lvriesling

Tourist Visa Wife Deported After Honeymoon Cruise

67 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

It must have been taken from another source as all DM stories written by their "journalists" have to follow a template which includes how much the house of the subject of the article is worth, overuse of the word "hilarious" and a completely unneccessary mention of Kim Kartrashian.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

That's what can happen when you enter other country on a tourist visa with intent to marry and stay, it's basically an immigration fraud. They have made their bed and they must lie on it. Next time they better research immigration laws more deeply than some State Park brochure.

- Victor from Russia

Our timlines K1 visa - Citizenship (06.28.2011 - 08.01.2016)

K1 Visa Timeline (06.28.2011 - 04.07.2012)

• 06-28-2011: I-129F sent to Dallas
  • 07-05-2011: NOA1 (CSC)
  • 01-05-2012: NOA2 (184 days since NOA1)
  • 01-13-2012: NVC passed
  • 01-19-2012: Embassy received our case
  • 02-14-2012: Interview PASSED! :D K-1 Visa Approved! :D
  • 03-08-2012: POE
  • 04-07-2012: Wedding!

AOS/EAD Timeline (04.26.2012 - 12.13.2012)

• 04-26-2012: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago Lockbox
  • 05-02-2012: NOA1 (both I-485 and I-765)
  • 05-23-2012: Biometrics taken
  • 07-02-2012: Employment Authorization Issued (07-09-2012 - received in the mail)
  • 12-03-2012: Made Service Request for I-485, because case is beyond processing time
  • 12-07-2012: I-485 APPROVED! 219 days since NOA1. No interview/RFE
  • 12-13-2012: GreenCard in the mailbox, done with AOS!

Lifting of conditions Timeline (09.04.2014 - 01.14.2015)

• 09-04-2014: I-751 sent to CSC
  • 09-08-2014: NOA1
  • 11-10-2014: Biometrics taken
  • 01-07-2015: Approved! Only 122 days since NOA1. No interview/RFE
  • 01-14-2015: GreenCard in the mailbox

Citizenship Timeline (09.03.2015 - 01.08.2016)

- 09-03-2015: N-400 sent to Phoenix

- 09-10-2015: NOA1

- 10-08-2015: Biometrics taken

- 10-28-2015: Case is in line for an interview

- 11-02-2015: Letter with Naturalization Interview Appointment

- 12-07-2015: Interview passed

- 01-08-2016: Naturalization Oath Ceremony, I'm a US citizen now!

tTM3p3.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Victor - what real-word advice would you have given the young man's father once she came across a POE into USA, prior to marriage?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

With a GoFundMe page in action, the whole story Looks like a scam to convince gullible anti-Big Government types to fork over the dough to help a poor, oppressed Christian couple. Just like the Oregon anti-gay 'Christian' bakers.

There's a few profiles on here with a GoFundMe explicitly asking for assistance with immigration expenses.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

I thought this is for helping ppl.. but i feel a bit weird after reading all this..idk some just seem so mean and cold... I was thinking if u are here on Visa Journey is because you want to immigrate, you immigrated or you file for status adjustment..

Yes it is illegal to come to a country with a B1/B2 visa, but u never know what's gonna happen.. I was married at the time i came in US ( with a very abusive husband) and it happen for me to fall in love..I never intended to stay..but u can't stay against what your heart wants.

Yes she shouldn't go party in Mexico ( everyone deserves their honeymoon) before adjusting her status and now she is back in Russia. That's Sad! I hope their marriage is real.

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.Ralph Waldo Emerson

It is not illegal to come to a country with a B1-B2 visa at all, as long as you follow the rules of your visa. As a matter of fact I was admitted last week and am currently on a five week visit to my USC wife.

She was obviously circumventing the system, heck SHE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A RETURN TICKET TO RUSSIA.

It upsets most people here because we all have long waiting periods to deal with while separated from our spouses. Our file has been stuck at TSC forever but I visit and am honest with CBP.

