Armen

2016 Lottery question regarding on Higer school diplom and vactinaitons

48 posts in this topic

Wow, you made me feel so much relaxed now about the vaccination mistake..Thanks.

So I'll send an e-mail in the embassy and ask if my education level meets the 12 year US high school criteria.

If it meets the criteria (which I think it does), will the CO ignore my option to qualify through work experience (if that doesn't satisfy him) since it's too late now to resubmit the ds-260? That's what worries me.

My work experience meets the correct job zone on o*net. I have a Vocational degree in Graphic Design and a letter from my current employer that states that I work for him as a graphic designer since 2010. (*Although in the official recruit papers I am listed as an office employee since october 2014, but my job is designing graphics). Does the embassy ask for official recruit records to verify when I was hired for work? Cause I started in 2010 but my employer hadn't recruited me officially, but I can't prove it legally if the CO asks for proof of recruitment. :(

Sadly, it is common in Greece to work without an official recruitment from the company.

I also have a web portfolio, a business card with my name and contact information and some brochure that I have printed for clients and have my web portfolio on them.

Will this be enough you think?

Many thanks again.

I'm a bit confused about why you think you already chose an option and resubmitting the DS? The form asks everyone for both education and work experience, and you are supposed to fill all of it in correctly. You only "choose" what to use in the interview. Please, don't "think" high school is acceptable - this is a critical part of whether or not you get the visa, find out if it is or not for sure! If it isn't and you are going for work experience, check out the britsimonsays.com blog for some tips. And yes you would need something to officially show you have been working.... Edited by SusieQQQ

Yes, Susie I changed my interview location to London. Thank You.

One and last question I hope Susie, where I must confirm my high school diploma or work experience I couldn't find it in DS260. How can I confirm that I meet high school diploma requirements.

Thank You.

You confirm it in the interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

I'm a bit confused about why you think you already chose an option and resubmitting the DS? The form asks everyone for both education and work experience, and you are supposed to fill all of it in correctly. You only "choose" what to use in the interview. Please, don't "think" high school is acceptable - this is a critical part of whether or not you get the visa, find out if it is or not for sure! If it isn't and you are going for work experience, check out the britsimonsays.com blog for some tips. And yes you would need something to officially show you have been working....

For some stupid reason I thought all this time that somewhere in the Ds-260 form I had to choose one option to qualify before the interview day...I've become a bit paranoid to the point htat I start imagine things I guess with all this stress and mistakes.. :wacko: You guys, Britsimon and Samuel provide such a comfort to us.

Already sent an e-mail to the embassy as you advised me asking about the education. I hope they reply quickly.

Edited by Alex Ve

Timeline

I'm a bit confused about why you think you already chose an option and resubmitting the DS? The form asks everyone for both education and work experience, and you are supposed to fill all of it in correctly. You only "choose" what to use in the interview. Please, don't "think" high school is acceptable - this is a critical part of whether or not you get the visa, find out if it is or not for sure! If it isn't and you are going for work experience, check out the britsimonsays.com blog for some tips. And yes you would need something to officially show you have been working....

Eh, the embassy responded to my e-mail, which I asked them if the training high school I attended is equivalent to US high school and they responded with a generic response telling me to register for the EDV webpage. But in a greek forum, a member that works into education told me that it is equivalent so I'm gonna take her word and qualify with my high school degree.

Eh, the embassy responded to my e-mail, which I asked them if the training high school I attended is equivalent to US high school and they responded with a generic response telling me to register for the EDV webpage. But in a greek forum, a member that works into education told me that it is equivalent so I'm gonna take her word and qualify with my high school degree.

Ok, good luck with the interview. Does she understand that it must be equivalent in the sense of by itself allowing you entry to a U.S. university? (It wasn't clear to me if it was a vocational school, which doesn't qualify.)

If you want to be super cautious you may want to take your work experience evidence with as back up - in case there is an issue,

Edited by SusieQQQ

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

I have one question pls.

I submitted DS260 form early in may, then I asked KCC to unlock DS260, to change my interview location, and I submitted second time DS260 in July 28, my case number is EU39XX what do You think will it cause to delay of interview date ? (in last to years EU39XX, was current in October). Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I went today on the interview to the embassy in Greece. The CO accepted my education and work experience (my only proof were two letters from an ex employer and my current employer with the companies stamp).

