ANJOS

USCIS = Very ABUSIVE = AOS from K1

70 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

it is ABSOLUTELY 100% a privilege to become a permanent resident, not a right. Period.

Agreed. If everyone had the right to be here than the country would be severely overpopulated. The current immigration system may be broken, but making it a right to be here would make the process even more of a gong show.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

I am an immigrant and yet I agree to the fact that getting permanent residency is a privilege and not a right. US population is around 330 millions, we don't need billions to overpopulate US. An influx of 100 million will screw up US so bad in terms of everything. I bet, given a right to be a US resident by choice, 100 million applications will be filled in one week.

Having said that, USCIS needs to improve its system as well to process certain applications within the average processing time frames.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

What USCIS does is very abusive!! They make errors and take much longer than the normal processing times and we are the ones paying the price. To take another medical exam because they are behind is just ridiculous.

The mentality is that it's a privilege for foreigners to become legal residents that's why do as they please. Every time I call I'm told oh in 30 days. But when 30 pass and I call I'm told 30 more days.

It's incredible that coming here legally with our k1 We are sitting here a year later without being issued a green card. Yet I know others that have come with B1/B2 visas overstay their visa, marry here and submit papers and already have their green card in 3/4 months. I just don't get it.

Took me 14 months to get a green card. I had to get my senator involved to get an interview. And guess what? I got an RFE handed to me on the day of the interview, and the officer had the nerve to tell me that the only reason I had an interview was because she wanted to hand me the RFE.

event.png

There are lots in North Africa and the Middle East looking for asylum, and in Calais.

Wonder why they just do not go to Bulgaria?

Because Spain and Italy are easily reachable by sea.

And they are going to Bulgaria, actually, the EU sent immigrants in all of its states.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Because Spain and Italy are easily reachable by sea.

And they are going to Bulgaria, actually, the EU sent immigrants in all of its states.

They tried, the only ones in favour were those who would benefit.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Countries like Germany and Italy would be able to reduce their numbers at others expense, they were in favour, what a surprise,

Countries that Poland and Spain were very much against, from memory all the Easter European countries were against it, Hungary is busy building a wall.

Uk had an opt out and more importantly the Channel. Things are getting hairy in Calais.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

My logic is logical; billions of people do not want to be U.S. citizens. I have lived in Japan and the UK, and traveled all around Asia, Europe, and Central/South America; a vast majority of people are happy where they are. Yes, there are lots that want to come here, but not billions, not even close.

And yes, you are right, in fact, I wrote out a thing specifying that in my post before deleting it since I did not believe this was the forum for that. But I believe becoming a citizen here should be like buying a firearm; you fill out a form, and a background check is performed on you both in the U.S. and your nation of record, with the additional requirement of having a medical check performed to make sure you don't have ebola or something, and in you come.

Terrorists and criminals will not use lawful means to come in; that's what makes them criminals; that's the same logic as saying a law-abiding citizen should not be able to buy a gun because a criminal did something wrong with it. This country was founded on innocent until proven guilty, and the burden of proof rests with the State. If they cannot prove you are not coming here to do something malicious, you have a right to be here.

I am anti-illegal immigration. But I also believe immigration needs to be easy.

You're wrong. The supreme court ruled against that. Check out Kerry v. Din. It set precedence.

http://www.scotusblog.com/case-files/cases/kerry-v-din/

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Maybe because he's military he's used to just "getting in" wherever. Clearly, by almost any logic a country, if it's to remain sovereign, needs to provide some mechanism by which those who are admitted may be chosen or rejected.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well, this discussion is moot. Whether we like it or not, our statutory framework provides that immigration to the US IS a privilege, not a right. Furthermore, the issue of "immigration rights" is not one that any politician would ever push as a platform, since most voters in the US are very anti-immigration. No politician would stand up on a soapbox and ask for more funding for USCIS to reduce AOS timelines, or streamlined procedures. That would be the political death of any politician.

Bottom line is, the current difficulties we face in getting our loved ones approved for green cards, etc. is the fault of the US voters, and public opinion. It all flows from this.

Marc

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

B route is much much quicker.

Should've done that, should've done that, should've done that......

2014-05-08 Sent I-129f
2014-05-12 I-129f received
2014-05-15 Received NOA1 email
2014-05-19 Received NOA1 hardcopy
2014-09-10 NOA2 Approved
2014-09-30 Package Left from NVC
2014-10-06 Received by Embassy
2014-10-31 Interview, Approved.
2014-11-03 Picked up visa.
2014-12-25 POE Ft. Lauderdale

2015-01-02 Wedding

---AOS---

2015-01-09 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

2015-01-12 AOS package received

2015-01-14 Email received: Case accepted and routed

2015-01-15 Check cashed

2015-01-20 Received NOAs in the mail

2015-02-07 Received Biometrics letter in the mail

2015-02-19 Biometrics Appt in Raleigh office.

2015-03-13 EAD and AP approved

2015-03-19 EAD and AP sent

2015-03-21 Received EAD/AP combo card

2015-03-26 Received 2nd Biometrics appointment for Charlotte office

2015-04-08 2nd Biometrics

2015-06-15 Received NPIW dated 06-11

2015-08-01 Green Card Approved

2015-08-03 Welcome Letter Mailed

2015-08-07 Welcome Letter Received

2015-08-22 Card Mailed

2015-08-26 Card Received

2015-11-20 Enlisted in the USMC

2016-02-16 Shipping date to bootcamp

I think the OP want to tell that is not normal to have an easy green card doing things illegally (enter with ESTA - or any other way -, get married and ask for AOS) than doing the things legally (enter with a K1 visa and ask for AOS). The wait will be 6 month for the first one (with interview) and more than 12 months (sometimes 15 months) with no interview and no relevant information for the second one. And I do agree with that. It is not normal.

And I do agree with the other, it's not a right, it's a privilege... let's try to do the same in our born country, I am sure, it will be much more difficult for our beloved to come and live with us (and even more difficult for gay couple, I am sure ^^)... but I don't think OP was telling the opposite t ^^

Edited by mimikado

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I think the OP want to tell that is not normal to have an easy green card doing things illegally (enter with ESTA - or any other way -, get married and ask for AOS) than doing the things legally (enter with a K1 visa and ask for AOS). The wait will be 6 month for the first one (with interview) and more than 12 months (sometimes 15 months) with no interview and no information for the second one. And I do agree with that. It is not normal. And American should think the same...

And I do agree with the other, it's not a right, it's a privilege... but I don't think he was telling the opposite t ^^

If it was "illegal" to enter with ESTA - or any other way -, get marreid and ask for ASO, then why does the US Government issue green cards to most of these applicants?

It's not always "illegal" to enter the US on ESTA, marry, and adjust. You are mischaracterizing this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.