40 posts in this topic

The NVC has a lot going on right now it seems. Anyway, it is way better to just call. Be prepared to redial until it rings One time I called 20 times in a row til l finally got though.

Thanks kate!

You give me hope! :)

Service Center: California Service Center

Transferred? No

I-751 Filed: 2018-06-06

I-751 NOA: 2018-06-29

Biometrics: Waived

Interview: 2019-XX-XX 

Approval: 2019-XX-XX

Card Received: 2019-XX-XX

Marriage : 2015-10-07 (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We were so lucky they sent our application to California and we got the NOA2 so soon.

Now it`s stuck there. Do they have to throw obstacles into every step of the application?

Why must it be so hard for two people that love each other to get married?! I know they wanna make sure that it`s not a fake marriage, but even true love can just handle so much.

I think the whole process and the fact that planning a real wedding is pretty much impossible, is already hard enough.

But we all do what we have to.

At least CSC or NVC (or whatever is the problem here) should appreciate our efforts and situation and do their job. Not leave applications unsend at CSC...

I cross my fingers for you all and hope we all will here back soon!

I was in CSC as well and even with an RFE it went pretty fast then... BAM NVC in AP for 20 days then things went fast from there to the embassy. Now Im rushing my fiancé to get documents and $$$ to expedite sheesh it does seem like it is an unfair process and so many of us have gone through it and far worse. I had a friend tell me that nothing worth having is easy. So just imagine how much stronger your relationship will be once its over. You might even try to laugh at all the crazy things happening with HOMELAND SECURITY and IMMIGRATION. it seems unfair even still that I can not be with my fiancé but each day brings us closer. Try to prepare some of the documents that you know for sure you will need so you can busy yourself with other things while they do whatever it is they do at NVC. Yes still call but prepare. after it gets to your embassy for K1 things move along pretty quickly after that. Now instead of US waiting on them... because of the documents, They are waiting on us. Which should never have been the case. So take heed and get your documents regardless of embassy some of these are pretty standard.. passport, police certificate, shot records etc etc... good luck your almost there. hang in there! Each step of the way has its challenges, This process is definitely not for the weak minded or weak hearted and certainly not for weak relationships. Your relationship Will be tested.. but all true relationships are. I am been so frustrated with the process but not once has my love for him waivered or have I questioned just why I am doing this. We only have so much information of whats going on behind the scenes but luckily on VJ someone has gone through something like you are now which gives it some hope at being "normal". Still these are humans that are in charge of the process and sometimes just because someone might be having a bad day, We are the ones that suffer with unsent or unprocessed paperwork in a timely fashion. that is the hard truth. I feel your pain. been there done that. But it is not a personal attack on YOUR application it is just the way it is. I hope you find some strength in your loved one. It aint over by a long shot. there are things you can do... things I should have done and am doing now that could possibly shorten the time once it makes it to its final destination. Good luck again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I didn't hear anything from either NVC or the Consulate after our NOA2.

Then I emailed the Consulate and said "haven't heard anything, my application is meant to be with you, do you have it etc" and suddenly an hour later got an email with my interview date and checklist.

Email the Consulate that is to interview you and make a decision and ask them if they have your application.

Filed I-129F: 3 November 2014 (CSC)

NOA 1: 20 November 2014

NOA 2: 2 February 2015

Consulate Notification: 8 April 2015

Consular Interview: 19 May 2015
Medical: 20 May 2015
Administrative Processing: 20 May - ???

GLOBAL VISA SHUTDOWN: 9 June 2015
Advised approved for issuance: 24 June 2015
Requested re-validated I-129F (expired during shutdown): 24 June 2015
Advised I-129F revalidation received: 30 June 2015
Administrative Processing: 30 June 2015

Visa Issued: 13 JULY 2015
USA POE: 24 OCT 2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I had to call the nvc, my noa2 date was June 17th. There has been a recording when calling them, but I automatically pressed 1 and got an operator. They asked me a my nao1 # told me that they had our application and transferred me to another agent. After waiting on hold for 55 minutes (yes, I waited) they told me that it was approved the day before and has been sent to the embassy already! Never did I even receive a notice stating that they had even received my packet! My fiancée was super excited to be awakened to the news!

Good luck to all!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I remember it took a ridiculously long time to get a letter from NVC about our case. I had called them weeks earlier to get the case number. I had success calling at night (10-11PM). Be prepared to be on hold for 45 min- 1 hour.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

For those of you who:

a) received a NOA2 more than 35 days ago

b) were approved by CSC

c) have confirmed with NVC that it has not yet received your case

I give you this:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/526480-noa2-to-nvc-have-you-been-waiting-more-than-a-month/

Long story short: CSC sometimes is really bad at getting cases to NVC. You have to deal with a lot of USCIS BS. It sucks, but it will eventually get resolved.

Edited to add: E-mailing NVC is not very helpful. They will take over a month to respond to your e-mails.

Edited by usmsbow

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

JasVW19, I'm glad you posted this topic, because even though my NOA2 date was June 23 (and it's still within the 40+ days it's supposed to take and blah blah blah), I am really starting to get worried here. I've been comparing my timeline with so many other timelines and seeing others getting their case #s relatively quickly. Yet when I call, I'm told that they haven't received my case yet. It is so very frustrating for everyone when the fate of our relationships are in the hands of complete strangers who could care less and appear to be inept 85% of the time.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline

my case was at NVC over a year

For a K-1 visa??!

9/01/13- Met online 7/10/15- NVC case # assigned **22 days from NOA2**

11/9/13- Met 1st time in person (L) 7/27/15- Case left NVC to South Africa!!!

2/01/14- Met 2nd time in person (L) 7/28/15- Case "ready"

9/01/14- Met 3rd time in person (L) 7/31/15- Consulate received

5/11/15- Mailed I-129F 8/4/15- Packet 3 received by email

5/19/15- NOA1--- Got routed to CSC!!! :dancing: 8/7/15- Sent Packet 3

5/22/15- File "touched" 8/7/15- Packet 4 received by email!

5/27/15- Our baby was born (L) 9/7- 9/8- Medical

6/18/15- NOA2!!!! Email notification at 21:30 Central Time **30 days from NOA1** 9/17/15- Interview!!! APPROVED :luv:

9/28/15- Visa in hand

9/29/15- US Entry---- Finally!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hey all,

At the beginning of June we received our NOA2 and haven`t heard anything ever since from NVC or the consulate.

Does anyone of you know if they are in delay or something at the NVC?

We already sent an email to figure out our status, but also didn't hear back from them. We tried to call but can't reach anyone.

It's more than 1.5 months now and we are worried about our application.

Also I was wondering how I will hear back from the consulate for my interview? Will they send a letter or call me? Will they give me an appointment for the interview that I will have to go to or can I tell them my preferred days?

Thank you all!

Worried Jasmina

Call the nvc at 7 am in the morning and keep on trying you will go through, they will put u on hold for like 30 mins but theb someone will reply and they should give u ur case number, we kept calling them and got our case number after 15 days, and they don't reply to emails.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

JasVW19, I'm glad you posted this topic, because even though my NOA2 date was June 23 (and it's still within the 40+ days it's supposed to take and blah blah blah), I am really starting to get worried here. I've been comparing my timeline with so many other timelines and seeing others getting their case #s relatively quickly. Yet when I call, I'm told that they haven't received my case yet. It is so very frustrating for everyone when the fate of our relationships are in the hands of complete strangers who could care less and appear to be inept 85% of the time.

My NOA2 date is also June 23rd. Today NVC told me they received my case but it is not in the system yet. So hopefully next week.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.