24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Embassy recieved our 221g docs and ceac status went from admin processing to ready and case creation date was updated to today and went from non immigrant to immigrant. Is this a good sign of getting approved? Really anxious waiting for decision. Been waiting too long. Pls any input or experiences

My mom got a 221g during her interview on june 15 and submitted the missing documents july 7 her case was AP never changed and thursday july 16 her visa was issued.

Embassy recieved our 221g docs and ceac status went from admin processing to ready and case creation date was updated to today and went from non immigrant to immigrant. Is this a good sign of getting approved? Really anxious waiting for decision. Been waiting too long. Pls any input or experiences

I thought the title went from immigrant to nonimmigrant, but it is a sign that the visa is nearly issued! Congrats!

Signature coming soon...

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi all,

I appeared for H1b visa interview in New Delhi on July 1, visa was approved, ceac website shows status as ready since July 7.

Called visa center and emailed them; reply was that your case in under necessary administrative processing.

However no documents are requested so far, and status is still ready.

Not sure what to do?

Any insight or recommendations?

Thanks in advance ...

Do u think it would automatically Go to refused from admin processing if it were to be refused?

I highly doubt it. If the title already changed to non-immigrant, then you are in the final steps. The status may change from Ready to AP again or even a few times, but you will see that it will finalize at Issued! If they were planning on refusing the visa, the status would have stayed in Immigrant AP; it wouldn't have switched to Nonimmigrant. I think you are good. Check to see if your embassy will be closed for any holidays, because that could add some time to your wait, but other than that, you will see it!

Hi all,

I appeared for H1b visa interview in New Delhi on July 1, visa was approved, ceac website shows status as ready since July 7.

Called visa center and emailed them; reply was that your case in under necessary administrative processing.

However no documents are requested so far, and status is still ready.

Not sure what to do?

Any insight or recommendations?

Thanks in advance ...

I don't know anything about H1B's but one thing I can share is that the embassies will put a case under AP as it's processing the visa issuance. Even when you are approved, your status may show AP. Since your case says Ready, I am wondering if you are checking the Nonimmigrant section of ceac.gov? If that's the case, I don't think it's cause for alarm. My DS-160 application ID still shows Ready and my Immigrant NVC number shows AP - so maybe they mean the same thing. Since your visa was approved, I think you are good too, Dialsal. The embassy just needs to take the final steps, which they call administrative processing, but it's not the same sort of AP that is the suspense of cases. I think you are well on your way! Keep us posted!

Signature coming soon...

congratulations. How long was your AP wait?

• 4 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My status changed from AP TO READY after embassy received my 221g docs and changed from IV to NIV also the case creation date was updated,is it a good sign? Tired refreshing ceac..

My status changed from AP TO READY after embassy received my 221g docs and changed from IV to NIV also the case creation date was updated,is it a good sign? Tired refreshing ceac..

This is a very good sign!

If it were refused it most likely (99% chance) would have never of been changed to NIV.

Once you're on NIV then it's just waiting game til you see Issued.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I hope it will change today,coz it's says, please check your status after 2 business days and its been 3 days now...

Thanks for your reply Ash

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.