ANJOS

USCIS = Very ABUSIVE = AOS from K1

70 posts in this topic

It is illegal to enter with a ESTA with the intention to be married. That's the illegal way.

It is why there is the famous 60 days of waiting rules (or any other rules that I don't remember which the purpose is to limited that)

Edited by mimikado

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Being a citizen of any country is a privilege. In the U.S., it is a privilege that millions have sought. I live in a border state(California) and believe me, Mr./Miss Bulgaria, it is a privilege.

Bulgaria? I guess coming from there, you would think that it is a "right" that you immigrate to what country you want; that you are entitled to 'fast entry". Sorry, buddy. your mystical hocus-pocus belongs on Fantasy Island--not in the U.S.

Maybe Bulgaria is considered the new land of opportunity --ahh...the Bulgarian dream...pass the glass of cold rakiya (Bulgarian grape or fruit brandy) or Ouzo.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

It is illegal to enter with a ESTA with the intention to be married. That's the illegal way.

It is why there is the famous 60 days of waiting rules (or any other rules that I don't remember which the purpose is to limited that)

It is legal to enter the U.S. on ESTA (actually the VWP) to marry. Plenty of people do this without any problem. Some leave afterwards, while others stay here to adjust status. If there is no intent to immigrate when entering, then there is nothing illegal about it.

It's illegal to use enter on a non-immigrant visa or the VWP with the intent to immigrate.

The two are not the same.

Edited by aaron2020

Actually no, it's not illegal to intend to be married

It's illegal to intend to stay.

The US government employs the CBP to decide in their opinion, who is trying to stay and who is genuinely just visiting or using their visas for their intended purpose.

It's also possible that if you lie, and are caught in that lie, you can be barred from the US for the rest of your life.

People with morals care. People without them don't. It's the people with the morals who end up suffering for the ones who don't have them. It's not fair, but it is what it is.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Timeline

Bahahahaha :)

I have traveled all around the world as well and no country like the Good old US OF A.

If it is a right this country would be no more.

"But I believe becoming a citizen here should be like buying a firearm; you fill out a form, and a background check is performed on you both in the U.S."

Yes you can if you are willing to pay a cool Million dollars, you can get your green card :-P

My logic is logical; billions of people do not want to be U.S. citizens. I have lived in Japan and the UK, and traveled all around Asia, Europe, and Central/South America; a vast majority of people are happy where they are. Yes, there are lots that want to come here, but not billions, not even close.

And yes, you are right, in fact, I wrote out a thing specifying that in my post before deleting it since I did not believe this was the forum for that. But I believe becoming a citizen here should be like buying a firearm; you fill out a form, and a background check is performed on you both in the U.S. and your nation of record, with the additional requirement of having a medical check performed to make sure you don't have ebola or something, and in you come.

Terrorists and criminals will not use lawful means to come in; that's what makes them criminals; that's the same logic as saying a law-abiding citizen should not be able to buy a gun because a criminal did something wrong with it. This country was founded on innocent until proven guilty, and the burden of proof rests with the State. If they cannot prove you are not coming here to do something malicious, you have a right to be here.

I am anti-illegal immigration. But I also believe immigration needs to be easy.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

What USCIS does is very abusive!! They make errors and take much longer than the normal processing times and we are the ones paying the price. To take another medical exam because they are behind is just ridiculous.

The mentality is that it's a privilege for foreigners to become legal residents that's why do as they please. Every time I call I'm told oh in 30 days. But when 30 pass and I call I'm told 30 more days.

It's incredible that coming here legally with our k1 We are sitting here a year later without being issued a green card. Yet I know others that have come with B1/B2 visas overstay their visa, marry here and submit papers and already have their green card in 3/4 months. I just don't get it.

Same boat, same s*** here. 15 months, received a medical exam RFE, I made it again, sent it more than a month now and still waiting. I applied on March 2014. That's ridiculous.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Not for everyone it isn't. It sucks that your case has hit road bumps.

Yes it's a privilege not a right to a green card. It's not a mentality. It is EXACTLY the way it is.

If you are over the processing times it's time to get the USC's congressman or senator involved and to write to the ombudsman.

I wrote to the the Ombudsman, they said USCIS are working actively on my case, and that I will receive something within 10 days. It's been 20 days now, and still nothing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't want to live in any country that isn't soverign and doesn't enjoy the freedom of deciding who can be a citizen and who can't or who may live within it's borders. How stringent or loosely those rules or laws are applied or held to should be up to each governing body in each country.

So sorry to hear what you're going through. :( It really doesn't seem fair that you did it all the right way with waiting for a K-1 visa, then entering the US to marry and adjust status and now have to wait so long for your green card. I hope it works out for you soon.

Thanks...I really don't understand, USCIS is not fair.

Not for everyone it isn't. It sucks that your case has hit road bumps.

Yes it's a privilege not a right to a green card. It's not a mentality. It is EXACTLY the way it is.

If you are over the processing times it's time to get the USC's congressman or senator involved and to write to the ombudsman.

Well , Actually now this is happening with the K1 holders, I never mention that it is a right, I know the green card is a privilege because you have certain requirements to meet, such as good conduct, medical examination and be in connection with a resident or a US citizen, then get a decision. Therefore it is a mentality for them, how is a privilege, so we can do what ever we want, not meet processing times, telling people they have to wait for no reason, they have to go do another medical examination. I think privilege does not mean abuse, it's just a decision they have to take and not do to waste time or money to anyone.

I'll go ahead and disagree. I heartily believe it is the right of every human being to be a citizen of any nation they please. The government holds its power because of people, not the other way around. So I actually do believe it's a mentality. A perverted one that's been warped by an overreaching government.

But I suppose this isn't the forum for that.

for that?, the world should have one universal government and it would be very difficult because there are too many differences in thinking and bad people.

Using your logic, the billions of people who want to be US citizens would be here tomorrow.

There are also plenty of criminals and terrorists who under your logic would choose to be US citizens so they can come here to do harm.

There is a reason we screen people when they ask to immigrate to the U.S. and when they seek to be US citizens.

You are right and because of the criminals, the immigration system has been wrong with good people in does not let them to come to USA.

Took me 14 months to get a green card. I had to get my senator involved to get an interview. And guess what? I got an RFE handed to me on the day of the interview, and the officer had the nerve to tell me that the only reason I had an interview was because she wanted to hand me the RFE.

WOW, very very abusive of them and all nonsense.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.