TracyFan

Deadline to turn in all the documents to NVC

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: China
Timeline

Hello!

I am the petitioner for my mother to immigrate here. The case got approved and AOS fee was paid. Now the IV fee is invoiced online maybe two weeks ago, but I have not paid it yet. For some reason I am still waiting for one of my documents to be finished (it might take longer time, like several months) . I am curious about the time frame NVC allows the petitioner to submit all the documents without causing any troubles to the petitioner and beneficiary. Is there any deadline to pay the IV fee, fill out DS-260, and submit all the documents (financial and civil documents)? What should I do at this point while I'm waiting for the documents to be ready?

Thank you for much for your help!

Tracy

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The petitioner submits the affidavit of support documents.

The civil documents are the beneficiary's documents.

You both have within one year to comply.

Timeline

Yes, you're right. So when do you start counting for that one year period? So I basically do not need to do anything within that one year? I can just pay the IV fee now, and wait till the document is ready and turn them all in at once even it might be several months later. Would I get a checklist or something like that for the time I am waiting? Thank you.

Edited by TracyFan

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

it's one year per thing, there are 2 things (AoS and IV)

but usually it's 1 year since last NVC contact (file a form, correspondence, pay a fee, etc).

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

but usually it's 1 year since last NVC contact (file a form, correspondence, pay a fee, etc).

I have a question here : Can the NVC completed our case and we approve the visa later on before applying the Affidavit of support by my US husband , or should everything get completed before issuing the visa

Timeline

sorry, what means?

we approve the visa later on before applying the Affidavit of support

???

AOS is turned in to NVC, a general review done, but

it's the Vice-Consul, at the IV Unit, that makes the adjudication on the I-864, ON INTERVIEW DAY. If a problem on interview day, the Vice-Consul will tell the beneficiary about it, is given another opportunity to give over more updated documents.

I not understand what you've written, sorry, and I have DarnellSpeak v9.43.22 Rev K installed at the moment.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Everything must be completed at the NVC stage before they will set the embassy interview date. If you don't comply with the NVC requirements, your case will be stuck there.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

What are the civil documents.? Cos me and my petitioner recive email welcome later nvc .we paid our aos fee now waiting to pay iv processing fee.what documents I should get ready.should I have to send these documents to my petitioner to United States so she can send nvc ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

What are the civil documents.? Cos me and my petitioner recive email welcome later nvc .we paid our aos fee now waiting to pay iv processing fee.what documents I should get ready.should I have to send these documents to my petitioner to United States so she can send nvc ?

Timeline

geez. welcome to VJ ?

Study here, instead: --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/555210-nvc-filers-july-2015/

Spend a full 24 hours studying post 1 and all of the links in post #1 , from a PC. Don't waste time punching through on a handphone, as handphones absolutely suck for the research and learning that you need to do. They suck so much, you'll be cleaning off the rhubarb sputum from your fingertips... and no one wants that, at all !

and finally, give over that link [ http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/555210-nvc-filers-july-2015/] to your USCitizen Petitioner. He/She needs to study it, learn it, adopt it as The New Bible.

Timeline

At the mean time while I'm waiting for the document to be ready, do I need to email NVC and tell them that I'll turn in all the documents in several months? I don't want to get any trouble when I turn in the documents later on. So, I'm courious if there is anything I need to do with NVC now.

Do I need to pay IV fee since its invoiced online already? My understanding is that if I pay it now, I will still have one year to turn in all the documents. Is it correct?

Edited by TracyFan

Timeline

Tracy and Fan, collectively -

what was the date on the last thing you did with NVC, and what was it? I can't answer your question without knowing the thing and the date.

Timeline

Hello Darnell, the last thing I did with NVC was calling them to review my choice of agent on June, 16th.

I just sent them an email two days ago asking them the deadline to turn in all documents, no reply yet.

However, on May, 20th I emailed NVC to ask about my case status and they just returned my email last night saying that there is a fee I need to pay online which I knew alreday (the IV fee) and the petitioner needs to turn in AOS document. I don't know if it's a checklist, cause the email they sent to me last night was a return email.

I'm actually waiting for my W-2 for this year, but it will not be available to me until the end of the year. Since my last year's income is not enough and no joint sponsor is found yet, so I need to wait for my W-2.

That's why I want to know the deadline to pay fees, file forms, and turn in documents. Also things I can do right now to avoid later troubles.

Thank you so much Darnell!

Tracy and Fan, collectively -

what was the date on the last thing you did with NVC, and what was it? I can't answer your question without knowing the thing and the date.

Timeline

1. Hello Darnell, the last thing I did with NVC was calling them to review my choice of agent on June, 16th.

2. I just sent them an email two days ago asking them the deadline to turn in all documents, no reply yet.

3. However, on May, 20th I emailed NVC to ask about my case status and they just returned my email last night saying that there is a fee I need to pay online which I knew alreday (the IV fee) and the petitioner needs to turn in AOS document. I don't know if it's a checklist, cause the email they sent to me last night was a return email.

4. I'm actually waiting for my W-2 for this year, but it will not be available to me until the end of the year. Since my last year's income is not enough and no joint sponsor is found yet, so I need to wait for my W-2.

That's why I want to know the deadline to pay fees, file forms, and turn in documents. Also things I can do right now to avoid later troubles.

Thank you so much Darnell!

1. OK - if the DS-261 has not been added to the casefile, then the IV stuff won't be available yet on the portal. You can study turn around times in Saylin's spreadsheet, when you have a moment and are on a PC - the link to that spreadsheet is in post #1 at every NVC Monthly Thread.

2. Expect an answer back about 60 days later, as currently the queue hold for email anything into NVC is at 60 days. Might be less in the future.

3. See? 60 days turn around time.

4. So you want to wait, hold off a bit. I understand. Folk do this for the exact reason you cite.

Timeline

I believe my DS-261 has been added to the case file since IV fee is available to be paid online.

You are right. What I need to do right now is to wait. However, do I have to do anything besides waiting? I meant do I need to email NVC to let them hold on to my case and tell them that I will pay IV fee, fill out IV application, and turn in all the documents in January 2016. Or should I just wait and don't email NVC at all?

The only thing I'm worried now is that if I wait till next year to do all the following steps, will I get into troubles? To avoid future troubles, anything I can do right now to help?

1. OK - if the DS-261 has not been added to the casefile, then the IV stuff won't be available yet on the portal. You can study turn around times in Saylin's spreadsheet, when you have a moment and are on a PC - the link to that spreadsheet is in post #1 at every NVC Monthly Thread.

2. Expect an answer back about 60 days later, as currently the queue hold for email anything into NVC is at 60 days. Might be less in the future.

3. See? 60 days turn around time.

4. So you want to wait, hold off a bit. I understand. Folk do this for the exact reason you cite.

Edited by TracyFan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.