VOL

Obama orders flags lowered to half-staff after Chattanooga shootings (edited title)

27 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/21/politics/chattanooga-victims-white-house-flag-gop/

Obama orders flags to half staff at White House for Chattanooga victims

Well done Mr President...

We know full well how Trump feels about those who get captured. You can only imagine the contempt he reserves for those who get killed.

Here is what Trump had to say:

"I'm glad President Obama followed my lead and lowered the flags half-staff. It's about time!"

Lower the stars and Strips, raise the black flag of Islam.

black-flag-jihad-war.jpg

If you want to convert, just say so. I'm sure you can find an Iman to help you with the conversion.

He was a American. Don't know why some folks can't tell the difference. And it shouldn't matter, we're all human beings.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Mostly ignorance of our laws. They should require a basic understanding of the USC for anyone seeking to reside in the US. The problem is that in their prejudiced 3rd worldly minds they can't equate the name Mohammed with an American, which also shows a lack of knowledge of history...

fist.jpg

Despite of his name, the Chattanooga shooter is just as much a sorry excuse for a human being, as are the shooters of Charleston, Aurora and Sandy Hook Elementary. They are all one and the same.

He was a American. Don't know why some folks can't tell the difference. And it shouldn't matter, we're all human beings.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Here is what Trump had to say:

"I'm glad President Obama followed my lead and lowered the flags half-staff. It's about time!"

I wonder what Trump's past record has been on lowering flags to half staff when members of our military were killed? I'll bet this is the first time since it's a publicity stunt.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

That is IF he actually lowered his flag today...

I wonder what Trump's past record has been on lowering flags to half staff when members of our military were killed? I'll bet this is the first time since it's a publicity stunt.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The problem is that in their prejudiced 3rd worldly minds they can't equate the name Mohammed with an American, which also shows a lack of knowledge of history...

fist.jpg

Seriously, this is your example? He actually changed his name to Muhammad to disassociate with America and it's history of slavery. At the time he was about as un-American as you could get.

...and as far as prejudice is concerned...

"my enemy is the white people, not the Vietcong"

"We who follow the teachings of Elijah Muhammad don't want to be forced to integrate. Integration is wrong. We don't want to live with the white man; that's all."

"No intelligent black man or black woman in his or her right black mind wants white boys and white girls coming to their homes to marry their black sons and daughters."

Timeline

Seriously, that is my example. He was as American as anyone else. No more, no less. You may not like him or agree with him and yet that doesn't affect the outcome. You may not agree with his views. You may dislike his philosophy. You may despise him with all your being and consider him a bad example of a citizen of our country. None of that makes him a lesser American or less of an American. It's that straightforward.

Seriously, this is your example? He actually changed his name to Muhammad to disassociate with America and it's history of slavery. At the time he was about as un-American as you could get.

...and as far as prejudice is concerned...

"my enemy is the white people, not the Vietcong"

"We who follow the teachings of Elijah Muhammad don't want to be forced to integrate. Integration is wrong. We don't want to live with the white man; that's all."

"No intelligent black man or black woman in his or her right black mind wants white boys and white girls coming to their homes to marry their black sons and daughters."

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Palestinian born in Kuwait

Soldier of Allah.

Difficult to think of anything more apple pie.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Seriously, that is my example. He was as American as anyone else. No more, no less. You may not like him or agree with him and yet that doesn't affect the outcome. You may not agree with his views. You may dislike his philosophy. You may despise him with all your being and consider him a bad example of a citizen of our country. None of that makes him a lesser American or less of an American. It's that straightforward.

But to use him to illustrate that an American can be named Muhammad when he changed his name to be less American kind of defeats your purpose, doesn't it?

That was your purpose right?

Timeline

My purpose was to show there are Americans with exotic names. I'm not saying you don't have a point, so much as it is an interesting topic for a thread on its own right. As it stands, the U.S.Constitution and its deriving immigration laws are very much the referees when it comes to determining who is an American and who is not.

In any case, we digress. This is about our dead soldiers - Americans, incidentally - shot dead by another American. Our American president ordered the flags lowered as a sign of mourning and respect. Yet another sad day, when less than a month ago, another American - just like Muhammad - murdered 9 other Americans in cold blood. Seems like a better subject than to discuss constitutional law if you ask me.

But to use him to illustrate that an American can be named Muhammad when he changed his name to be less American kind of defeats your purpose, doesn't it?

That was your purpose right?

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Point well received.

Typically, at a national level flags are not lowered when service members die. These folks were on duty when they were killed just like any grunt killed on a patrol in Helmand. Granted the circumstances are unique with this shooting but it doesn't mean, in my opinion, their deaths deserve any more recognition than any other Marine, Sailor, Soldier or Airman killed while on duty. My personal opinion is the president bowed to political pressure when he ordered the federal flags lowered but that's his prerogative as the boss.

Trump throwing his two cents in just makes it look more like a freak show and displays even less respect by turning their deaths into a political maneuver.

Timeline

I'm with you on this one. However, it was a nice gesture. It's true we don't do it for every fallen hero but it's nice to take pause every so often. Whatever his motivation, the nation needs these gestures from time to time.

Point well received.

Typically, at a national level flags are not lowered when service members die. These folks were on duty when they were killed just like any grunt killed on a patrol in Helmand. Granted the circumstances are unique with this shooting but it doesn't mean, in my opinion, their deaths deserve any more recognition than any other Marine, Sailor, Soldier or Airman killed while on duty. My personal opinion is the president bowed to political pressure when he ordered the federal flags lowered but that's his prerogative as the boss.

Trump throwing his two cents in just makes it look more like a freak show and displays even less respect by turning their deaths into a political maneuver.

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org