You have to be able to prove that you have strong ties to your home country and that you are in fact only visiting. I do not really feel sorry for them as in this day and age of the internet, information is readily available at your fingertips.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I thought this is for helping ppl.. but i feel a bit weird after reading all this..idk some just seem so mean and cold... I was thinking if u are here on Visa Journey is because you want to immigrate, you immigrated or you file for status adjustment..

Yes it is illegal to come to a country with a B1/B2 visa, but u never know what's gonna happen.. I was married at the time i came in US ( with a very abusive husband) and it happen for me to fall in love..I never intended to stay..but u can't stay against what your heart wants.

Yes she shouldn't go party in Mexico ( everyone deserves their honeymoon) before adjusting her status and now she is back in Russia. That's Sad! I hope their marriage is real.

It's hard to be empathetic when the newly weds and his family spin a fantastic tale where they place the blame on CBP for following the law. Refused entry for using her married name? Really? How about refused entry because she intended to immigrate on a non-immigrant visa and didn't even have a ticket to return to Russia? If you read their GoFundMe page, they blame CBP and take no responsibility for violating the law.

Timeline

I was saying in her situation it is illegal!!

It is not illegal to come to a country with a B1-B2 visa at all, as long as you follow the rules of your visa. As a matter of fact I was admitted last week and am currently on a five week visit to my USC wife.

She was obviously circumventing the system, heck SHE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A RETURN TICKET TO RUSSIA.

It upsets most people here because we all have long waiting periods to deal with while separated from our spouses. Our file has been stuck at TSC forever but I visit and am honest with CBP.

You have to be able to prove that you have strong ties to your home country and that you are in fact only visiting. I do not really feel sorry for them as in this day and age of the internet, information is readily available at your fingertips.

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.Ralph Waldo Emerson

Timeline

I came with a B1/B2 ..I was married ..I fall in love and trust me my marriage to the USC wasn't for documentation purposes..It happen!! we fall in love.. I divorced my first abusive cheating husband and married the man i love with all my heart...

And now i'm waiting in Romania for my I-130 to be approved..and go further from there..

We also had tones of reasons to blame CBP but why make this a huge mess when it was our fault for not reading and searching more on our case.

They try to make a public case with it that is gonna take them no where!

I came with a B1/B2 ..I was married ..I fall in love and trust me my marriage to the USC wasn't for documentation purposes..It happen!! we fall in love.. I divorced my first abusive cheating husband and married the man i love with all my heart...

And now i'm waiting in Romania for my I-130 to be approved..and go further from there..

We also had tones of reasons to blame CBP but why make this a huge mess when it was our fault for not reading and searching more on our case.

They try to make a public case with it that is gonna take them no where!

I notice your file is stuck in Texas Service Center just like ours, hopefully we will get a notice soon since we have been waiting for 5 months already. Apparently after that NVC does not take as long and neither does the embassy part but I could be wrong, hence why I try to read something new everyday from a reputable site.

You say you came on a visitor visa and got married, what made you decide not to adjust status? For me it was my employees back home, I couldn't betray all the hard work that they had put in over the years and abandon them. She completely understood which proves marrying her was the right decision.

Timeline

I notice your file is stuck in Texas Service Center just like ours, hopefully we will get a notice soon since we have been waiting for 5 months already. Apparently after that NVC does not take as long and neither does the embassy part but I could be wrong, hence why I try to read something new everyday from a reputable site.

You say you came on a visitor visa and got married, what made you decide not to adjust status? For me it was my employees back home, I couldn't betray all the hard work that they had put in over the years and abandon them. She completely understood which proves marrying her was the right decision.

Well..we had a lot to deal with..1 My husband had issues with his child support and fights with his ex that never end ..court hearings and a lot of stress. 2. this situation with my husband brought him to a big depression we lived at the time in Virginia which is a very very poor state ..like if u searching for job ( my husband) u dont get one just for the simple fact he was a Yankee to them and he was denied so many jobs as soon as they were hearing his new jersey accent. 3 after all this ordeal with child support we moved to NJ to be closer to his son and him to get a job and ya know get on with our lives.. So we waited for him to have the 3 years in taxes.. we are married for 5 yrs. We were so scared to do any move on my case because my husband was so afraid of losing me we knew i overstayed my permit and all that but each time we called a lawyer they said oh it's a simple adjustment of status but you gonna need a lawyer for it..so we try to save money and file but each time we got closer we got hit with an other court order for child support and etc

I have 4 months almost since our case was received..I'm hoping we wont have to wait so long.. Prayers for you ..I know how this is so stressful, I don't sleep, I don't eat..i can't take it anymore!! I feel so destroyed without my husband.

