TAllison

DS-260 Troubles at NVC

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Hello.

I was just wondering if anybody else was told that the System for DS-260's was down for 2 month's and for this reason they can't give any time frames nor are they allowed to speak to Supervisors about the case? I know for me it has already been 12 weeks since I completed our DS-260 online and 9 months since we started the whole process.

~T

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Member Intro. to NVC Forum~

~Inquiry about NVC functions~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

I have the same situation. We already get a case complete to my related case last week. The problem is I cant access to fill up Ds260 until now, my portal is not yet updated until now and I didnt know when are they going to update my IV so I can submit my ds260. :( im sad because my daughter is already done shes already case completed but mine still in the process because of ds260. I dont know when im going to fill up. Everytime we call at the nvc theyre always said that we need to wait. But until when?

Timeline

Thanks for your reply. I certainly feel your frustration and everytime I update my husband on the status of his application he has the one and only same question as you: WAIT UNTIL WHEN??? ?

I'm still waiting to pay IV fee and of course try to fill out ds-260 - calling everyday, nothing but wait, I even got a check list for not paying IV fee, how stupid is that? if you want me to pay the fee, open the freaking system, unlock my case or do something! never mind

hi everyone! anybody who can help me ease my worries?.. my husband filed an IR1 category for me sometime in 2013... and now i am just waiting for my schedule for Visa interview... my question is... do they still want me to show the proof of my husband's annullment papers here in the Philippines?.. in fact his previous marriage was granted dissolution of marriage in the US year 2004... will it affect the approval of my visa?... please help me.. i am very much worried...

it's down in Feb, we didn't know it was their problems and were wondering what went wrong. I was finally able to fill out DS260 on 5Jul, but I think yours is taking way too long. 30 days for case review that's what they kept telling us, maybe you should get your senators and congressmen involved.

Hello.

I was just wondering if anybody else was told that the System for DS-260's was down for 2 month's and for this reason they can't give any time frames nor are they allowed to speak to Supervisors about the case? I know for me it has already been 12 weeks since I completed our DS-260 online and 9 months since we started the whole process.

~T

Edited by Flora Lau Mendez

Timeline

it's down in Feb, we didn't know it was their problems and were wondering what went wrong. I was finally able to fill out DS260 on 5Jul, but I think yours is taking way too long. 30 days for case review that's what they kept telling us, maybe you should get your senators and congressmen involved.

Hi Flora!

Thanks for your reply. I am considering contacting my Senator but the NVC site says "Congressional Enquiries do not get priority over other enquiries" so I am not sure if this is just a deterrant or not. ?

Edited by TAllison

I contacted my senator to inquire about my wife's case status and from her office received nothing I already didn't know. If anything, my inquiry may have agitated the staff, which is just conjecture, but I suggest trying to clarify questions by calling or through email. It's frustrating as all heck, I know. Don't want to poke the tiger unless there is real fear that something has gone awry. Instead, rely on the shared experiences of the folks here.

Edited by MRS1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.