The waiting time was very big since I got in the embassy till I left, the whole proccess took nearly 4 hours to complete.
They asked me some questions about my previous travel in the US and where am I planning to stay to, and they didn't ask for bank statement or sponsor form. The more stressful thing was when they asked for exact days that I went to school from elementary till high school. Cause I didn't remember well the dates and I was afraid that the CO would perceive that as me trying to lie or something.
Because I thought that the high school diploma is enough, I didn't bring with me the elementary diploma (stupid mistake). Fortunately I explained them that since I presented them the high school diploma, it is obvious that I had completed elementary successfully.
Now, the only problem is that I have to present until Friday the birth certificate of my birth country (I was born in Albania), cause the one I had was issued on May 2014 and that document must be valid for one year. So, I hope that by thursday or friday I will take it to the embassy, or else my visa will be canceled. Fortunately, they facilitated me and told me to bring it by myself in the embassy instead of the usual procedure that is with DHL courier, so that I don't delay it more.
*They didn't ask me for the copies of my documents and they kept the originals when I presented to them.
Will I get them on friday when I give them the missing birth certificate?
Thanks

Dear Susie, fortunately the Training high school that I attended is compatible with american high school.

Edited by Alex Ve

I'm happy to hear that your high school was accepted, though this embassy seems to do things a bit differently to some others. Like asking for an elementary school certificate... I also never heard of a birth certificate expiring, is that an Albanian thing?

Usually you get your originals back and they keep the copies. Everything they keep goes into your brown envelope which is first part of your visa and then part of your USCIS file. So I suggest you specifically tell them you need the originals back and take the copies...the only original document they take at my embassy is the police certificate.

Timeline

I'm happy to hear that your high school was accepted, though this embassy seems to do things a bit differently to some others. Like asking for an elementary school certificate... I also never heard of a birth certificate expiring, is that an Albanian thing?

Usually you get your originals back and they keep the copies. Everything they keep goes into your brown envelope which is first part of your visa and then part of your USCIS file. So I suggest you specifically tell them you need the originals back and take the copies...the only original document they take at my embassy is the police certificate.

Well, maybe the greek lady that checked my documents first, was a bit harsh on me for some reason. :(

The American CO later was much better and more easy on me.

No, the expiring thing is from the US embassy...After I left they gave me a couple of papers, one states in the bottom that

"Albanian documents"submitted as part of the U.S visa process should be less than one year old at the time they are provided.

I am just worried about my original documents, I hope they don't lose any of them accidentally. It just seem weird to me, they didn't ask for copies when I presented them and when I left they didn't tell me to give them back...Maybe they need them until I provide the missing one also?

You mean I tell them when I go again in the embassy the missing document, or earlier than friday like say tomorrow? But, they gave me back my passport if that helps you. I thought they send the passport with DHL after the visa is issued, cause they gave me a paper with directions in the DHL website.

Thanks.

Edited by Alex Ve

Timeline

Do you believe they would give me false hopes, like if there was something seriously wrong with the documents I presented (either than the birth certificate) or if they thought I tried to lie to them would they tell me so according to your experience?

Edited by Alex Ve

No, they wouldn't give you false hope, they don't play games. But they gave you your passport back because if you don't have it sorted by the end of this week (which is effectively month end) you will lose your visa number and with it your chance to get a visa, given how late in the fiscal year it is. But you should have been given your original documents back so I do think you need to call the embassy and ask them about this.

Timeline

I just was a bit stressed and thought about it when I got out of the embassy...I asked a security officer outside and he told me that they will probably give them back to me when I present the missing document...

Do you think I should call them as soon as tomorrow or friday when I will be able to give them the document?

They also gave me a paper that states the reason for my visa denial and states the missing document in a check box. Is this standard procedure?

Thanks again for your patience.

Edited by Alex Ve

I just was a bit stressed and thought about it when I got out of the embassy...I asked a security officer outside and he told me that they will probably give them back to me when I present the missing document...

Do you think I should call them as soon as tomorrow or friday when I will be able to give them the document?

They also gave me a paper that states the reason for my visa denial and states the missing document in a check box. Is this standard procedure?

Thanks again for your patience.

Re the paper with reason for denial, yes that's standard.

I don't know about the other stuff. If it was me, I'd phone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.