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

I like when the system works as designed. This should sound a warning to others lurking in the shadows with similar cunning ploys.

But I foresee another story like this soon as folks generally think they can outsmart trained agents.

Actually it is a big thing to enter the US on a tourist visa or the VWP with the intent to AOS. It's forgiven if the person happens to be married to a USC, if married to an LPR, you're thrown out. And if they find out what you're planning, they stop you at the border and don't let you in. Just like in this case. Just because something is forgiven, doesn't mean it's right. I mean come on, I bet all my money in the bank that she was gonna stay and AOS once their honeymoon was over... The CBP officer did his job just like he was suppose to.

I have no sympathy for them. Now they get to do the visa journey the right way, instead of cheating the system.

That's what can happen when you enter other country on a tourist visa with intent to marry and stay, it's basically an immigration fraud. They have made their bed and they must lie on it. Next time they better research immigration laws more deeply than some State Park brochure.

- Victor from Russia

It's hard to be empathetic when the newly weds and his family spin a fantastic tale where they place the blame on CBP for following the law. Refused entry for using her married name? Really? How about refused entry because she intended to immigrate on a non-immigrant visa and didn't even have a ticket to return to Russia? If you read their GoFundMe page, they blame CBP and take no responsibility for violating the law.

A normal person could reasonably assume that simply having a marriage certificate provides several benefits. It works with HR benefits, and it works with the IRS. We know it doesn't work that way with USCIS. But it's because if it did, there would be a high volume of fraud and homeland security vulnerability. So there are a lot of super odd procedures with ridiculously long waiting times which makes all of us miserable.

But, guys, this Kafka nightmare is a *consequence*, not a *necessity*. I feel the VJ community suffers from a crazy Stockholm syndrome. Just because things sucked during your immigration process, it doesn't mean people that assumed it would be easy are fraudsters, scum of the earth that deserve to live apart for a year.

I mean, look at what you are saying. You have no sympathy for a bona fide, missionary couple that went on a honeymoon in Mexico and the wife was deported.

I rarely comment on this sort of thing, but here's my $0.02 on the matter. I don't know the groom personally (though I do know some people from Ely).

- It's common folk knowledge that one acquires automatic citizenship upon marriage to a USC. The fact that this isn't really true isn't very well known, and one needs to be a specific type of person to want to research this and seek out any problems. If not for my inherently cynical and skeptical nature, I would have never discovered this site or done some research into all the 'worst case' scenarios. A newly returned LDS missionary hardly has this kind of outlook. People are constantly in shock when either me or my fiancee tell them about the K1 process (-- even more counter intuitive; one would assume marriage would hold stronger evidence of a genuine relationship that being engaged).

- This hardly sounds like the case of deliberate fraud. There's no huge age gap in age, culture, or financial background between the bride and groom. They both speak the same language (he speaks Russian) and share the same religious background (which is fairly ingrained into their lifestyle).

Unfortunately this sounds like two young, doe-eyed love bugs whose only crime was that they believed in fairy tales. The movies never tell you about the USCIS and the excruciatingly painful process involved to bring a foreign spouse/fiancee into the US. I'm not saying they should be able to skip the entire immigration process (it's there for a reason), but they do have my sympathies.

THIS.

May 29th, 2015 - Sent AOS package

June 1, 2015 - Package received by USCIS

June 4, 2015 - Biometrics Fee Accepted

June 20, 2015 - Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

June 30, 2015 - Biometrics Appointment

August 6, 2015 - I-131 approved

August 6, 2015 - Your card was ordered

August 7, 2015 - I-765 approved

August 20, 2015 - EAD received

There's a few profiles on here with a GoFundMe explicitly asking for assistance with immigration expenses.

I haven't seen any and to be brutally frank, I have no intention to contribute.

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.