expired, well, she needs another one, in order to be 'documentarily qualified' to receive the visa (again).

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

What Darnell says, plus evidence that supports the emergency need to have returned to her country.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Okay... Thank god all of that is still current, including the medical...

I am glad to know that she may not need to bring anything because it is all here in the USA because I was fairly certain she could come back...

Luckily, the embassy has the case file and we were there in May of this year..

Hopefully this is the last question... where should she go? or who should she ask for once she is in the embassy?

I went to our visa embassy appointment with her and it is a confusing place at best...

I just want to be able to tell her to "go to window A" or "Ask for the immigration desk",,, something like that, so she understands what to do once she is in the embassy

Timeline

Hi TBone TX!

Well... the emergency was complications with her sister's first pregnancy... Filipino families are so very close to each other...

When her sister said she was having issues, Maria was so worried that she flew back to be by her side...

Now things are stable, but there is no "medical evidence" that I can get...

It will only be her explanation of why she left the USA...

I hope that is enough?

Timeline

the response she gets back from the IV unit - will contain further instructions on where/when/who to see.

if she walks in instead, the security guard will tell her where to go and when (what time during that day)

regardless of either method, she'll be going back to the IV Unit, talking with a Vice-Consul.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would go to Manila yourself.

Lines tend to clear out after 12 and then I would enter the Embassy and try to get this issue taken care of.

I would let your girl try to see if she can solve it, But you know how they (people in Philippines) let to give people the run around.

IF she hasn't got this issue solved by 14th I would be booking a trip

Timeline

It is so frustrating that the embassy does not respond to ANYTHING.... emails, phone calls...

There has been NOTHING from the IV unit, and I have sent 4 separate emails spaced evenly apart over the past MONTH

So Darnell and Vol... thank you again :) So you both think that she should fly to Manila and just go to the front gate directly?

And go there after lunch?

I even sent the email requesting her name be added to the guard's list and nothing...

Timeline

Quick update!!!

My girl went to the embassy... the guard let her in at almost noon today...

She is inside going to the IV UNIT -window 38!

So far, so GOOD!

Timeline

Well bad news... and I am very upset about it.... the "vice consul" just told her that they cannot "reissue" her K1 visa!!!!

She even showed them this:

9 FAM 41.81 N6.3 Reissuance of K-1 Visa

(TL:VISA-2; 08-30-1987)

If a K-1 visa, valid for a single entry and a 6-month period, has already been

used for admission into the United States and the alien fiancé(e) has

returned abroad prior to the marriage, the consular officer may issue a new

K visa, provided that the period of validity does not exceed the 90th day

after the date of initial admission of the alien on the original K visa and

provided also that the petitioner and beneficiary still intend and are free to

marry. The alien’s return to the United States and marriage to the petitioner

must take place within 90 days from the date of the original admission into

the United States in K status.

I can't even f'ing believe it!!!!!

Timeline

I cannot believe how incompetent the embassy is... she is there crying outside the embassy.... the in charge there told her that they cannot reissue the visa because she did not get a AOS before she left!!1

She even showed them the code REQUIRING them to review and reissue...

SOB!! We have until September 14th on our current visa and the $#$#$@# said we need to start completely over!!1

What bullsh*t!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

My advice better consult an immigration lawyer. The K1 visa re-issuance has procedures that we dont know much. The immigration lawyer can help.

Edited by rev28

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.